• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Wait am I to understand this was actually the Bulls' plan when they made all of those nonsense signings? They look like the Warriors out there.

I mean, was Rose this much of a drag on this offense? Is that all Hoiberg needed, somebody who would push the ball and find the open man? This shit is wide open. They're 3-0 for the first time since 1996!

Wait am I to understand this was actually the Bulls' plan when they made all of those nonsense signings? They look like the Warriors out there.

I mean, was Rose this much of a drag on this offense? Is that all Hoiberg needed, somebody who would push the ball and find the open man? This shit is wide open. They're 3-0 for the first time since 1996!

Another October surprise:

Rank #1 on Offense (113.7 PPG), #7 Defense (96 PPG Allowed)

We should see how good the Bulls really are Wednesday when they meet the Celtics again in Boston.

Deception

You can really see the difference that Wade and Rondo has on this team with the great passes everyone is starting to dish out. You can tell some players like Taj & Niko and surprised by how good and quick some of the passes are coming to them. Give them a few months to get used to each other and it'll be deadly. Now everyone just has to stay healthy, hopefully MCW is fine after his nasty fall.

Probably, the only thing I ever saw in post bionic knees Rose is simple PnR offense and him just trying to shoot the ball when he's terrible at them. You would think that with his athleticism gone because of his injuries that his game would evolve a bit. Nope.

You can really see the difference that Wade and Rondo has on this team with the great passes everyone is starting to dish out. You can tell some players like Taj & Niko and surprised by how good and quick some of the passes are coming to them. Give them a few months to get used to each other and it'll be deadly. Now everyone just has to stay healthy, hopefully MCW is fine after his nasty fall.

Wade and Rondo gelling on a team together is something I never thought I'd live to see.

So is everyone on the Hoiberg bandwagon now, or are we still saying he sucks and should be fired?

All I heard when he was hired was that he was a wiz kid who ran a space age offense in college and would make the Bulls a modern team etc. What I saw was a guy who couldn't control a locker room (college coach in a league with adults) and that the offense was a plodding mess that everyone on the floor hated, that Butler just wanted to do iso stuff etc.

But holy crap if this is what it was supposed to look like all along - making mediocre 3-pt shooters great with good ball movement and high-IQ players who know how to set them up - then I take back any bad thing I might have said.

It's not even the record or the opponents I'm looking at, I know it's just three games. It's just the ball movement and spacing and pace and rebounding and energy ... just the eye test, show me any one quarter of this team this year and I'd say, "yeah, this looks completely different."

LeBron is really insecure for a dude with everything in the world minus a hairline.

yep he's not allowed to poke fun and enjoy himself. nope, must be a lack of security and confidence with his pile of rings, rooms dedicated to trophies, and billion dollar contract.

you'll be okay. when you come back from a 3-1, you get to enjoy an entire year (lifetime) of talking shit. game needs a bit more ether and rivalries anyway, tbqh. good for the game and the fans. maybe bad for GSW's ego, but who gives a fuck about their ego?

Bulls vs Cavs ECF
Bulls vs Spurs Finals

Silver gets shook

stranger things have happened. I'm really liking how CHI looks so far. quite unexpected.

scoobs

Wonder if the Bulls newfound success has more to do with anything hoiberg has done, or the fact that Rose is gone.

yep he's not allowed to poke fun and enjoy himself. nope, must be a lack of security and confidence with his pile of rings, rooms dedicated to trophies, and billion dollar contract.

you'll be okay. when you come back from a 3-1, you get to enjoy an entire year (lifetime) of talking shit. game needs a bit more ether and rivalries anyway, tbqh. good for the game and the fans. maybe bad for GSW's ego, but who gives a fuck about their ego?

If this was Miami LeBron, then maybe I would've said he was being a bit full of himself.

But Cleveland LeBron can do what he wants. Blowing a 3-1 lead deserves to be mocked. The man was far and above the best player BOTH times they played and all he needed was someone else to step up. I can't really say anything about the man any more lol.

If this was Miami LeBron, then maybe I would've said he was being a bit full of himself.

But Cleveland LeBron can do what he wants. Blowing a 3-1 lead deserves to be mocked. The man was far and above the best player BOTH times they played and all he needed was someone else to step up. I can't really say anything about the man any more lol.

