• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripenen

Seems like the Spurs/Rockets will be decided by the Spurs defense.

If anyone can give Harden trouble without getting into foul trouble it's Kawhi. But then who defends the rest of the Rockets shooters?

Hitta93

Banned
giphy.gif

Edit:

What else is he supposed to say? I don't see D'Antoni doing this though:
8879708-gregg-popovich-james-harden-nba-preseason-houston-rockets-san-antonio-spurs-850x560.jpg

http://clutchpoints.com/gregg-popovich-only-watches-film-rockets-james-harden/

Nah, 10 years back, he was more than just good enough

Wait what?!
I wish we could have seen prime Parker on another team. He was the product of the Spurs and wouldn't have been special on any other team.

I would guess his career path in best case scenario would be Kemba Walker. Someone who can be the best player on his team and might have a season were he's in consideration for an all-star nod.

Hitta93

Banned
Duncan>>>Manu>Kawhi>Parker.

Manu had superstar potential but settled for the 6th man role. What made Parker great was his speed, otherwise, he's a run of the mill PG.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hoping the Spurs body the Rockets. They're the perfect team to do it.

I hate watching the Rockets play basketball.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Seems like the Spurs/Rockets will be decided by the Spurs defense.

If anyone can give Harden trouble without getting into foul trouble it's Kawhi. But then who defends the rest of the Rockets shooters?

Danny Green will be the main defender on Harden.

Jacce

Banned
Round 2 predictions:
Rockets over Spurs in 6
Warriors over Jazz in 5

Cleveland over Toronto in 6
Wizards over Celtics in 7

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This thread is fucking hilarious. George hill>tony parker in his prime. Kawhi isnt very good. LMA is the real superstar on the spurs

This thread is fucking hilarious. George hill>tony parker in his prime. Kawhi isnt very good. LMA is the real superstar on the spurs

Never said that, I used George Hill as an example because we can see the difference of what happens when you take a promising young PG away from the Spurs system. We'll never know how worse off Parker would have been on another team but he wouldn't have been a multiple all-star or ever been in the running for MVP

Never said that, I used George Hill as an example because we can see the difference of what happens when you take a promising young PG away from the Spurs system. We'll never know how worse off Parker would have been on another team but he wouldn't have been a multiple all-star or ever been in the running for MVP

It's a shame we never saw prime Kobe on another team. We can't be sure he would have been a special player.

It's a shame we never saw prime Kobe on another team. We can't be sure he would have been a special player.

I know you're just making some dumb smart ass comment like it's a one for one comparison but we saw Kobe on a number of different teams under one jersey. We had 20 years to see Kobe adapt to a variety of coaches and all-star teammates.

I know you're just making some dumb smart ass comment like it's a one for one comparison but we saw Kobe on a number of different teams under one jersey. We had 20 years to see Kobe adapt to a variety of coaches and all-star teammates.

yea Tony Parker has been playing with the same 14 teammates for his 17 or so years right?

Seriously, when is the "it's the system" argument ever used for any star not on the Spurs? Lol

All that matters is every HOU/SA gm this season ended in two possession or less. 12 points between 4 gms. Should be an entertaining match every night.

yea Tony Parker has been playing with the same 14 teammates for his 17 or so years right?

Seriously, when is the "it's the system" argument ever used for any star not on the Spurs? Lol
You seriously don't see the difference?

Playing with the same coach and three core players for a decade and a half is an anomaly, in any sport.

You seriously don't see the difference?

Playing with the same coach and three core players for a decade and a half is an anomaly, in any sport.

There is only a difference in that you are trying to now incorporate exceptions to what is a lazy argument.

Kobe is just one example. Use any star in place of Kobe. I've never seen the "it's the system" argument use for any star not on the Spurs, ever, at least with any commonality. It's such a lazy critique that you can apply to any star. The system worked for Parker because it was tooled for Parker's talents. Same with Kawhi, same with Lebron, same with Westbrook, same with Kobe, and same with any successful star player.

I'm a die hard Jazz fan and never been to a playoff game before. I've been to a ton of regular season games just never playoffs for some reason. Anyway, I have been telling my wife how awesome it would be to go to a game and especially game 6 now that the Jazz can close it out. She just surprised me with tickets to tonight's game and I'm pretty sure they are lower bowl seats. Damn my wife is amazing!!! Go Jazz!!!

I'm a die hard Jazz fan and never been to a playoff game before. I've been to a ton of regular season games just never playoffs for some reason. Anyway, I have been telling my wife how awesome it would be to go to a game and especially game 6 now that the Jazz can close it out. She just surprised me with tickets to tonight's game and I'm pretty sure they are lower bowl seats. Damn my wife is amazing!!! Go Jazz!!!
She does sound amazing, but you already knew that and are just humble bragging now 👏.

I would too though 😂

I've never seen the "it's the system" argument use for any star not on the Spurs, ever, at least with any commonality.
Because it can't apply to any other situation. What other franchise has been as stable as the Spurs? No one has replicated that success for a reason.

The system worked for Parker because it was tooled for Parker's talents.

That's exactly what I'm saying but you're somehow disagreeing with it. You take Parker off a team that optimizes his specific talents he's not the same player.

That's exactly what I'm saying but you're somehow disagreeing with it. You take Parker off a team that optimizes his specific talents he's not the same player.

My point is you can say that about virtually any player lol. Why you only trying to knock Parker over it?

I mean, you maybe have 1, possibly 3 star players in the league right now that can work under any system (and even those players have ideal situations to maximize their skills), but the lazy ass "it's the system" critique is only ever used on star Spurs players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom