• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

UYZRLpIDL66Y0.gif

7'3 unicorn

Kevtones

Lillard's performance last night… MVP chatter not crazy. He's averaging 35 points, 5.3 assists, and 8 rebounds while shooting 55 percent from the floor and 44 percent from three. Yeah it's only three games but good lord he's been fire.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Watching last night game and another big lead wasted, it's happening what so many people thought about the hype surrounding the Wolves this year. They still lack that player that takes over the game when everything fails.

Wiggins and KAT are great already but they are not those kind of players yet. Also those Rubio rumors are so silly because Kris Dunn so far hasn't shown he's able to run the offense. He will probably develop but if you want to get a playoff spot in the West you can't rely on Dunn this year as your starting PG (unless that elbow injury is more severe than first reports)

At least they have a bright future ahead unlike the Kings. I look at that roster and I see Cousins as the only building block for the future and he will definitely bolt as soon as you can. It's like their owner has been picking the wrong players in the draft for years...

What's nuts is that on Draft night, Chicago would've traded Jimmy F. Butler for Dunn and Lavine, but your team was adamant that they take Rubio instead of Lavine, tanking the opportunity.

Like, who the fuck wouldn't trade Lavine for J. Buckets? That's insanity.

Wiggins has all of the physical tools to be the guy, but he doesn't have that Kobe-blooded, killer mindset.

Zaza is so shit compared to Bogut. And man warriors offense looks God damn lost. I knew they would be way weaker defensively but I imagined their offense would get so much better they could offset it. Granted they are still figuring it out.

Junior Sabonis starts already for the Thunder?

OKC on the road will be a solid test for these Baby Lakers. Hoping W or L they can keep up the effort and competitiveness from the first two games.

I dont know why the warriors decided to shake their team up so much in the off season. They won 73 games, yeah they lost but they lost in the finals with game 7. Dont think getting durant was worth shaking their team up so much and losing depth. Hopefully they figure things out later on this season because if it stays like this it could get embarrassing.

I dont know why the warriors decided to shake their team up so much in the off season. They won 73 games, yeah they lost but they lost in the finals with game 7. Dont think getting durant was worth shaking their team up so much and losing depth. Hopefully they figure things out later on this season because if it stays like this it could get embarrassing.

Because Kevin Durant? Am I taking crazy pills here with all this hot take/2nd guessing of adding one of the best players in the world 3 games in? You have a chance to get Kevin Durant and get rid of role players you do it every time. I'd want my GM fired if they even had to think twice about it.

A. You get Kevin Durant
B. The team that was up 3-1 on you in the conference finals loses one of their stars

Because Kevin Durant? Am I taking crazy pills here? You have a chance to get Kevin Durant and get rid of role players you do it every time. I'd want my GM fired if they even had to think twice about it.

They were already extremely good though, I dont see him elevating them to a better level than 73-9. Its just resulting in them struggling in the first part of the season and then potentially figuring things out later on and getting back to how good they were last season.

They were already extremely good though, I dont see him elevating them to a better level than 73-9. Its just resulting in them struggling in the first part of the season and then potentially figuring things out later on and getting back to how good they were last season.

It's not about being better than 73-9, it's about giving yourself a better chance to win a title, this year and in future years. This is a superstars league. You get a chance to get one and not give up much in return, you do it every time. Yeah it means they might have to rebuild their depth over the next season or two via the draft/free agency, but I'd take those chances. It's a total no brainer.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
They did it to free up the cash to sign one of the 3 best players in the game. Every other team in the league would do the same.
I certainly won't imply otherwise. You'd be nuts to not sell everything you can for him, and go down with the hip, regardless of how it turns out.

I can only guess they figure the offensive improvement will overpower the loss in defense and rebounding. We're not going to know until at least half of the season has passed.

Even if they don't win this year, the rising salary cap means they'll re-up so hard the team become a living cheat code.

That thought process is silly because that meant giving Harrison Barnes a max deal.

Ezeli is damaged goods

Barbosa and Bogut are a bummer but let's be honest...both those dudes are on their last legs

This team will figure it out but people think they should be world beaters from the jump and it doesn't work like that

Fjordson

Because Kevin Durant? Am I taking crazy pills here with all this hot take/2nd guessing of adding one of the best players in the world 3 games in? You have a chance to get Kevin Durant and get rid of role players you do it every time. I'd want my GM fired if they even had to think twice about it.
Warriors pay roll with KD is lower this year than if they had run it back with last year's team. The idea of paying Barnes a max contract and keeping Andrew Bogut at age 32 instead of Kevin Durant is crazy.

I will say not getting Speights at the minimum and keeping someone like Anderson Varejao was questionable, but adding Durant was a no-brainer.

That's going to be the running theme of the season, especially when Mozgov is out. He's been a great rim protector.

Defense is tough to teach and it takes a shit load of time to really cultivate. I'm OK with that.

As someone who plays basketball, the worst thing I do is protecting perimeters players off the dribble. Always get burned, always.

And as long as Russel has to guard the point he's going to be a liability. Dude's foot speed is pretty suspect.

There has to be drills that help you learn better food speed. That's where I also get burned as a defender, though I've been known to frustrate people who can't really drive to the basket

Top Bottom