• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

mozfan12

Banned
Worst game of the season so far from the Lakers. Westbrook playing out of his goddamed mind but man, don't like the idea of giving Nick Young any more damn time on the floor. Should have been shipped out during the summer.

Worst game of the season so far from the Lakers. Westbrook playing out of his goddamed mind but man, don't like the idea of giving Nick Young any more damn time on the floor. Should have been shipped out during the summer.

Luke has Young starting over Deng.

I don't understand the reasoning there.

IMO, you go:

Russell
Ingram
Deng
Randle
MOZGOD

Huertas/Calderon
Clarkson
Young
Nance
Black

But what do I know?

Luke has Young starting over Deng.

I don't understand the reasoning there.

IMO, you go:

Russell
Ingram
Deng
Randle
MOZGOD

Huertas/Calderon
Clarkson
Young
Nance
Black

But what do I know?

He likes Ingram coming off the bench because it allows him to give Brandon some experience in bringing the ball up and initiating the offense against opposing team's second units. I like what Luke is doing with Ingram.

Miracle

If it follows this trajectory, I reeeeeeeally want a Westbrook vs. Leonard playoff series.

Like a lot.

BTW, Miracle, you still think we are winning 30+ this year or naw?

Yes? The early schedule is our toughest one. Especially this road trip. As well as playing GSW 3 times in November.

The team is also getting good looks on offense but just didn't convert. That will get better as the season progress.

Yes? The early schedule is our toughest one. Especially this road trip.

I told you, we would lose most nights by 8-12 points and a lot of games we would come back to lose.

We MIGHT win our next game vs. PHX. Might. That would make us what, 2-6?

Then we have God King Max Barnes coming in.

Miracle

I told you, we would lose most nights by 8-12 points and a lot of games we would come back to lose.

We MIGHT win our next game vs. PHX. Might. That would make us what, 2-6?

Then we have God King Max Barnes coming in.

You haven't told anything yet lol.

Luke right now is experimenting different lineups. Especially trying to make Randle at Center work. We would actually be 2-1 right now if Luke wanted to by subbing in Mozgov and/or Black from the Jazz game instead of sticking with Randle that game. But right now it's all about development.

Casual Lakers fans tend to be very overreactive on a game to game basis. But the fact remains that the team has been progressively getting better on both ends and the rotations will get shorter as the games go on. Especially once we get through this tough early part of the season. This road trip was going to be a very tough one from the beginning and no one in their right mind expected to come out 4-0 or 3-1 out of it.

J2 Cool

I'm sure the Bulls will have their struggles, but they actually look pretty good. Rondo complements Butler better, and Wade still Wade if you need him. I think guys like Taj are the glue, than keep something of an identity for them.

Jimrpg

Their bench is really suspect. I figured it wouldn't matter if they could just blow teams the fuck out by the third quarter. If I was a GSW fan, I'd be worried about Klay, Steph and Draymond's minutes after the last few long playoff runs.

You have KD, Klay and Curry. 3 of the best shooters of all time on one team. If you can figure it out their offense could be practically unguardable. This is exactly what they signed up for when they added KD. That was the gameplan, to get those 3 guys together. They aren't going to bail on that after less than half a season. The only way Klay is the odd man out is if the owners get scared of the luxury tax.

It has nothing to do with how they've played this season.

For 2 years I've said that Klay would end up the odd man out, and trading him would eventually be the best move. I'd tell you to check my receipts, but they're on that one site you can't link on GAF.

I've only watched the GSW v NO game, but their game has definitely changed to accomodate Durant at the moment. It's not just that Klay will be the odd one out, everybody has been taken down a notch, Curry is now the 2nd option, Klay 3rd, Green's 4th. It's also left the team top heavy, and their bench weak. They could bring in scrubs last year to at least stay level with other teams 2nd unit, but now one or two of the starters need to play with the 2nd unit to stay in the game.

With Durant on the team, he is a natural 1st option. He's unguardable. Klay and Curry may not like their reduced roles as much especially if they're not playing well, the flow that was there last year, isn't the same right now, even though they are playing in the same way, with the same plays. It might have seemed like a good idea at the time, but 4 all stars on the one team might be overdoing it.

Ronin Ray

Also we are like 3 games in and someone is already talking about trading Klay Thompson

This is why basketball talk should be banned here. All anime all day in the NBA thread

11356478_1438206713166129_1364472670_n.jpg

Lillard's performance last night… MVP chatter not crazy. He's averaging 35 points, 5.3 assists, and 8 rebounds while shooting 55 percent from the floor and 44 percent from three. Yeah it's only three games but good lord he's been fire.

That's all that matters. If you want to say he's been great yeah go ahead. But we shouldn't even say the words MVP until November is over.

Top Bottom