• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

Lmao MR 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!! Fucking choked so hard in that whole sequence. Great effort though IT that's all that matters.

You live to blame IT for every loss..crickets when he wins them though. He's responsible for 40% of the Celtics offense this year without him they would be pathetic.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You live to blame IT for every loss..crickets when he wins them though. He's responsible for 40% of the Celtics offense this year without him they would be pathetic.

15 pts in 1 quarter to Tyler fucking ulis. Ive eaten crow on IT this year and heaped praise on him,but I also point out his downfalls which are significant.

Edit- also I'm all for show and fun, but the whole pointing at the wrist thing is ripe for mocking when he straight up shits his pants. That was a really special sequence. 4th best ft shooter in the league can't ice the game, then turns it over and gives up the open 3 all to the guy who smoked him in the entire 2nd quarter. You can't write that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Before you kill me I'll say, "If my heart stops beating it will remotely trigger a trapdoor beneath the Celtics trophy cabinet that will take their cups through a tunnel to Indiana"

Larry legend will take care of it like McHale took care of us in 07-08

Everyone I talked to on Friday thinks Ball is the next Magic, I bet you guys take him even if you get #1

I can understand why some Laker fans are excited about him from a narrative standpoint: He's a local kid, he's playing at UCLA, the comparisons to California legends like Magic and Kidd, the fun style he plays with. I hear a lot of the same things you do. A lot of people think he's a no brainer franchise PG.

If Spurs get the #1 seed, it's Kawhi. The Spurs have been surprisingly like the Rockets and Thunder in mostly being carried by one star, and Kawhi has been monstrous in multiple close fourth quarter games the Spurs barely win.

Westbrook only has a chance if the Thunder realize that having an easy schedule for the rest of the season while the Grizzlies, Clippers, and to an extent the Jazz are all stumbling means they should be winning and going for the 4th seed right now.

Lebron's best chance is if the Rockets barely keep the 3rd seed, closing off the season in an ugly manner, while the Spurs remain 2nd seed, and the Thunder maybe at 5th seed. Given the way the media narrative around Westbrook and Harden are, that scenario could lead to him winning due to the other two siphoning votes from each other.

The ridiculously tough vote is if the Spurs get the 1st seed, the Rockets end the season on a streak, defeating a surprising amount of their tough March schedule opponents, and the Thunder catapult to 4th seed. Maybe add the Cavs hitting around 57-60 wins (60 means they lose 3 more for the rest of the season, highly doubtful if you expect at least 1 more rest game from the big 3). In that scenario, 3, maybe 4 players, have a really good argument to the MVP.

I think a big factor in why Harden is going to get it is that I don't see anyone leaving him out of their top 3, while I can see the other candidates being snubbed from their top selections. I just can't see Harden at 4th or 5th or not voted for at all on anyone's ballot. There's going to be people who take Lebron for granted, who think Kawhi is still somehow a Spurs system player, that won't vote for a non-top 3 seeded team.

i think the 8th seed is between Denver and Dallas. that NO team is shit.

Mavericks, Nuggets, or Blazers. Nurkic has been averaging:

14.5 ppg / 8.2 rpg / 4.0 apg / 1.7 spg / 1.5 bpg on about 30 mpg

since being traded. The Blazers' biggest hole was in their bigs, with no good defensive inside presence, and Nurkic has filled that, looking like a different player since he was traded.

Larry legend will take care of it like McHale took care of us in 07-08

Too late, LyleLanley killed him to get Gobert in the first place

Russell and Ingram can't be getting too few shots at this point, they need to be forced to hold the ball as much as possible at this point.

On the other hand, I'm really hoping the Pelicans keep losing while AD and Boogie throw up monster stats, so that Gentry gets fired and the Pelicans get to keep their pick, thus meaning the NBA actually gets to see an energized, fun, contending Pelicans team next year.

Russell and Ingram can't be getting too few shots at this point, they need to be forced to hold the ball as much as possible at this point.

On the other hand, I'm really hoping the Pelicans keep losing while AD and Boogie throw up monster stats, so that Gentry gets fired and the Pelicans get to keep their pick, thus meaning the NBA actually gets to see an energized, fun, contending Pelicans team next year.

As if the Pelicans won't fuck it up next year as well.

As if the Pelicans won't fuck it up next year as well.

Hmm, fine, give them Lonzo, make it a case where it's either seriously dysfunctional or really amazing to watch.

I actually completely expect the Pelicans to trade their pick for a package that really isn't worth it if they kept their pick.

Top Bottom