• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeblue

Why are people attacking Zaza? Harden is the reason for Kawhi's injury. Kawhi twisted his ankle like 3 times in the 3rd quarter.

He literally takes an extra step to get under his foot.

This is a team that has a player who made a habit out of trying to kick people in the balls so I'm not sure anyone's surprised.

jmizzal

Did Kawhi just land badly on that already injured ankle? I'm neutral on this series, so I'm seeing no reason to attack Zaza.

Yea I didnt see it when it happened then saw all the posts about Zaza taking out Kawhi being dirty, so I looked it up and saw it wasnt even that serious, I thought he pulled a Green and kicked his leg out or something

I've seen decades of Bruce Bowen. Straight out of his playbook. That second step by him is dirtier than my ass when I go camping.

The second step was intentional as hell. The momentum of his body wasnt carrying him in that direction and the shooter had already released the ball. Thats the smoking gun for me.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Because the cavs don't have

The nut cracker
The ankle splitter
And the last bad boy in the league on their team

3 of the dirtiest players in the NBA left outside olynyk and delly

I don;t get the Delly hate. He plays hard, not dirty. Draymond intentionally kicks out but Delly is a dirtier player?

TSM

People defending Zaza are either naive or willfully ignorant. To even begin to pretend that wasn't dirty you would first have to make the case that he actually contested the shot. He didn't even come close to contesting it, and then took the extra step to reposition his foot under Leonard. He also has a history of dirty play.

nasax

Yea I didnt see it when it happened then saw all the posts about Zaza taking out Kawhi being dirty, so I looked it up and saw it wasnt even that serious, I thought he pulled a Green and kicked his leg out or something

WTF is this? Not that serious? One of the worst things you can do in basketball is put your foot underneath a player that's in the air on his jumpshot.

I watched the Spurs take him out with 6 min to go in an elimination game while he was healthy.
They did that because Kawhi Leonard is an amazing basketball player.

The Warriors would probably acknowledge this, since they very recently went out of their way to make sure that they do not have to play against him.

He will be lucky to play game 3.

Pop might just sit him the entire series to save him for the future. No use causing a career ending injury.
I hope he doesn't, they showed they can hang with the Warriors with Kawhi in. And if they can get to the finals I think they'd be favored over the Cavs.

pislit

Pachulia injuring Kawhi is the universe reminding Spurs fans Robert Horry's body check on Steve Nash and the entire existence of Bruce Bowen.

It's convenient how Zaza was the fall guy to take out Leonard and not Durant, Green, or any other major contributor. If zaza gets suspended, the warriors would take Khawi for zaza any day of the week

dakun

Kawhi ain't that good so I don't see how it made a big difference in the game.

they literally started to blow the 20 point lead the minute he came out (not sure if troll)

but regardless. in a series of 7 Golden States were always going to win. But this would've been a loss.

FZZ

Banned
Looked like Zaza Bruce Bowen'd Kawhi. Pretty disappointing.

This thread is a dumpster fire, though. Y'all are embarrassing.

Yeah really?

Have more GSW fans defend Zaza tho, seeing "salt" posts online everywhere already. Like Warriors would have actually won if they didn't injure the best player on the floor.

Is this sarcasm?

Champagne

Banned
I hope he doesn't, they showed they can hang with the Warriors with Kawhi in. And if they can get to the finals I think they'd be favored over the Cavs.
If they keep playing him on this ankle and he keeps hurting it you're risking way more than just a potential trip to the finals.

He's 25. The Spurs want to have him around for another decade still to come. Playing him next game is way too risky.

Did Kawhi just land badly on that already injured ankle? I'm neutral on this series, so I'm seeing no reason to attack Zaza.
He kept moving into his body under him. He's smart enough to know the risk in doing that. I don't think he intended to injure...but if he got injured, I don't think he would have minded.

Classic Pachulia.

Hopefully Leonard is okay somehow. Otherwise, this will end in 5. With Leonard, this might go 7. Curry has yet to beat SAS in San Antonio in his career if I recall correctly. Maybe one win? That doesn't bode well for winning in their gym. And SAS has shown they won't go out like Harden.

Regardless, if SAS gives up 70 points in a half again, they don't deserve to win.

Jordan Schultz ✔ @Schultz_Report
NBA exec texted me on #Zaza: "That was awful. It was with intent and it was absolutely dirty." #spurs #warriors #kawhileonard

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/863867538068959232
I see. Yea, it was definitely dirty. Not intended to hurt...but if it happened to hurt...oh well.jpg

Because the cavs don't have

The nut cracker
The ankle splitter
And the last bad boy in the league on their team

3 of the dirtiest players in the NBA left outside olynyk and delly
The ankle splitter?
I don;t get the Delly hate. He plays hard, not dirty. Draymond intentionally kicks out but Delly is a dirtier player?
Delly is a cunt. Plays hard my ass.
Stop. I'd take Kawhi any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom