• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

if westbrook averages a triple double and doesnt get MVP then somethings fucked up

Agreed, I've seen people even saying he sometimes is detrimental to his team as if they wouldn't be the fucking Nets without him. Westbrook is absolutely the MVP followed closely by Harden and with Kawaii a distant third.

Agreed, I've seen people even saying he sometimes is detrimental to his team as if they wouldn't be the fucking Nets without him. Westbrook is absolutely the MVP followed closely by Harden and with Kawaii a distant third.

What's the difference between 30/10/10 and 29/8/11? Especially when the 2nd is scoring way more efficiently, and his assists on average are worth more (more 3 pt assists)

People had the Rockets missing the playoffs at the beginning of the season. Harden has been making all of his teammates hit another level this year.

Sandfox

Is it too early to think that it's a good idea to get rid of Randle?

Not necessarily. Our team composition is really off and it severely hurts our offense.

Yeah. Maybe cut back his minutes heavily for another young player's, but he's young, and the Lakers aren't going anywhere anyways.

Ingram needs the ball more. Too many plays where he's primarily involved in off-ball action tonight.
Anyone that could take some of Randel's minutes is struggling more than him.

Pelicans will either have Boogie play spot-up shooter or point-Center. It hurts to watch. I seriously hope they keep their pick, lose games, and can get Gentry fired, because they won't go anywhere while he's their coach.

Not necessarily. Our team composition is really off and it severely hurts our offense.

Anyone that could take some of Randel's minutes is struggling more than him.

Larry Nance Jr.?

Sandfox

Pelicans will either have Boogie play spot-up shooter or point-Center. It hurts to watch. I seriously hope they keep their pick, lose games, and can get Gentry fired, because they won't go anywhere while he's their coach.

Larry Nance Jr.?

Nance has actually been playing terrible, but nobody ever calls him out on it. Dude has been invisible.

xHiryu

What's the difference between 30/10/10 and 29/8/11? Especially when the 2nd is scoring way more efficiently, and his assists on average are worth more (more 3 pt assists)

People had the Rockets missing the playoffs at the beginning of the season. Harden has been making all of his teammates hit another level this year.

the rockets have a better team. lou will and eric gordon coming off the bench is firepower alongside real proficient 3pt shooting. beverley is also underrated, he's more than a defensive one trick pony

whereas russ has maybe adams and gibson. the bench and starters for the rockets are overall better, mvp is most valuable and westbrook is not only putting up videogame numbers, he's carrying a team that would arguably be in contention for the number 1 pick in the draft if he wasnt there.

the rockets have a better team. lou will and eric gordon coming off the bench is firepower alongside real proficient 3pt shooting. beverley is also underrated, he's more than a defensive one trick pony

whereas russ has maybe adams and gibson. the bench and starters for the rockets are overall better, mvp is most valuable and westbrook is not only putting up videogame numbers, he's carrying a team that would arguably be in contention for the number 1 pick in the draft if he wasnt there.

Who was checking for Eric Gordon before this year? Why is Westbrook carrying one team, but Harden can't get credit for Eric Gordon? Westbrook is a monster, but I'd rather have Harden. He's a better shooter and more efficient scorer, all while passing and playmaking as well as Russell. Comparing their supporting casts is tough because Russ is probably a harder guy to play with or build around.

Russell's candidacy over better guys is based strictly on the "Triple Double" narrative. Much like the Triple Crown in baseball, which I think is bunk. It's a nice feat but it doesn't mean anything. If Russ were somehow averaging one less rebound per game, would he be getting as much MVP pub as guys like Harden or Leonard?

By the way, before KD's injury, there was a legitimate chance he, Westbrook and Harden were going to all finish in the top 5 or 6 of the MVP voting. This is your friendly reminder that they were all on the same team at one point. A fact that in 20 years kids who watch basketball are probably going to find hard to believe.

Blablurn

Who was checking for Eric Gordon before this year? Why is Westbrook carrying one team, but Harden can't get credit for Eric Gordon? Westbrook is a monster, but I'd rather have Harden. He's a better shooter and more efficient scorer, all while passing and playmaking as well as Russell. Comparing their supporting casts is tough because Russ is probably a harder guy to play with or build around.

Russell's candidacy over better guys is based strictly on the "Triple Double" narrative. Much like the Triple Crown in baseball, which I think is bunk. It's a nice feat but it doesn't mean anything. If Russ were somehow averaging one less rebound per game, would he be getting as much MVP pub as guys like Harden or Leonard?

By the way, before KD's injury, there was a legitimate chance he, Westbrook and Harden were going to all finish in the top 5 or 6 of the MVP voting. This is your friendly reminder that they were all on the same team at one point. A fact that in 20 years kids who watch basketball are probably going to find hard to believe.

Based LeBron once beat KD, Russel and Harden. What a glorious time that was. Truly the MVP we deserve <3.

Just because WB does everything for the Thunder doesn't mean they don't have talent. Steven Adams is a rock solid player, Kanter is one of the best offensive bigs in the league. Gibson and Oladipo are average but at least starting quality. Roberson is a black hole on the offensive end but he's probably the second best perimeter defender in the league. They're hardly loaded but if WB were replaced with an average point guard they'd be trying to get to the 8th seed. Which I guess isn't that much worse than where they are now at 7th.

go back and look at pre-season expectations for this Rockets team. They were consistenly ranked below the Thunder

Oh I didn't mean that as a knock on Harden, who's having an unbelievable year. It's just that Westbrook's numbers amaze me because the Thunder would suck ass without him, while the Rockets have a decent supporting cast (which is made better by Harden, but still). Also, Westbrook is a slightly better defender.

To be perfectly fair, I'd be okay with either of these guys winning. I'd pick Westbrook, but Harden winning it would be nice as well.

Bread

Banned
C6MjOOwWMAASbY_.jpg

rookie of the year!!!!!!

Jarate

Banned
Saric is averaging about 18-8 post all star game (this is probably higher tbh) Jaylen looks good tbh, and might have a higher ceiling then Saric, but there's no way Saric doesnt win if Embiid doesnt win.

Brogdon - Brown - Saric - Embiid seem like locks for Rookie 1st Team

Question is, between Yogi Ferrell, Jamal Murray, and Buddy Hield, who gets that last guard spot?

Harden, Leonard or LeGM should get the MVP. Depending on how the two aforementioned players play in tonights game will go towards showing who has the edge.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wolves / Trail Blazers game cancelled.

It's currently 60 degrees in Minneapolis, with tornado watches. There was leftover ice underneath the Target Center boards from Disney on Ice which was causing the court to be slippery. They were able to remove all the excess ice, but due to the atmospheric condtions, moisture in the air is condensating back onto the court.

Top Bottom