• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
If you believe Kawhi is top 4, that's your opinion which I'm not going to agree with.

I'm not in the mood anymore.
I ain't even talking bout his ranking anymore

You brought up three similar players who are not as good as he is, and those three players are all great NBA talents, top 15 players

Hitta93

Banned
I ain't even talking bout his ranking anymore

You brought up three similar players who are not as good as he is, and those three players are all great NBA talents, top 15 players

They're comparable and would be as highly regarded if they wore a Spurs jersey.

h1nch

I gotta say, Mike Conley has shown me something. Like Ive always respected his game and loved how he's improved himself year over year, but he's been so F'ing good this series. He's been every bit as good as Kawhi and I've never been this terrified of seeing him w/ the ball in crunch time.

Tommy DJ

I honestly didn't know Tony Parker had it in him. I have no fucking idea if he's taken some PEDs recently or he's legitimately resting the entire regular season by doing fuck all on the court.

LionPride

Banned
They're comparable and would be as highly regarded if they wore a Spurs jersey.

No, because if you take current Kawhi, not the one that came in, he is a better player. My eyes and the eyes of 99.9% of people say this. Stats say it. It has nothing to do with him being a Spur. It has something to do with him being a fucking phenomenal player. Put him on any fringe playoff team, or lower seeded team, they get significantly better.

LionPride

Banned
Mike played the hell outta this series, showed the world why he got payed, showed the world just how fucking good he is

Marc played like ass this game, bigs didn't rebound well

Hopefully Wolves don't disappoint me next season(he says knowing they will)

mjp2417

Banned
Nice showing by Memphis. Conley and Gasol are still really good, but it's hard to see them as anything other than a tough first round out for the rest of their careers there.

Hitta93

Banned
No, because if you take current Kawhi, not the one that came in, he is a better player. My eyes and the eyes of 99.9% of people say this. Stats say it. It has nothing to do with him being a Spur. It has something to do with him being a fucking phenomenal player. Put him on any fringe playoff team, or lower seeded team, they get significantly better.
He made the successful switch from PF to SF. Outside of that, he's not what the media wants me to believe he is.
People care about PG13, Buttler and Klay. I disagree with this assessment. All these guys are all stars and top 15 players in the game.
Are those players as highly overrated like Kawhi is?

TTG

Woo, Conley just stood there and stared at it, didn't even attempt to pick Parker up. Was he on him for most of Tony's 8-11 night?

lol at kawhi not being top 5, let alone top 10

Did dude even make a top ten list yet that excludes him?

Hypothetically:

LBJ
Curry
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
CP3
Anthony Davis
Klay

I mean, my brain is like, C'mon, SON putting Klay there even in a HYPOTHETICAL, and we still need two more players.

LionPride

Banned
He made the successful switch from PF to SF. Outside of that, he's not what the media wants me to believe he is.

Are those players as highly overrated like Kawhi is?

How is Kawhi overrated? How is the league's best perimeter defender, one of the league's best all around scorers overrated? How Sway how

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
God, Hou or SA Is gonna get worked by GS. Hou can't hold them under 120 and SA won't score over 105.

Great game by the Spurs to eliminate Memphis. Memphis always gives us a hard effort when we play them, now its the Rockets. That should be a fun series. I like the Spurs over Houston.

LionPride

Banned
All I can do is advise you to watch more basketball™. We're not going to agree.

You are literally the only person with this opinion, it's not a matter of agreeing, facts literally tell you that you are fucking wrong. The amount of wrong that you spew is just stupid. It is not an opinion to call Kawhi a role player, not that good, etc. Those are blatant lies and falsehoods.

I personally think that he's just taking the KD route and saying the Spurs system is just making Kahwi better than he really is. That's what I'm basically taking it as. If not then idk what to say then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom