• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Manu%2BGinobili%2BBlocks%2BJames%2BHarden%2BShot%2BScience.gif

Put some people (not on GAF but maybe on GAF too) were saying that he was playing bad because of a concussion!!

Unless going to a nightclub is now the preferred method to treat a concussion.

Close, but not entirely there. Main thing is that long rebounds, for a team that's on top of things with their transition defense, and is used to shooting 3s a ton, then long rebounds that often let smaller teams compete on the boards are almost entirely beneficial. And while 50 3s might be excessive, one of the easiest ways to limit a 3 pt shooting team is to limit the attempts they get. 30-45 3s is a perfectly fine range.

Otherwise, you're good

Nah. I'm 100% of the way there. The range you list is rather large. There's a big difference between 30 3's and taking 45. You're not getting 40+ good looks from 3 in a playoff game against a good team very often. Chances are, if you're taking 45 of 'em, you're jacking up 10 or more bad shots that you shouldn't be, just because a chart says so. More often than not, it's going to cost you games and series.

EDIT: It's important to note again that I'm not arguing against taking jumpshots or taking 3's. I'm arguing for taking good shots. If you're GS, or Cleveland, or Houston and a team is getting caught going under screens or is failing to get out to your shooters after a couple of actions, and you're hot from 3, then of course you should ride that train as long as you can. There's a big difference between that situation and just jacking up 3's because math.

Tyga, Harden, and Scott?

Kylie has the market locked down on hooking up with the ugliest celebrities.

Harden went to Scotts concert after the game lol... that's why they were seen together .

Cornbread78

Super late, but I saw this as I was going to sleep. OK, Hyperactivity. I guess we'll keep Ryno but he better fucking do something about the shit performances at home.

C_l9b5JU0AASp9U.jpg

And makin' it rain, KEK
Ooh, sorry bout dat.

No worries, I'm sure we'll get an ironic gif of IT getting swatted by Kyrie or even Wall soon enough.

I think he's the same guy that said he's not a top 25 offensive player last year. Some people just aren't big fans of Kawhi.

I think he easily the 4th best player in basketball. He's already great but he does need to work on his passing and vision when he goes into attack mode. I also would love to see him play with a true passing pg who can get him the ball in good spots. I hope Murray is this guy .
Ummm are you sure lol, that seems excessive. I think he's a bit overrated though after this series, I also think that he is the 4th best player in the world. I can't imagine Kawhi putting that type of g5 OT and g6 performance this year.

That was garbage.

Bread

Banned
Terry Rozier was the symbol of Danny Ainge's greedy trade constipation: He wouldn't give up that guy, plus one of Boston's many non-Brooklyn picks, for a short-term upgrade like Serge Ibaka? Jae Crowder was a sticking point in talks for Jimmy freaking Butler? Really? Enjoy the long spring, fellas.

Things change fast, huh? Rozier is shooting 48 percent from 3, sporting the team's highest postseason plus-minus as part of bench-heavy units that have swung games. Ibaka is on vacation after less than three months with the Raptors, the crumbled remains of another LeBron rampage, leaving Toronto with the choice Boston didn't want: Pay Ibaka a fortune as he declines, or let him walk, having tossed away young assets for what in the end amounted to very little. Toronto went all-in, and the Cavs clowned them.
Lowe

a pettier man would go back and find posts shitting on Ainge when the Celtics were down 0-2...brb

Yes. Everything going according to the anime plot .
The main star in injured and now his teammates will unlock their hidden potential and surpass all odds. Then, when looks dire, the main star will get back to the court and together with his team will win it all.

But Kawai Leonard-kun is not Kuroko. He's Kagami. Manu is Kuroko.

Line_HTX

Briefly skimming over GM Daryl Morey's words at the presser earlier this morning, I guess he's still confident in this roster structure.

He better make some signings and trades this offseason like he always does.

Bread

Banned
Let the hate flow through you

Despite my dislike of IT, I hope this team makes it a fight against the Cavs. I believe in em.
you're right i should!

Oh he definitely is, looking like Troy Murphy out there on a max

but one person understood all along

Superstar Al Horford loves pressure. He was born in it. Molded by it. He's just waiting for the right time to end this series.

you the real mvp!

7) On the mid-range shot:

We have players capable of accurately shooting mid-range shots, most notably Nene, Harden, Ryno, and Harrell. There have been too many games this year where the 3 pointers weren't falling, but we kept it close. We were missing shots we normally make. In those sorts of situations, when the team knows they're not making shots, yes, it's important to let shooters keep shooting, but it is also worth considering punishing the defense when it's focusing on just defending the rim and perimeter, nothing in between, to shoot the mid-range shot.

Think of it like this, if you like what the Rockets have done: the Rockets shoot long 3s that aren't as heavily defended, and might be a little less efficient, but also force the defense of other teams to stretch itself further out. The mid-range is a similar concept, just with 2s. Make the defense respect the shot, just shoot something like 5-10 per game at max, and that would help immensely.

What's more, certain players, especially Ryno and Harrell, are more capable of creating on their own for their mid-range shots.

Let's look at these dudes for this season.

Code:
		3-10	10-16	16-<3p	3p
Nene:		50%	36%	42%	33%
Harden: 	37% 	41% 	43% 	35%
Anderson:	36%	44%	34%	40%
Harrell:	52%	9%	45%	14%

Harrell shouldn't be shooting the 3, that's a given. He really shouldn't shoot the ball anywhere beyond 10 feet. Nene is technically a push on 3 (compared to shots inside 10 feet), but they're such a low percentage of his shots (2%) that it's irrelevant.

Harden and Anderson? If I'm a defensive unit that can trick them into taking a 2 point jumper, that's good defense. Make or miss, I want you taking that shot. You're not making it with any better consistency than the 3, and it's worth less points. Please, fire at will. No, don't shoot contested jumpers if a better shot is available, but don't avoid open 3s just because the team is cold.

Zeke

I believe in my spurs, pop gonna victimize Mike Brown just like he did MDA. Warriors gonna pull a 2012 spurs and get bounced after coasting in round one and two. In reality I'm just happy they bounced the rockets after Tony went down. I hope spurs being the underdog helps them play loose.

Jarate

Banned
you cannot run a 7 man rotation in a 7 game series and expect to win. Too many roleplayers getting super heavy minutes who don't deserve to play that much.

The more you play the less efficient you get, also, people shouldn't be surprised at the Spurs beating the Rockets. The Spurs have been a better team and are one of the few team that can outcoach D'Antoni.

Basically Pop is a fucking basketball savant, and shits success.

beat

The mid-range game has been shunned in the last few years, as you say, but that doesn't mean it's not still important- especially in the playoffs. Good defensive teams in the postseason are going to run you off the 3-point line and try to close off the paint. Their main objective is to try and force you into taking those mid-range shots. You need to be able to make them.
Thing with teams like GS and Hou (don't know why this failed this post season) is they have a few who can and will shoot from 3-4 feet behind the line. You run them off that and (1) your defense is really compromised now and (2) you haven't even necessarily run them off a 3 pt shot.

Why was Iggy getting MVP fraudulent? He was the best player overall on the floor that whole series .
I seem to remember he was the best non-LeBron player overall. LeBron was a one-man force of nature that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom