• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Jarate

Banned
The Lakers are winning because of their bench. If the bench stops playing an all time GOAT level, then they will start dropping down the table. Right now, the benches combination is currently leading the lead as the top 5 starters combination. The bench is playing at a higher rate than every team's starting 5 or winning 5 combination. Even when that happens and they start falling, this is incredibly encouraging. They had a pathetic 17 win record last year, you have to imagine 30-35W is a real possibility now.

I can't tell if Bron is leCoasting or not. Doesn't look like he's trying as much as he did in the play offs, while at the same time averaging 37mpg. Looks like he really does want the MVP this year.

I think I read that teams are shooting .329 from 3 with 6+ feet if open space in front of them. Basically it's a mixture of good coaching and being statistically lucky.

The Lakers can sneak into the playoffs this year, but they have to be patient. There's a whole slew of teams who had a good year and completely fucked up their rebuild for years trying to seek a chip. Suns are the most recent example.

I still don't think their team has a superstar yet, and their defense will fall off a cliff later in the year.

Fjordson

Any Dubs fans watching Draymond putting on a defensive show right now? Dude just had three deflections + a steal in the post on one play. Unreal how good he's been lately.

Any Dubs fans watching Draymond putting on a defensive show right now? Dude just had three deflections + a steal in the post on one play. Unreal how good he's been lately.

Yeah and McCaw's getting into the passing lanes.

I was hoping to see javale get some more action but you could see him start to play a bit out of control...coaching staff was right to sit him before he made another mistake

Miracle

They are literally going to the FT line on every possession.

Tony Brothers needs to go. This is some Tim Donaghy shit.

Edit: and another late whistle and for Wiggins again. I'm done with this joke of a game.

tookhster

The depressing life of a Thunder fan. Shit on and blown out by KD and the Dubs one game and get game winner'd by Ibaka another game. I can't decide which is worse.

good game cavsgaf

sloppy ass game though. felt like both teams were napping, which is probably what their bodies were expecting them to be doing.

Yeah, gg. I've always liked the Hornets. Pissed me off when they left and took the team name with them.

Anyways, you guys look pretty darn good this year, building on what you did last year. Wish you had beat the Heat.

Piecake

Kobe wished he got the calls Wiggins was getting tonight.

I haven't complained about any officiated games this year until tonight. This was a disgrace.

Lakers were shooting jumpers and Wiggins was driving to the rim on every possession.

Instead of blaming the refs, blame your players for not recognizing that the refs were giving the aggressor the calls.

Seems a new play that players jumping on Curry when he shoots a 3. I've seen it called once now out 20 times this season. Wonder what the higher ups will think if he gets a long term injury because of this ish.

Also Raptors vs Warriors in two days should be lit. MJrozan to hit another 30 no doubt.

I'm starting to really get annoyed with Steph's casual ass careless turnovers ..for as amazing of a player he is, those turnovers often times are huge run deflaters..

Damn, what an awful game. I can't believe people are blaming the refs, Lakers just didn't show up tonight.

Timberwolves at least are winning more games, definitely one of my favorite teams in the NBA. I can't tell if I like Wiggins or Towns more, though.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Assuming no injuries, GS is going to be unstoppable come May/June. Draymond is playing out of his mind right now. Perfect compliment for those 3 scorers.

Fjordson

I'm starting to really get annoyed with Steph's casual ass careless turnovers ..for as amazing of a player he is, those turnovers often times are huge run deflaters..
Agreed. Those behind the back passes are crazy lol. He had one tonight that wasn't even close.

It's lit when he gets one on the money, but feel like for every one on target there are 3-4 that go to the other team.

He's looking really good otherwise, just wish he'd be less casual with the ball.

TTG

These trends have carried over from last year and, well for one, it's inaccurate to call them trends at this point. The Zaza/Curry pick and roll defense is a disaster. What's doubly frustrating is that fair criticism is just the most cliche sports hackery. Take some pride Steph! auurgghh

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Get your bodies Reggie as here is your Monday morning standings brought to you by Vanilla!

screenshot_2016-11-142lrxi.png

screenshot_2016-11-14trrm9.png

The Warriors are going to try and make a trade for Nikola Jokic. Hes playing out of position, his numbers are a lot worse this season so his trade value has dropped, and most importantly the Nuggets don't need him because the Nurkic starting.

Top Bottom