Yep. Them coming back from a 3-1 deficit pretty much vindicated all the GM!Lebron drama from that season.

NHale

I see that Raptors fuckball offense is still in effect. Game is close against the Nuggets and I can't remember one offensive possession where anyone besides Lowry and DeRozan touched the ball. Doing the same and expecting different results in the playoff is bold indeed.

Also Rubio out indefinitely with a sprained right elbow. Such a shame because Kris Dunn is not ready to run the offense just yet.

Hawks didn't resign Lil Penny Jr. So he'll be a free agent at the end of the year. Mixed feelings on this.

They can extend him a qualifying offer so he'll be a restricted free agent. Probably going to let him play for his contract and let the market set the price or THJr can accept the offer and chase the big bucks after 2018.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They can extend him a qualifying offer so he'll be a restricted free agent. Probably going to let him play for his contract and let the market set the price or THJr can accept the offer and chase the big bucks after 2018.

Ahhh ok that makes a little more sense.

Jarate

Banned
Wonder if the Bulls newfound success has more to do with anything hoiberg has done, or the fact that Rose is gone.
Rose and Noah were two net negative players their final year with the bulls. Adding Wade is going to help a lot as well.

Jarate

Banned
So, every once in a while, in a futile search for NBA news, I'll look up NBA trade rumors on the internet

One of the ones I'm seeing a lot is Nerlens Noel for Brandon Ingram which would be lol. One of the funniest things is in each article, they talk about how Nerlens Noel is a good offensive player lol

Anyone have League Pass? The PS4 app seems like complete garbage (takes forever to load, can't hold a stream for even 5 minutes, or 2 minutes sometimes) but I'm tired of plugging my computer into the TV and dealing with malicious ads and hit-or-miss quality on the overseas streams. After the free preview, I really doubt LP is worth it for the high subscription price, but I need to watch NBA games every night.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone have League Pass? The PS4 app seems like complete garbage (takes forever to load, can't hold a stream for even 5 minutes, or 2 minutes sometimes) but I'm tired of plugging my computer into the TV and dealing with malicious ads and hit-or-miss quality on the overseas streams. After the free preview, I really doubt LP is worth it for the high subscription price, but I need to watch NBA games every night.

You could get a cheap media streamer. Something like a Chromecast to use instead of your PS4.

You could get a cheap media streamer. Something like a Chromecast to use instead of your PS4.

I don't know how much better it would be. The app blows on my Apple TV. It will randomly reset back like 30 minutes in the game, I was constantly having to quit out and reboot it. Same thing with my phone. The only place I didn't have issues was through the browser on my laptop.

Ray Allen retiring. Salute to the third greatest 3 point shooter of all time.
Steph is my 1st even ifnhe retires today.

Heysus is my 2nd. I like his retirement letter on players tribune.
tocry.png

Listen, I'm staying grounded on my Bulls. It's way god damn early. I will say this, Wade and Rondo are better leaders than Rose and Noah ever were on the Bulls, and we are only 3 games into the season. They have done a good job at getting this fucking mess of a team kind of on the same page.
Nice reverse jinx.
I'm not smart enough to do that.

Fjordson

What about my boy reggie?

Just checked, Reggie had a career 39.5 3FG% and shuttleworth at 40% :(
Reggie was great, but he's a solid tier below some of these guys.

Like Reggie made over 200 3's once in his career. Klay's already done that 4 times. Shit, Klay would have the record for 3's in a single season if his point guard didn't exist.

Yeah this is where I'm at. If Russell can actually maintain numbers like these through the whole season then he can win it no matter how bad his team ends up being, but that's a tall order.

Lebron and Kawhi are the safest bets to garner MVP votes assuming Durant/Curry split the vote like I expect them to.

No he can't. MVP isn't just about numbers you have to actually win games.

Like Reggie made over 200 3's once in his career. Klay's already done that 4 times. Shit, Klay would have the record for 3's in a single season if his point guard didn't exist.

It's almost unfair to judge guys like Ray or especially Reggie against modern offenses. It almost feels like there should be a designation for the pre and post D'Antoni eras in theNBA, kind of like the dead ball era in baseball when the league leaders in homeruns would it like 12 a season.

theWB27

A whole tier? I can't agree with that at all. He's never shot as much nor played in Klay's offense.

Top Bottom