• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey hates him.

If TOR doesn't like Jonas anymore, my Cavs will be overjoyed to take him. I'm sure we can come up with a suitable package. I don't watch TOR basketball so I have no idea what the state of his game is right now, but I remember a couple of years ago thinking he was a future all-star center in the East. Certainly top 4 for a long time to come. Tonight reminded me why.

Anyway, series isn't looking so good for TOR. Closeout LeBron is best LeBron. If TOR doesn't win Game 3, the series ends in 4.

He played well tonight. But the first 7 games of the playoffs he looked completely lost. He's been far more assertive and decisive tonight. When he makes quick moves and doesn't hold the ball he can be effective. He still hurts them on the defensive end though.

Well yea it's going to be hard for any true big man to guard Channing fuckin Frye who's flaring out to the 3 point line.

It sort of reminds me of when we had Illgaskus and Verijao in the middle and we ran into that Orlando Magic team that we lost to in the ECF or whatever back in the day. Too many big shooters to try to get back out and cover (Rashard Lewis, Turkoglu) was our undoing. But I don't know if that's a fair situation to critique his value in.

That said I didn't watch the series vs the Bucks to have an opinion, but Greg Monroe is a great C and Ginnias is a load for any front court to deal with...so...eh...idunno. Maybe I'm just making excuses for him because I like him. I just feel like in a better situation he can give a team 15-18 every night, defensive weakness notwithstanding. I don't understand why he can't.

I'm a bit late for the Celtics-Bulls trade talk but every rumor I heard about the potential trade was that the Bulls wanted picks and starting players. Would Ainge passing up a hypothetical trade of Smart, cap filler and two Brooklyn picks be stupid? Yeah, probably, but I haven't seen anyone credible claim that was an option.

mjp2417

Banned
Good news for the Rockets is Harden has 3 on 1-9, Spurs are playing as well as they can possibly play, and they're still only down 10.

Gigglepoo

I'm a bit late for the Celtics-Bulls trade talk but every rumor I heard about the potential trade was that the Bulls wanted picks and starting players. Would Ainge passing up a hypothetical trade of Smart, cap filler and two Brooklyn picks be stupid? Yeah, probably, but I haven't seen anyone credible claim that was an option.

PG13 would have been worth that and more (if he re-signs)

LionPride

Banned
Clint's how old???

The youth in this league is amazing. Buncha players developing well and still young as hell.

I keep remembering there will be players born in 99 after this year...I ain't fuckin ready. I'll be the same age as a ROTY and wondering what the fuck I'm doing with my life while I'm in college

PG13 would have been worth that and more (if he re-signs)

I believe the rumored price for PG13 was starting players plus both Nets picks. I agree though that if he re-signed it would've been worth it but giving up that much and then watching him sign with the Lakers would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom