• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

So Curry's lady has a show on the Food Network?

Curry's lady has an everything on everything. Was sitting around at a doctor's office and what do I see? Her own cooking magazine

White people love her

I am so freaking happy that Harrison Barnes is showing he can actually score more than 11 points a game. I feel happy in knowing that we might FINALLY have someone who can outscore Dirk on average through out a full season. Now though, Dirk is hurt, and he's going to be out for awhile. And the Mavs are 1-5, facing a long season from what it seems. This is the rebuild year that we finally had to have. At least there are young players to build on, and if we get a high draft pick, someone else that hopefully can help lead us to a new era.

I was honestly hoping for 0-82. Maybe if we go 0-82 Cuban might finally realize that it's near impossible to get a championship without a franchise player. We need that #1 pick baby

qqa3v7m.gif

Curry's lady has an everything on everything. Was sitting around at a doctor's office and what do I see? Her own cooking magazine

White people love her

I was honestly hoping for 0-82. Maybe if we go 0-82 Cuban might finally realize that it's near impossible to get a championship without a franchise player. We need that #1 pick baby

Yeah Cuban has become delusional with this team. It's a bit annoying with how he crafted the team around Dirk for so many years, not supplying him with an adequate partner to ease the load. Now Cuban is going to be FORCED to go through rebuilding because of his own decisions

Have you seen that he has kicked out Marc Stein and Tim McMahon from reporting? Just did it after the game. I'm shocked he would do that to Stein.

Miracle

Eric Pincus – Verified account ‏@EricPincus

Lakers are a lot mature than people give them credit for -- Luke Walton

Damn straight! Randle's troll play against Chandler is a pure example of that. 90% of the players in the league would have attacked in that situation after a scuffle like that but instead fooled his ass and made the unselfish pass to dagger the game.

God I love this team. Luke Walton is an incredible coach. It was expected we were gonna fall flat this game after loving life from the Warriors game, and if Byron were still coaching, we would have most definitely lost when Suns had all the momentum in the world. But Luke kept the team focused, DLO came back in with a clutch steal, assist, and 3 after a poor 3 quarter performance and turned the game around.

This game actually meant more to me then the Warriors. The Grind was real, and pulled through. That's heart.

jacobs34

Yeah. I'm going to end up watching all 82 Lakers games this season. They are just so much fun to watch. The bench unit can be just as compelling as the starters. I love it when Nance is on the court with Randle at the same time, opens up a lot of playmaking options when you surround them with shooters. Watching Brandon Ingram start to get more-and-more confidence is really fun too. They are just a treat to watch.

Ronin Ray

goddamnit, spurs..

that's no excuse, it's not like they would lose games like this and the utah one last season.

You mean last year when the only lost one game at home and won 67 games? That's not happening again this year not even close . Plus

There's like 13 new poeple on the team none of them speak the same language. Relax it takes time .

Also this legendary historic player isn't on the team this year. His name Matt Bonner. Takes time to recover after losing a player of that caliber

Miracle

Mike Trudell‏ @LakersReporter
Lou Williams said Luke Walton has a way of making the players feel like they’re his teammates, and want to “run through a wall for him.”

so-beautiful.gif

I think I have tear coming out of my eye after hearing that. Seeing a team so well coached regardless of the outcome, a group of players willing to fight till the very end for...I almost forgot what it was like...

random25

Nick Young the greatest Laker ever since Magic giving the Lakers their 3rd straight win. Finally unleashing the beast that Kobe sealed.

Miracle

Nick Young the greatest Laker ever since Magic giving the Lakers their 3rd straight win. Finally unleashing the beast that Kobe sealed.

It's unbelievable how much Luke has turned Young and Lou around. Both from Iso, ball chucking/stopper, no effort D to consistent shooting threat with quick pesky defense...something I never thought I would ever see from those two...especially Lou.

Uncle P for Defensive Player of the Year tho. :D

I don't know what to believe anymore...

2016 is one of the craziest years I have ever lived. So much fuckery everywhere this year.

I'll admit I was wrong. I had a fear that Luke Walton got the benefit of coaching a team that basically coached themselves because they were so talented last year in Golden State. It's only been 7 games, but Luke has done wonders with this Lakers squad

Miracle

I'll admit I was wrong. I had a fear that Luke Walton got the benefit of coaching a team that basically coached themselves because they were so talented last year in Golden State. It's only been 7 games, but Luke has done wonders with this Lakers squad

Now it's looking more like Kerr benefited from having Luke than the other way around. :p

Just wait till Luke figures out how to turn MOZGOD into Bogut 2.0.

qcf x2

It also helps to not have Byron Scott coaching the team. He was as bad as it gets.

random25

I don't know what to believe anymore...

He's getting tired of the disrespect. He's finally showing why his nickname deserves the Hollywood treatment.

Luke really should have won the Coach of the Year last season.

Top Bottom