• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

You Celtics fans are funny, remind me of Toronto fans from a year ago when they beat an injured Miami team.

Anyway, next game should be fun.

Sanjuro

You Celtics fans are funny, remind me of Toronto fans from a year ago when they beat an injured Miami team.

Who are you?

Who are you a fan of?

When you tell us, we can appropriately make fun of you. Sound like a Knicks fan so far.

Thanks!

Why is RoLo not playing? At least the Bulls answered their most important question, who the fuck would be point guard when Rondo went out with his injury.

Rondo will be back by game 6, imo.

Hoiberg finding Canaan was great. You can't play someone who wasn't even getting minutes before this suddenly 24/7. He should've been matching Canaan's minutes with IT though, benched him with IT.

Denzel needs to get minutes over MCW and Grant though. At least neither starts from now on.

And now he doesn't play Lopez for the entire 4th quarter and Boston has had 4 possessions extended with offensive rebounds. Hoiberg is an idiot and probably the worst coach in the league. His deficiencies have been hidden by a Jimmy Butler being 4th or 5th in the league in WIN SHARES the last couple years and by Rondo predicting Boston's plays in games 1 and 2.

Series looked over after IT's sister unfortunately died. Regardless of who they're playing, it's tough when something that bad happens to your best player. Even as Rondo went down I was still unsure they had the strength to win this, but they're showing some great resilience and yeah it's great.

Bread

Banned
Why is RoLo not playing? At least the Bulls answered their most important question, who the fuck would be point guard when Rondo went out with his injury.

Rondo will be back by game 6, imo.
Stevens' adjustments to only put 1 big on the floor fucked with Hoiberg's lineups. They need Mirotic or Portis to spread the floor but they can't play one of them with Lopez because it makes their defense terrible. Basically, once Amir stopped playing and we saw the Celtics go small, the rebounding issues went away.

spyder_ur

I don't think anyone should be that surprised. IMO the first two games were about the Celtics not being themselves - not executing and not making shots.

They are a much better team than the Bulls, they're more well coached, and that hasn't changed.

Could the Bulls still win the series? Of course - it's best out of 3 and the Celtics can be inconsistent.

Also, Jimmy Butler has more FT attempts as the entire Celtics team. Celtics fought through some adversity and through the refs tonight. I'm impressed by their response.

And now he doesn't play Lopez for the entire 4th quarter and Boston has had 4 possessions extended with offensive rebounds. Hoiberg is an idiot and probably the worst coach in the league. His deficiencies have been hidden by a Jimmy Butler being 4th or 5th in the league in WIN SHARES the last couple years and by Rondo predicting Boston's plays in games 1 and 2.
Hey Doc Rivers is still a coach.

Bread

Banned
Brad Stevens shutting up the haters by putting in one hell of a coaching performance. Amir didn't play one minute. Gerald Green and Jerebko have made a ton of plays. Great turnaround.

Celtic's winning two straight without unleashing secret weapon Jaylen Brown.

Johnson went from starter to DNP pretty fast

This game was won because of Jaylen's single minute played.

Brad Stevens shutting up the haters by putting in one hell of a coaching performance. Amir didn't play one minute. Gerald Green and Jerebko have made a ton of plays. Great turnaround.

Gerald Green, Jonas Jerebko and Terry Rozier contributed to a playoff win, give Brad COY.

Gigglepoo

Anyone who hates Stevens won't care that he started beating an 8 seed after a key player got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom