• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Again, they probably wanted Crowder because the Celtics did NOT offer this year's Brooklyn pick. How do you still not understand that the Brooklyn pick has more value than Crowder? If the Bulls would accept a trade of the18 Brooklyn pick with Crowder and Smart, then they would also accept a trade of the 17 Brooklyn pick, 18 Brooklyn pick and Smart. The 17 Brooklyn pick has more value than Crowder. I'm getting kinda tired of this, I feel like we're going in circles.
who said they'd do this

i hope you are getting tired of this because it's a tired ass argument and the celtics are doing fine, ainge clearly made a good decision to stick with what works.

Boogs31

who said they'd do this

i hope you are getting tired of this because it's a tired ass argument and the celtics are doing fine, ainge clearly made a good decision to stick with what works.

I'm getting tired of your, give me a rumor, I told you a rumor, who said this, who said that routine.

And you didn't say that trade explicitly but we've talked about 3 or 4 things that I was able to piece together. I'll explain my reasoning because it seems hard for you to understand things unless you're given step by step instructions.

We established that the Celtics didn't offer the 17 Brooklyn pick with the link I sent you. So, assuming the Celtics offered a pick, the pick that would have been offered that has value would be the 18 Brooklyn pick. So that's how I came to including the 18 Nets pick.

You've also said in the past that the Bulls wanted players, not picks. You've said that 700 times. You also said they wanted 2 of Bradley, Crowder and Smart so I included Crowder, because you just said they wanted him, and Smart.

There's the trade. It includes their second most valuable pick and the player package you have said all along that the Bulls wanted.

And how can you say Ainge made the right move? The only thing that ensures Ainge made the right move is a championship. And they aren't winning a championship with this current roster. Until they win you can't say he made the right decision.

And I'm assuming a big problem with this discussion is that you are a Celtics fan. Of course you are going to be defensive when I criticize their general manager. You're biased. I'm not. I have nothing against Boston or any other team for that matter. I can be impartial.

Bread

Banned
You've also said in the past that the Bulls wanted players, not picks. You've said that 700 times. You also said they wanted 2 of Bradley, Crowder and Smart so I included Crowder, because you just said they wanted him, and Smart.
Clearly I needed to say it 701 times because that's not true, I said they wanted 3 of Bradley, Crowder, Smart, and Brown. I'm moving on.

Go Cav.

Boogs31

Clearly I needed to say it 701 times because that's not true, I said they wanted 3 of Bradley, Crowder, Smart, and Brown. I'm moving on.

You sent me this link...

http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-bulls-would-only-trade-jimmy-butler-to-celtics-before-deadline/

Do you even read your own references?

The last three sentences of the link that YOU sent me.

And I think it would take at least one Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley and (Jae) Crowder. Something like that. “Boston would really have to put three prized chips on the table to get the Bulls to do it.”

That's one pick and two players or three prized chips.

Where are you getting that they wanted three players now? You're just making shit up.

James hardens shooting doesn't scare me. It's everyone else's shooting.

Zach Lowe said:
A shockingly popular suggestion among coaches and scouts: go under screens on Harden, and dare him to shoot 3s. That way, no one else has to help. Shooters stay covered, and Houston's big men don't roll free to the hoop for lobs.

You can understand the theory: Harden shot just 34.7 percent on 3s, below the league average! He's at an icy 26 percent so far in the playoffs!

Count me as a skeptic. That 34.7 percent figure includes a metric ton of insanely difficult attempts -- contested step-backs, end-of-clock heaves, barftastic attempts to draw bogus fouls. Let Harden set his feet and get a clear view of the rim, and I'm betting he makes enough to neuter this strategy.

It's useful in small doses, especially when Houston is rushing up the court, and the defense has yet to gird itself for the coming assault. The Spurs will try it in those circumstances, and maybe others. Good luck.

Harden in the playoffs so far is getting 6.7% of his 3s assisted (was 31.7%, already really low, during the season).

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19294659

Go to 31:18

Zach Lowe was basically saying that "he takes the hardest 3s of anyone in the league, except maybe Curry"

I don't know if Ainge is asking for too much with these picks or if he honestly rather not mess with chemistry.

At some point you have to pay this revolving door of young talent, you can't keep drafting replacements. You just become a very successful treadmill team but that shouldn't be good enough for Boston.

aLFReQQ.png

cavs cant miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom