• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So anybody still hopeful regarding embiid? It's unfortunate but he'll just never be a major factor in this league

Fjordson

So anybody still hopeful regarding embiid? It's unfortunate but he'll just never be a major factor in this league
You never know what could happen, but it's tough when you think about the lack of back to backs probably since he was a teenager (none in college, was injured in the conference tourney). No proof yet he can hold up playing an NBA schedule.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bleh jaylen back to the bench for no. I liked their versatility and rebounding with their other lineup much better with him on the floor.

spyder_ur

This is where we remember that Avery Bradley is a really good basketball player, right?

I'm losing it. He was too good for this world. We'll always have those 30 games.

Seriously though, it's such a drag, but I have a really hard time envisioning any kind of a successful prolonged career for him at this point. Silver lining I guess is that his injuries aren't serious outside of basketball.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is where we remember that Avery Bradley is a really good basketball player, right?

I'm losing it. He was too good for this world. We'll always have those 30 games.

Seriously though, it's such a drag, but I have a really hard time envisioning any kind of a successful prolonged career for him at this point. Silver lining I guess is that his injuries aren't serious outside of basketball.

His injuries are definitely better than those of Oden or roy for sure, but yeah his body for whatever reason can't handle it. He was a volleyball player right? Maybe the low impact of the sand was easier on his body. Typically sand is worse for joints though so idk.

Also jaylen brown is out there with confidence again playing well and continues to sizzle from the corner.

Sanjuro

His injuries are definitely better than those of Oden or roy for sure, but yeah his body for whatever reason can't handle it. He was a volleyball player right? Maybe the low impact of the sand was easier on his body. Typically sand is worse for joints though so idk.

Also jaylen brown is out there with confidence again playing well and continues to sizzle from the corner.

Nah. We should have gotten rid of Brown for Boogie! Or Carmelo! Or George!

spyder_ur

That's truly a terribly officiated sequence right there. That's entirely on the refs, though in those situations the review in Secaucus does the refs no favors.

Also I have no idea what a flagrant foul is and apparently noone does.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Rate this roster:

TT
Love
Bron
JR
Kyrie

Bogut
Derrick Will
Shump
Korver
Deron Will
R. Jefferson
J. Jones

It's actually sort of impressive to think of the Sixers in the worst case scenario of Embiid and Simmons never again playing. Their roster ends up being:

TJ McConnell
Their draft pick this year, very likely some sort of guard or wing
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
Richaun Holmes

That's STILL a good roster to develop off of. They have a ton of young talent at multiple positions

Considering how aggressive the Raps were at the deadline you have to think they would have gone after a backup PG had they known this was coming. Maybe they can get Brandon Jennings? If not, they might have the scrape the bottom of the barrel for Jose Calderon.

Or they could go with Corey Joseph and Delon Wright, who have been doing a pretty decent job at stepping up to the occasion

I think Raptors can get the 3rd seed back. Of course, if the Bulls are their first round series, idk, but if the Cavs face the Wizards in the ECSF, and then the Raptors in the ECF (because 6'7'' DeRozan murders Boston), then I think it's fair to say that the Cavs will be facing more adversity than the past 2 years by far.

nubcake

Neo Member
Most of the team played like hot steaming garbage offensively tonight but Derozan just absolutely refused to lose. Beautiful.

Brinbe

So Toronto's defense has suddenly become more characteristic than their offense.

Ibaka looks so comfortable in that jersey

It was always supposed to be characteristic, but Casey finally has the players to do the dirty work like Tucker.

Who could forget

raptors_luckyrock.jpeg

spyder_ur

Truly atrociously managed game by the refs here. But Dwight is a moron.

It's actually sort of impressive to think of the Sixers in the worst case scenario of Embiid and Simmons never again playing. Their roster ends up being:

TJ McConnell
Their draft pick this year, very likely some sort of guard or wing
Robert Covington
Dario Saric
Richaun Holmes

That's STILL a good roster to develop off of. They have a ton of young talent at multiple positions

Uh, no it's really not. Other than maybe Saric and (very maybe) Holmes and Lowawu the rest of those guys project as borderline role players on decent teams, with very low floors.

Look the situation with Embiid and Simmons isn't their fault necessarily, but it's not like they have a ton of high-upside or developmental players on their team. It's one of the things that strikes me about the 76ers, given they haven't really tried to play competitive basketball in 4 years.

Top Bottom