• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

If, if

LeBron too strong has these guys wishing for him to get tired.

His teams have been in the Finals for what 50 years in a row now? Him getting tired/injured is the only shot the other East teams have. It might not be realistic, but beating him fully healthy is even less so. We talk about nonsensical shit like him getting tired because the alternative is talking about another Warriors/Cavs Finals in fucking february.

LeBron doesn't make sense as a human being. No one should be that big and fast, it's one or the other.

His 14th year shows almost zero drop off from his best seasons or his career stats. That's incredible. Most perimeter players are out of the league by year 14, let alone maintaining their career numbers, all of this while he averages nearly 40 minutes per game for his career.

His teams have been in the Finals for what 50 years in a row now? Him getting tired/injured is the only shot the other East teams have.

Roughly 50 years, yes. The transition was basically Bill Russell to LeBron.

I have odd, vague recollections of dudes named Lenny Bird or Mark Jordan, but details are kind of hazy. Come to think of it, I think Jordan played baseball, so I'm probably just thinking of the wrong sport.

Roughly 50 years, yes. The transition was basically Bill Russell to LeBron.

I have odd, vague recollections of dudes named Lenny Bird or Mark Jordan, but details are kind of hazy. Come to think of it, I think Jordan played baseball, so I'm probably just thinking of the wrong sport.

You're probably thinking about that golf player that tried to revolutionize the sport with this gritty swing.

Bread

Banned
Cavs have to go up against the Wizards, Celtics, and Raptors. Then they have to face the Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors. There's no way they win the championship title victory.

Cavs have to go up against the Wizards, Celtics, and Raptors. Then they have to face the Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors. There's no way they win the championship title victory.

Yeah, the challenging part is when they have to play them all at the same time.

Stock up on potions, Cavs. You know Love and Kyrie will need them.

Jacce

Banned

Man that finals matchup of Cavs vs Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors is going to be lit.

5 on 15 basketball.

Bread

Banned
It just always goes back to this argument. Lebrong can do it during the regular season, but when it's playoff time and the game is on the line, can he defeat the Rockets, Warriors, and Spurs? I'm not sold.

Jacce

Banned
He put in one of the best finals performances of any player in history last year, so the answer is...yes. Last years Warriors team was better than this years Spurs and Rockets. His performance in last years finals is better than anything the Rockets or Spurs could do this year, the only team in the NBA capable of defeating him are the newly super powered Warriors.

Cavs vs. either Spurs or Rockets would be a Cavs victory in 6 games. Durant Warriors would be the odds on favorite though.

Bread

Banned
He put in one of the best finals performances of any player in history last year, so the answer is...yes. Last years Warriors team was better than this years Spurs and Rockets. His performance in last years finals is better than anything the Rockets or Spurs could do this year, the only team in the NBA capable of defeating him are the newly super powered Warriors.

Cavs vs. either Spurs or Rockets would be a Cavs victory in 6 games. Durant Warriors would be the odds on favorite though.
Last years Warriors team is absolutely not better than this years Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs. The Cavs would be swept in 6 against them.

Last year's 73-9 GSW is worse than this year's Spurs and Rockets...?

Well to be fair these team don't expect big contributions from a guy that can't stop punching dudes in the balls. Plus, Curry was not the same after seeing his mom reverse cowgirling that dude, and that's just not how champions do it. Lebron for one kicked his career into overdrive when his mom got Delonte'd.

Jacce

Banned
Last years Warriors team is absolutely not better than this years Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs. The Cavs would be swept in 6 against them.

Last years Warriors is better than this years Spurs and Rockets, I honestly can't see how you see them as better. I mean they went 73-9 for crying out loud. The only reason they lost game 7 is because Lebron is an unstoppable monster.

Playoff Lebron > 2017 Rockets & Spurs.

Jacce

Banned
2015-2016 Warriors - Champions? No
2016-2017 Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs - Champions? Most likely yes

case closed

But why? How? This makes no sense.

Last years Spurs were better than this years Spurs. There is no doubt there as great Spurs are this year. Last years Warriors cleaned Spurs clock pretty consistently. There is no way anyone could say the 16-17 Spurs is better than the 15-16 Spurs.

15-16 Warriors also beat 15-16 Thunder which beat 15-16 Spurs.... and 15-16 Spurs is a better team than the 16-17 spurs.

Sandfox

So it looks like the Knicks will be going back to playing the triangle and the rest of the season will be about seeing who on the roster fits into it.

Bread

Banned
But why? How? This makes no sense.

Last years Spurs were better than this years Spurs. There is no doubt there as great Spurs are this year. Last years Warriors cleaned Spurs clock pretty consistently. There is no way anyone could say the 16-17 Spurs is better than the 15-16 Spurs.

15-16 Warriors also beat 15-16 Thunder which beat 15-16 Spurs.... and 15-16 Spurs is a better team than the 16-17 spurs.
You seem like an analytic redditor, as someone who watches game I can tell you this is fact.

Jacce

Banned
You seem like an analytic redditor, as someone who watches game I can tell you this is fact.

NBA is a very analytic driven league. Look at how much money teams invest in analytics. Tell me what about this years Spurs is better than last years Spurs other than "because I said so".

Numbers say last years Spurs were better, what is your logic that this years team is better? I mean you are saying its a fact that this years team is better, I would think you could back that up with something lol.

Jarate

Banned
barring injury, anyone who doesnt think the Warriors are going to chip are crazy. Spurs are worse (LA playing worse, not a lot of good rim protectors on the roster either), Rockets only have Harden, and the Clippers are the Clippers.

The Nuggets and the Jazz probably are the two worst matchups for the Warriors as the Warriors tend to struggle against energetic tall young teams. I don't think those teams are good enough to beat the Warriors.

On the east side, I doubt anyone gets past the Cavs, barring injuries. I think the #2 seed will meet them there, just because basically every team in the east has a mediocre road record with a good home record.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat sneak into the playoffs. If they do, Spoelstra should be in the running for coach of the year.

Coach of the year candidates gotta be

D Antoni
Stevens
Spoelstra
Brett Brown
Pop
Kerr

barring injury, anyone who doesnt think the Warriors are going to chip are crazy. Spurs are worse (LA playing worse, not a lot of good rim protectors on the roster either), Rockets only have Harden, and the Clippers are the Clippers.

The Nuggets and the Jazz probably are the two worst matchups for the Warriors as the Warriors tend to struggle against energetic tall young teams. I don't think those teams are good enough to beat the Warriors.

On the east side, I doubt anyone gets past the Cavs, barring injuries. I think the #2 seed will meet them there, just because basically every team in the east has a mediocre road record with a good home record.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat sneak into the playoffs. If they do, Spoelstra should be in the running for coach of the year.

D Antoni
Stevens
Spoelstra
Brett Brown
Pop
Kerr

LeCavs got this. Trust the process!!!

Sandfox

D Antoni
Stevens
Spoelstra
Brett Brown
Pop
Kerr
Two of these things are not like the others.

Two Words

It just always goes back to this argument. Lebrong can do it during the regular season, but when it's playoff time and the game is on the line, can he defeat the Rockets, Warriors, and Spurs? I'm not sold.

He has beaten two of those teams in the Finals. Is this a /s post?

Top Bottom