• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you think there's any truth to the ideas being thrown around that Harden (or Harden and others in the Rockets organization) threw yesterday's game? For whatever reason (knowing they just wouldn't make it past the Warriors and didn't see the point in going farther, etc)?

I was watching some lowlights from the game and I can't believe what I was watching

Servbot24

Banned
Do any of you think there's any truth to the ideas being thrown around that Harden (or Harden and others in the Rockets organization) threw yesterday's game? For whatever reason (knowing they just wouldn't make it past the Warriors and didn't see the point in going farther, etc)?

I was watching some lowlights from the game and I can't believe what I was watching

I don't see how you can make it into the NBA if you have that little pride

I think Harden was just already exhausted by the end of game 5. Add to that the way that game ended, and I bet he couldn't sleep well for 2 straight nights. Heard he supposedly had a cold during game 6. Well exhaustion and no sleep could definitely contribute to that.

There is no way a team would want to miss out on extra playoff revenue.

Gigglepoo

I had been annoyed at Kornheiser making repeated references to Harden looking for his mouth guard like Mike Tyson but damn if he hasn't been awful in big moments.

teepo

i would imagine subconsciously knowing gsw is waiting for you in the next round would be demoralizing

i have no doubt it played a factor. now how large of a factor? who knows but they def didn't throw the game

TTG

James Harden at the club after mentally giving up before the game even started... yo. 9 times out of 10 those videos are Skip Bayless fodder and nothing more, especially football players that don't even touch the ball most times, but this is that one time.

James Harden, not only is your game one of the ugliest and scummiest the league has seen, now you're that guy. If I was in Houston I wouldn't show up at all, nevermind early 2nd quarter. D'Antoni asking around like how bad is the Steve Kerr thing really?

Chase17

link bra?
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/863136514250756096

Skip Bayless has the Spurs winning in 7.

Is this the kiss of death? :(
Good news. He actually is so unconcerned that he's already picked the Spurs in 6 over the Cavs.

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/863138984955748352
Welp, I can definitely see this backfiring.

Nafai1123

Banned
Yeah, it's kinda hard to justify Hardens complete choke in game 6 to illness/exhaustion when he seemingly goes straight from the presser to the club to party his ass off.

I was reading a thread on a forum and it brought up an interesting question- would any fan regardless of last nights game take james harden over John wall?

My opinion of harden hasn't gotten worse or better since last night I've always thought he was inefficient, overrated and a product of NBA needing stars to hype (but I think that of westbrook too and people disagree and that's fine I value IQ a LOT I guess and these two dudes don't have it)

I was reading a thread on a forum and it brought up an interesting question- would any fan regardless of last nights game take james harden over John wall?

My opinion of harden hasn't gotten worse or better since last night I've always thought he was inefficient, overrated and a product of NBA needing stars to hype (but I think that of westbrook too and people disagree and that's fine I value IQ a LOT I guess and these two dudes don't have it)

Harden doesn't strike me as a bad decision player offensively. If anything, being able to convert from a 2 to a 1 is pretty impressive.

Bread

Banned

youre insane if you think Harden is inefficient, he's literally one of the most efficient players of all time.

LionPride

Banned
It's crazy that Phil Jackson is now the biggest idiot of them all. What a strange time we live.
People have argued that Phil only had success having two of the twenty greatest players of all time as focal points of his system along with one of the more dominant big men ever

ViciousDS

Banned
Rewatching that rockets stuff last night. Shit was the most awkward crap ever.......harden literally stands at the time of the 3 and doesn't move, I've never seen him just not doing anything before......something happened and we are never going to find out

I actually think he got paid......it's so fucked up to each him do absolutely nothing like the last oh......80+ games this season

iso135

Man, this team has already met my expectations. If they can knock out the Wizards on the road they will certainly be beyond my reasonable expectations. So exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom