• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

Memphis is fighting still? I had better turn this game on. When I saw Fitzy make that speech a part of me was like yea this is regular gutsy coach and his team doing the move you do before you get bounced out, pick up a tech and make a speech. Then the OT game, now this. Go Grizz?

phanphare

Banned
He is a role player. Elite 3/D guy who isn't a bad isolation scorer as well.

that's not a role player tho

you're basically like yeah he can shoot the 3, yeah he can play amazing defense, yeah he can take people off the dribble, get mid range looks over the top of defenders, and get to the rim and free throw line but he's just a role player

how does that make sense?

Tommy DJ

Kawhi isn't a 3 and D player what the hell. Do you even watch Spurs games.

What the hell did Kawhi do to you? Because there's no other reason why you're ass pulling reasons to put him down.

Hitta93

Banned
1. The offense runs through Kawhi, most definitely

2. Name me a role player that can completely take over a game and be the team's leading/best scorer and best defender by a country fucking mile who is one of the best Two way players in the fucking league
He's the isolation scorer, he doesn't run the offense averaging less than 4 assists a game.

Wait, he just called Curry a role player, given that Curry has a similar role to Kawhi but his defense isn't even close to being as good
On offense, Curry's role isn't much different from Kawhi's. But he's a more dynamic player and therefore better than Kawhi as well.

I didn't call Curry a role player either.

LionPride

Banned

you're basically like yeah he can shoot the 3, yeah he can play amazing defense, yeah he can take people off the dribble, get mid range looks over the top of defenders, and get to the rim and free throw line but he's just a role player

He is just saying the dumbest bullshit, this spin is fucking dumb as hell

Ah you right, I guess the two time MVP(should be one but whatevs) is just a role player as well

Maybe Hitta doesn't know what the hell a Role Player is

Curry and Kawhi are role players, because they both plays roles on their team, regardless of how large those roles are. Harden is a role player. Westbrook is a role player. Lebron is a role player.

Everyone is a role player. The fans by cheering for their team play the role for their team, so they're role players too.

LionPride

Banned
Curry and Kawhi are role players, because they both plays roles on their team, regardless of how large those roles are. Harden is a role player. Westbrook is a role player. Lebron is a role player.

Everyone is a role player. The fans by cheering for their team play the role for their team, so they're role players too.

Yep

Must be the explanation

TTG

The Flopfather with the 4 point flop.

Can you shut up about Kawhi's rankings already? You're making this thread intolerable.

Hitta93

Banned

I've said it before, but he's a improved version of Rip Hamilton. If you want tell me that Richard Hamilton had true superstar quality, then I have nothing to discuss with you.

Kawhi isn't a 3 and D player what the hell. Do you even watch Spurs games.

What the hell did Kawhi do to you? Because there's no other reason why you're ass pulling reasons to put him down.
I just don't like the Spurs and their overrated culture of winning. I hope Memphis wins this series or Houston beats them if we match up.

I honestly don't think anyone would give two shits who Kawhi was if we played for any other team, LA, Celtics, Knicks included.

That, or according to Hitta, you have to be a point guard or point forward or point center in order to be a superstar. Hakeem and Duncan and Dirk and Barkley and Garnett and Bird and Dr. J and KD weren't superstars

Haha what? Offensively the Spurs run their offense through Kawhi... Defensively he can lock down any 1-3 ...
Probably explains why their offense has nosedived from the amazing team play into boring ass isos. Kawhi is a mediocre passer. He's got some MJ in him in iso situations now, but there's nothing smooth offensively in team based when Kawhi is running it. Unless he's doing it all himself.

Hitta93

Banned
That, or according to Hitta, you have to be a point guard or point forward or point center in order to be a superstar. Hakeem and Duncan and Dirk and Barkley and Garnett and Bird and Dr. J and KD weren't superstars

Never said that either lol. I do like my fair share of playmaking guards and wings though.

TTG

When did Kawhi acquire all this call seeking behavior? Dude's head is bobbing up and down like a dolphin on drives and he just did the rip through(and got the call).

Stoic demeanor only goes so far when you're out there looking like a fresh graduate of the Harden ass clown class.

LionPride

Banned
I've said it before, but he's a improved version of Rip Hamilton. If you want tell me that Richard Hamilton had true superstar quality, then I have nothing to discuss with you.

I just don't like the Spurs and their overrated culture of winning. I hope Memphis wins this series or Houston beats them if we match up.

I honestly don't think anyone would give two shits who Kawhi was if we played for any other team, LA, Celtics, Knicks included.
1. What the fuck?!

2. What does this even mean? They've won 50+ games for damn near 20 years

3. If current Kawhi played for another team, that team is a playoff team

When did Kawhi acquire all this call seeking behavior? Dude's head is bobbing up and down like a dolphin on drives and he just did the rip through(and got the call).

Stoic demeanor only goes so far when you're out there looking like a fresh graduate of the Harden ass clown class.

Kawhi, Jimmy, and DeRozan became great at drawing fouls this year.

TTG

This Gasol on Gasol action is so hot.

Kawhi, Jimmy, and DeRozan became great at drawing fouls this year.

Yea I don't want to hear another word from Pop about how Kawhi plays the right way. He finished off that quarter with one of those lean into the defender call seeking 3s that was a brick. Vince went all Neo from The Matrix and he still almost caught both elbows to the jaw.

Hitta93

Banned
1. What the fuck?!

2. What does this even mean? They've won 50+ games for damn near 20 years

3. If current Kawhi played for another team, that team is a playoff team

1: The comparison really isn't that far off when compared that 03/04 Pistons team.

2: That's cool, but still overrated.

3: He doesn't make that much of a impact, no matter how good of a two way player he is. If Harden/Kawhi swapped, Houston would definitely get worse and the Spurs wouldn't miss a beat.

LionPride

Banned
Y'all just gonna keep feeding the troll eh?
Even a troll woulda given up at this point, this opinion is too stupid to be fake
1: The comparison really isn't that far off when compared that 03/04 Pistons team.

2: That's cool, but still overrated.

3: He doesn't make that much of a impact, no matter how good of a two way player he is. If Harden/Kawhi swapped, Houston would definitely get worse and the Spurs wouldn't miss a beat.

1. Yes it is, Rip Hamilton wasn't that teams best scorer, at all. Wasn't the focal point of the offense.

2. You do realize that since 1998, the Spurs have won 5 championships, and appeared in 6 Finals, right? That they are pretty good at this whole basketball thing

3. No, Spurs would miss the fact a grown ass man can just fucking rip the basketball outta a player's hands and just slam that shit home. The Rockets would stay the same

I really have no reason to troll, this is my opinion.

You just said, of Kawhi Leonard, "He doesn't make that much of an impact". That's not an opinion. That is blatantly false. By any metric imaginable he is one of the more impactful players in the league. Your opinion is misinformed and sucks.

LionPride

Banned
You just said, of Kawhi Leonard, "He doesn't make that much of an impact". That's not an opinion. That is blatantly false. By any metric imaginable he is one of the more impactful players in the league. Your opinion is misinformed and sucks.

Hitta will be one of the posters I bring up when people try to say that opinions can't be wrong

Hitta93

Banned
Defensively, I'm sure he is, but he's replaceable. Klay would thrive in his role. Paul George would thrive his role. Butler would thrive in that role. Many other two way players would thrive in that role.

phanphare

Banned

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Defensively, I'm sure he is, but he's replaceable. Klay would thrive in his role. Paul George would thrive his role. Butler would thrive in that role. Many other two way players would thrive in that role.

lol your level of basketball knowledge is simply laughable. That's all that really needs to be said. It's not even worth the discussion.

LionPride

Banned
You named players who are not as good as Kawhi

On either side of the ball except for Klay who is a better shooter

Hitta93

Banned
lol your level of basketball knowledge is simply laughable. That's all that really needs to be said. It's not even worth the discussion.
If you say so...

You named players who are not as good as Kawhi

On either side of the ball except for Klay who is a better shooter

Again, if Kawhi played for any other team, no one would care about him. He seized the moment in 2014 and won a rather underwhelming Finals MVP and title. I don't think he's sucks, but it's crazy how overrated he is.

I honestly don't think any of those other players are that far off, if at all from Kawhi.

LionPride

Banned
If you say so...

Again, if Kawhi played for any other team, no one would care about him. He seized the moment in 2014 and won a rather underwhelming Finals MVP and title. I don't think he's sucks, but it's crazy how overrated he is.

I honestly don't think any of those other players are that far off, if at all from Kawhi.

Klay is not as good of a defender, but a better shooter

Butler can't fucking shoot and is a slightly less defender

PG13 is a similar level scorer, slightly worse defender

He didn't seize the moment, he played well, and he's gotten better sense. Rip Hamilton ain't do that shit

Kawhi the quiet kid who opens up later in the school year. Head nodding while gets back on defense, He gonna be full out talking shit by the conference finals.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Despite the fact the Raptors took 5 years off my life and I got hoarse yelling at them through the TV is still never really thought they'd lose. The game ended pretty much as I expected after the Bucks took the lead.

Thank God.

Hitta93

Banned
Klay is not as good of a defender, but a better shooter

Butler can't fucking shoot and is a slightly less defender

PG13 is a similar level scorer, slightly worse defender

He didn't seize the moment, he played well, and he's gotten better sense. Rip Hamilton ain't do that shit

If you believe Kawhi is top 4, that's your opinion which I'm not going to agree with.

I'm not in the mood anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom