• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Utah is a little too reliant on Ingles making plays, GSW playing ball denial on him

I honestly don't know what they even try to do to keep this close. The easy answer is slow down the game and try to grind it out, but slowing down the game is easier said than done, and almost counterproductive when you're not scoring.

I honestly don't know what they even try to do to keep this close. The easy answer is slow down the game and try to grind it out, but slowing down the game is easier said than done, and almost counterproductive when you're not scoring.

Move the ball around really cautiously for really good shots, and pray Gobert makes up for their mistakes

TTG

Pick and roll on Zaza works even when it doesn't work because Draymond is coming over to help. They shouldn't have gone away from it.

LionPride

Banned
They have a ton of cap flexibility, and if some of these younger guys develop into regular rotations pieces, that helps a ton. I'm still undecided about going hard after Hayward (depending on how the lottery shakes out), but the cap is not really a problem. Their bench will be fine moving forward. Yabu and Zizic are basically like having an additional 2 lottery picks, based on what scouts say. Regardless, it's a problem for another day.
Another day is coming pretty quick and I don't think Boston wants to fall into the zone of good enough to get to the second round and nothing else in a couple of years

Another day is coming pretty quick and I don't think Boston wants to fall into the zone of good enough to get to the second round and nothing else in a couple of years

They have two highly regarded stashed players, they have a top 4 pick in the draft, they have next year's Nets pick, they're two wins away from the conference finals and the roster is still very young. There's no need to make drastic moves just for the sake of it.

LionPride

Banned
They have two highly regarded stashed players, they have a top 4 pick in the draft, they have next year's Nets pick, they're two wins away from the conference finals and the roster is still very young. There's no need to make drastic moves just for the sake of it.
This roster doesn't beat LeBron
The roster next year, doesn't beat LeBron
The team the year after next, doesn't beat LeBron

It's not a move for the sake of a move, it's using cap space in a smart way

There's no move that will make any team favorites over LeBron or the Warriors in the near future. You gotta just make smart moves and hope you get lucky against one of those teams or that they fall off a cliff talent wise. Trading IT for a lottery pick before you know what this upcoming draft pick will turn into is not a smart move.

Tom Penny

Word. Start over. NBA isn't a business or anything. AL Horford selling out arenas if you whiff in free agency.

LionPride

Banned
There's no move that will make any team favorites over LeBron or the Warriors in the near future. You gotta just make smart moves and hope you get lucky against one of those teams or that they fall off a cliff talent wise. Trading IT for a lottery pick before you know what this upcoming draft pick will turn into is not a smart move.
Paying him $400/500 million for 5 years when he'll be 30 as a FA isn't smart either

So if you are not the Warriors or the Cavs you should give up and blow it up.

Got it.

spyder_ur

Paying him $400/500 million for 5 years when he'll be 30 as a FA isn't smart either

$400M? I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest.

The Celtics don't have LeBron, Durant, or Curry on their roster. That's too bad, but there's nothing they can do about that. They're managing pretty well without.

It's better than giving him up for a middling lottery pick. You could do a lot worse than maxing out IT. Unless Fultz comes in and instantly amazes everyone I'd be fine with giving IT that deal and then dealing with the repercussions later. You're probably gonna eat some shit at the end of the deal but who knows maybe they'll be able to amnesty him at that point.

spyder_ur

It's kind of a bummer, I think the Jazz are playing really well, that the Warriors aren't, and they're still down 11.

Much props to the Jazz though, that's a good group of players.

LionPride

Banned
So if you are not the Warriors or the Cavs you should give up and blow it up.

Got it.
Sure. That's what I said. Not trade one fucking player and get younger while maintaing depth. Nope. Not at all.
I agree IT isn't worth 100 million dollars a year. I don't think he'll get it either.
He will get a max deal.
$400M? I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest.

The Celtics don't have LeBron, Durant, or Curry on their roster. That's too bad, but there's nothing they can do about that. They're managing pretty well without.
If I'm a GM, I don't wanna clock out at the ECF/WCF. I'm tryna fucking win. Pretty well ain't gonna cut it in a year or two
Am I missing something about $100m/yr or?
I'm positive he'll get the max, I'm sligtly exaggerating, but he'll be 30 when he's a FA. 30!

For what it's worth, according to the internet, a max contact for IT would be about 5/$179M.

Sure. That's what I said. Not trade one fucking player and get younger while maintaing depth. Nope. Not at all.

The Celtics are young already and they have a ton more youth on the way. Trading IT for a middling lottery pick doesn't help in any way.

It's kind of a bummer, I think the Jazz are playing really well, that the Warriors aren't, and they're still down 11.

Much props to the Jazz though, that's a good group of players.

That what sucks though, because the Warriors are just playing ok, and only up by 17. But maybe next game they'll have a good game.

Tom Penny

He will get a max deal.

If I'm a GM, I don't wanna clock out at the ECF/WCF. I'm tryna fucking win. Pretty well ain't gonna cut it in a year or two

I'm positive he'll get the max, I'm sligtly exaggerating, but he'll be 30 when he's a FA. 30!

Clearly you catch GS and CAVS by having no top 30 players on a roster but you're youthier with depth...

The jazz outfits screw me up like plugging component cables into the back of the TV in dim lighting

"Is this the Green? No. This is blue. This is definitely the blue one. Fuck! No its green!"

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This Draymond, Klay + bench line up is a bulldozer. Draymond is driving it and he's vicious.

Stand fast, it's gonna be ok.
I just pointed that out to my family. Just run this lineup til the end and sit Steph. I don't think its serious but I'm worried.

Synders lineups tonight were rough.. I expected a Blow out and the jazz closed it a few times but can't turn the corner. GS isn't even shooting that well from 3.

Like I said before the jazz just need to avoid the sweep and I think its a sucess for us this season.

$400/500m is a little more than an exageration lmao.

IT getting a max is prob gonna be shit in the back 2 years of the deal. But if they let him walk the team is in the dumps for a good while and you gotta hope the talent they have replaces him well and also wants to stay. Kt seems like the strategy is basically wait until the Cavs and Warriors break up then try. I get it butn5 uears from now is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom