• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Did kids really try to cause ankle injuries by sliding their foot under yalls jump shot at the playground

I've honestly never heard of that but maybe I grew up on the tea and crepes courts
It's just one of those things players know not to do. Like shoving a guy in the air going to the basket, it's a dangerous play.

And Zaza is no stranger to gooning, so it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm ready for the office clowns at work who didn't even watch the game who bought golden state snapbacks last season who just checked the score about 30 min ago to talk grease as soon as I get in.

BadAss2961

Zaza getting his foot underneath Kawhi deserves a statue outside Oracle if they get this championship

Seriously though, I don't think he did that intentionally. He's too big and to clumsy pull it off without telegraphing it. I'd believe it if it was Draymond.

Explain to me how you put your foot underneath another player with such pinpoint accuracy without even looking down.

It's perfectly possible he had intentions to hurt him but the way people act like they just witnessed some irrefutable smoking gun from that video is very hard to understand.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for letting us know you don't watch basketball enough to understand why people are being hateful towards the Warriors.

Don't be so such a child. I understand the circumstances of the team and their place in basketball as to why they garner such hate but I still think it's overblown and stupid.

finowns

Feel bad for Leonard. GSW hate is funny.

Explain to me how you put your foot underneath another player with such pinpoint accuracy without even looking down.

It's perfectly possible he had intentions to hurt him but the way people act like they just witnessed some irrefutable smoking gun from that video is very hard to understand.

Agree, it's not clear at all.

Tommy DJ

Zaza getting his foot underneath Kawhi deserves a statue outside Oracle if they get this championship

Seriously though, I don't think he did that intentionally. He's too big and to clumsy pull it off without telegraphing it. I'd believe it if it was Draymond.

The problem is that he has a history of being a goon. The last time Zaza had an incident with Kawhi, he nearly pulled an Olynyk on him.

This is a classic Bruce Bowen move full stop. They're not hard to pull off, just roll back a couple more steps and you're probably going to step on the shooter.

Dude's been a professional athlete for over a decade. The idea that planting his foot without looking down is some amazing feat is hilarious.

nasax

They're professional players fully knowing what's going on and in control of their bodies. These guys are in another level compared to us plebs who play pickup. He knows what he's doing plus he has a history of doing shitty things.

beat

The second step was intentional as hell. The momentum of his body wasnt carrying him in that direction and the shooter had already released the ball. Thats the smoking gun for me.

Zaza literally took that "extra" step in the exact direction his body was already going. No change of direction, no slide-out further than his center of gravity. He's not a gymnast, and even gymnasts don't always stick their landings on one step.

yuraya

8QzNEFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofW1964yEfw

Hand Down, Man Down

Seriously tho Leonard is starting to look very fragile with all these ankle injuries. He better call up Curry in the offseason for advice on how to recover from all this asap otherwise this could turn into a very awful trend.

You just have to play basketball. You know how to do it and how to avoid doing it.

I honestly don't see that as intentional in the scope of the play, but can't say I know enough about Zaza to make a character assessment in regards to intent. That said, even if it was the fact remains Kawhi should have been pulled after running into the bench. Unnecessarily risky keeping him out there given his previous injury and at this point he is out for the series and likely even the finals if they manage to beat GSW.

The game was really physical and I'm surprised he was the only one who left injured.

This game really showed that these are the two best teams in the league.

You must be joking. The Spurs offense was struggling mightily under serious ball pressure from GS. They dont have enough players that can consistently make plays off the dribble. The Cavs have no such problems and thats why theyre a much better match up against the Warriors.

I keep watching that gif and I can't see the intent. However, I watched clips of Zaza being a bitch so I'm not defending him. I think he is a garbage player and I like Kawhi.

I mean he's not going to telegraph his intentions otherwise he'd be suspended. But that extra step he takes to get under kawhi says it all. Is that something you do when playing basketball?

Tekniqs

Hand Down, Man Down

Seriously tho Leonard is starting to look very fragile with all these ankle injuries. He better call up Curry in the offseason for advice on how to recover from all this asap otherwise this could turn into a very awful trend.

wtf is this shit? lol let's see how your ankle holds up if you land on a defender's foot and roll your ankle after going up for a jumpshot. it's a recipe for a serious injury.

Tommy DJ

But he's just clumsy! I mean, he wasn't even looking at Kawhi when he put him in that armbar!

And its not like Olynyk where you can argue that Love and Olynyk were getting needlessly testy trying to get that rebound that it could have been an accident. Zaza was stopping Kawhi from getting to the ball no matter what.

It really annoying because Kawhi is our key defensive player who helps plug defensive flaws in our rotations and also a key offense player that gets us guaranteed buckets. He's also our second best rebounder after Aldridge. Losing Kawhi would be like losing Durant after the first game of last year's WCF. It would make a competitive series a complete wash because basketball is a superstar heavy sport.

bud23

I recognize a bandwagoner when I see one

You have no idea what you´re talking about

Have you ever played basketball, dude

Fucking hell, man

And you know if it was done to you, it was done intentionally, period

Yeah. This isn't a difficult thing to assess. That play it's a dirty play. I would never imagined that Zaza pachulia, who has compilation videos of dirty plays, would have a defense force claiming he's a baboon that can't control his body. Peeps gotta check themselves a bit.

You must be joking. The Spurs offense was struggling mightily under serious ball pressure from GS. They dont have enough players that can consistently make plays off the dribble. The Cavs have no such problems and thats why theyre a much better match up against the Warriors.

The Spurs have way better defense than the Cavs tho. Look at what they did with Golden State in the first half, no way Cavs defense does that. Defense wins Chips

Cavs got huge defense problems that the Spurs do not have though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom