• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Ninjimbo

Wow. Miami really stinks, don't they?
Yep. They just lost their starting PG to an ankle injury and their best player is an offensively limited center. Their roster is filled with talented but flawed players. A lot of them can't shoot, and they're small so defenses are fine with leaving them open and crashing the boards.

The Heat play hard and they will challenge you for three quarters but their flaws will catch up to them at the end of the game. Always. It's an undeveloped core with journey-men role players to surround them. That's a bad recipe.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As bad as Miami is technically speaking Washington is either worse with two guys that are supposed to be legit. Ouch...

In regards to Miami though I wonder beyond just Wade how long Riley gets to go unscathed for the roster as a whole. I mean it isn't as if anyone sees them magically getting better next year either.

jbug617

Banned
The rumor Scalabrine said on the radio this morning is:

Celtics trade:
Bradley
Crowder
2017 BKN Pick

Warriors trade:
Thompson

I think it's probably bs

Fjordson

I keep seeing Scalabrine as the origin of this thing. After his big "Westbrook to Boston is a done deal!" proclamations I'm a little wary.

Celtics trade:
Bradley
Crowder
2017 BKN Pick

Warriors trade:
Thompson

I think it's probably bs
If the Nets were completely hopeless then it could maybe be somewhat interesting, but even then neither of those guys strengthen the Dubs. Just two perimeter players who are worse than Klay.

Klay is the easiest to let go if they had to let one of their big 4 leave
Crowder X Bradley have cheap af contracts until 2018 I think too

Poor Klay though , going to the shitty Celtics 😈

Fjordson

Klay is the easiest to let go if they had to let one of their big 4 leave
Crowder X Bradley have cheap af contracts until 2018 I think too

Poor Klay though , going to the shitty Celtics 😈
Klay's contract is cheap also, though. Dealing an all-NBA guard making way less than the max for the next three years for those two would be nonsensical.

Jarate

Banned
The trade if I remember correctly was

Boston gets
Khlay Thompson

Warriors get
Nerlens Noel
Either Avery Bradley or Jae Crowder

Sixers get
Brooklyn 2018 pick
Either Avery Braet or Jae Crowder

I'd imagine in this deal, the Sixers would probably send a guy like Covington as a part of this deal and maybe some other backups

It apparently hasn't been talked about at all by the warriors, so it seems pretty fake

Warriors ain't trading Klay for that shit sandwich. There are other ways they can address their rim protection problems without having to give up their 26 year old all star SG who is on a trajectory to be one of the best shooters ever and is signed for the next 3 years at a below market rate.

Line_HTX

Celtics trade:
Bradley
Crowder
2017 BKN Pick

Warriors trade:
Thompson

I think it's probably bs
Bradley leads the team in rebounds. Celtics can't trade away their bigs like that.
The trade if I remember correctly was

Boston gets
Khlay Thompson

Warriors get
Nerlens Noel
Either Avery Bradley or Jae Crowder

Sixers get
Brooklyn 2018 pick
Either Avery Braet or Jae Crowder

I'd imagine in this deal, the Sixers would probably send a guy like Covington as a part of this deal and maybe some other backups

It apparently hasn't been talked about at all by the warriors, so it seems pretty fake

Brian Scalabrine ‏@Scalabrine 1h1 hour ago

Btw it's not my rumor or my sources. It's just something I read over the week that I thought was interesting.

5RvTPcr.png

Jarate

Banned
The issue the warriors have to ask is if they'd rather have Klay or Durant long term on their team.

Nerlens Noel was also designed to be on that roster since he never needs to score. Getting him and some bench players helps them get closer to a chip this year.

I don't think they'd do it, but they have glaring flaws that need to be assessed, and teams have done far stupider trades before. Avery Bradley is also a guy who would work exceptionally well in that system.

They can address those flaws in other ways. Avery Bradley and Nerlens Noel are nice players, but they are not worth Klay Thompson, and the Warriors have zero reason to panic and sell low on him. Yes they have flaws, but they also have Curry, Klay, KD and Draymond on the same damn team.

Keep in mind this is the same team that didn't move Klay for Love when, at the time, it seemed like the right move, so obvioulsy they value Klay and what his shooting means to their team highly.

Also Philly is not getting the BKN pick for Nerlens Noel dude.

If i was the Dubs I will let this Kd, Steph, Green and Klay work out on its own. If In some fucked up chances they didn't chip with that core in 2 years then
francis.png
. I guess Roll javale and zaza into one hoping it will make a big man worth a damn.

If the Nets were completely hopeless then it could maybe be somewhat interesting, but even then neither of those guys strengthen the Dubs. Just two perimeter players who are worse than Klay.

The Warriors don't need more offense. They're giving up like 115ppg. They need DEFENSIVE minded players. Bradley and Crowder both play excellent defense at their positions.

Both players would give GSW more of what they need while allowing the offense to go through 3 primary hands (Curry, Durant, Green) instead of 4.

The Warriors don't need more offense. They're giving up like 115ppg. They need DEFENSIVE minded players. Bradley and Crowder both play excellent defense at their positions.

Both players would give GSW more of what they need while allowing the offense to go through 3 primary hands (Curry, Durant, Green) instead of 4.

Klay is a good defender in his own right, and Bradley and Crowder won't defend the rim. The Warriors don't need to change their entire identity. They won the title 2 years ago, won 73 games last year, and added one of the 2 best players in basketball this offseason. Remember their fabled "lineup of death" is what they close games out with, so really all they need is to replace Zaza with someone who isn't a corpse and can give them the solid 20-25 minutes a game they got from Bogut and Ezili in years past. That's not the kind of acquisition that requires them to sell low on Klay Thompson.

Tom Penny

Klay is a good defender in his own right, and Bradley and Crowder won't defend the rim. The Warriors don't need to change their entire identity. They won the title 2 years ago, won 73 games last year, and added one of the 2 best players in basketball this offseason. Remember their fabled "lineup of death" is what they close games out with, so really all they need is to replace Zaza with someone who isn't a corpse and can give them the solid 20-25 minutes a game they got from Bogut and Ezili in years past. That's not the kind of acquisition that requires them to sell low on Klay Thompson.

ZaZa sucks and Javale is Shaqtin a Fool too much to ever get real minutes despite have more than enough physical talent.

Fjordson

Even looking at it from a defensive angle it makes no sense, Klay is a really good on that end. And with the Warriors' switching his size makes him much more valuable to the team than someone like Bradley.

If we were getting a talented big who could protect the paint then yeah, maybe you look at it, but two perimeter guys who don't give them anything that Klay doesn't?

Fjordson

yeah seriously. doesn't klay typically guard the other team's primary perimeter scorer?
Sometimes, yeah. He's especially good on point guards. And when the Warriors switch everything, Klay at 6'7" can guard 1-3 (and at least battle with some 4 's). Avery Bradley is listed at 6'2". Him next to Curry would be a woefully undersized backcourt compared to what the Dubs have now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps got a hell of a back to back coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday.

They go to Cleveland and then come home to play Golden State. :eek:

Agreed. Those behind the back passes are crazy lol. He had one tonight that wasn't even close.

It's lit when he gets one on the money, but feel like for every one on target there are 3-4 that go to the other team.

He's looking really good otherwise, just wish he'd be less casual with the ball.

These trends have carried over from last year and, well for one, it's inaccurate to call them trends at this point. The Zaza/Curry pick and roll defense is a disaster. What's doubly frustrating is that fair criticism is just the most cliche sports hackery. Take some pride Steph! auurgghh

What annoys me is that it's the most basic of basic fixes yet this has been an issue of his even before he broke though. I still remember posting here about how turnover prone he was as a point guard the year they upset the Nuggets.

Steph please...lazy one handed passes and behind the back passes to nobody...Make it old...

I dunno how trading Klay for two other wings makes any sense. The early season issue is interior defense, not perimeter D. I feel kinda bad for Zaza. He isn't exactly ever completely out of position defensively. He seems to always be at the right spot to defend the interior. It's just that everyone knows he can't block a shot for the life of him nor hold his position in the post so he's just picked on mercilessly.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Horford and Crowder back within the next week. Celts need to sure up their lineups. KO has had a big impact surprisingly. Still not much of a believer in rozier, but well see I guess. I expect their defense to continue to make huge strides, but their rebounding situation is likely stuck where it's at. Most of this is moot given they weren't going to realistically compete for a title this year anyway, but nice to see the progress.

Top Bottom