• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJwest

OguegqZ.gif
Sunhi confirms it was a hit lol

VeeP

I'm talkin about people being assholes to people, I'm talking about people not just being excited they are great, but being dicks to people. I supported the Warriors during their first win, was great to see but holy fuck their fanbase is annoying as hell now. Seahawks weren't this bad

Again, I'm gonna disagree. And not disagree that your wrong. Your right. But this doesn't just apply to Warrior fans. It's the internet culture. With Sports, Console Systems, Phone OS's, etc. This behavior and attitude is everywhere.

And props to Kawhi, dude's a class act. I definitely would've called Zaza out on that shit if it were me.

There's people shitting talking the Warriors every page even when they're not playing and two other teams are. You can't expect fans to read salty posts everywhere and not respond with some 'fuck you' retorts back at em.

This is true as well. Warriors hate is crazy. It's literally at the same level as the Warriors fanbase.

Do people hate the warriors because of the fan base or
because of Green, Barnes, and Zaza? There are still some good guys on that team like Klay, Curry, McCadoo, West, McGee, Clark, Kerr, Livingston, Iggy.

I'm talkin about people being assholes to people, I'm talking about people not just being excited they are great, but being dicks to people. I supported the Warriors during their first win, was great to see but holy fuck their fanbase is annoying as hell now. Seahawks weren't this bad

I mean in terms of real life the fans seem as fine as any other franchise that quickly rises. I think you are just taking Bam Bam as a representative

Lime

because of Green, Barnes, and Zaza? There are still some good guys on that team like Klay, Curry, McCadoo, West, McGee, Clark, Kerr, Livingston, Iggy.

Klay acted like a douchebag last year in the Finals.

finowns

Man just watched Kawhi's postgame interview and he keeps complimenting the Warriors, despite everything that happened. Feel terrible for him.

Kawhi seems like legit good dude, this injury is going to taint the whole postseason for me.

Where's the interview I can't find it

Imagine if the Lions became this good.

Tommy DJ

I'll be honest, I like how the Warriors play because they're an exceptional team. But they started to sour right around the time Green kicked Adams in the balls a couple times in that OKC series. Its a serious move that can result in serious injuries requiring surgery (ask Ginobili lol).

h1nch

I'm a Bulls fan and this Warriors hate is funny. This team didn't buy their way to a championship when they won it back in 2015. This team was built from the ground up until KD went their. Not including KD or Zaza, this team was still so much hated. I'm very confused as to why. People were making freaking rap songs saying "Fuck Steph Curry" when they lost to the Cavs. Rihanna was destroying Curry on Instagram when they were playing the Cavs in the finals. What the hell did this man do to these people lol.

1. Draymond is a dirty player, and also a huge trash talker. Bad combo.
2. Their owner is a complete d-bag and bragged about being light years ahead of other teams despite the fact that they (the current ownership/FO regime) had nothing to do with the biggest reasons why the team is good now.
3. Zaza is probably a dirty player
4. They have a tendency to showboat, and carry themselves like a team that's accomplished way more than they actually have.

I'm not usually a big Warriors hater. I'm just salty that one of their scrubs took out my favorite player, possibly for the series. That plus all of the above makes me want to root so hard for LeBron n pals to rip them a new asshole.

2. Their owner is a complete d-bag and bragged about being light years ahead of other teams despite the fact that they (the current ownership/FO regime) had nothing to do with the biggest reasons why the team is good now.
4. They have a tendency to showboat, and carry themselves like a team that's accomplished way more than they actually have.

I'm not usually a big Warriors hater. I'm just salty that one of their scrubs took out my favorite player, possibly for the series. That plus all of the above makes me want to root so hard for LeBron n pals to rip them a new asshole.

1. Agree, but they're are millions of dirty and trash talking players in the NBA. Nothing new and very normal throughout the years.
2. I have no opinion on that since I don't know him very well.
3. Agree that he is a dirty player but that play against Kawhi wasn't intentional.
4. What teams don't do this when you have the best record in the lead? Lol this is NBA basketball. Again, this is normal.

mjp2417

Banned

3 years of dominance + Draymond's flying nut kick on Steven Adams + Draymond in general + "Maybe his feelings got hurt" and subsequent Finals collapse + Durant signing + Joe Lacob + increasingly wealthy Silicon Valley fanbase + known goon taking out one of the most respected players in the league. Some of the reasons are petty, but some aren't.

Fjordson

How are personal sightings not true
I've lived in the Bay Area for over 20 years and I've had season tickets since 2010. What you're saying simply doesn't apply to most Warriors fans.

We've certainly picked up our fair share of rotten bandwagoners, but they're a small minority within the overall fanbase. And that'll happen with almost any team in any sport that gets good fast.

Look who they're playing against.

an offensively anemic team with a defense slightly worse than the rockets, and the pacers. behold as both stats get better in the ECF.

weird how these "Cavs' stats aren't real because lol east is weak" takes keep subsiding once the Finals invariably gets to 6-7 games.

it's almost as if they're half-assing it until they need the full ass.

The Spurs.

I knew you say that and I agree with you. Pop is a top 2 coach in NBA history in my opinion and you see that with his team whenever the Spurs have the best record or blow teams out they don't showboat and that's because of him. Spurs are probably the best likable team in NBA history.

BadAss2961

Bragging, showboating, and douchebaggery are problems, but you'll root for LeBron.

Jr Smith is kinda dirty. Bron is a disgraceful flopper too.

an offensively anemic team with a defense slightly worse than the rockets, and the pacers.

weird how these "Cavs' stats aren't real because lol east is weak" takes keep subsiding once the Finals invariably gets to 6-7 games.

it's almost as if they're half-assing it until they need the full ass.
Only thanks to the West's infinite generosity does the East ever win a game.

I've lived in the Bay Area for over 20 years and I've had season tickets since 2010. What you're saying simply doesn't apply to most Warriors fans.

We've certainly picked up our fair share of rotten bandwagoners, but they're a small minority within the overall fanbase. And that'll happen with almost any team in any sport that gets good fast.

Small minority?

Not speaking on you, definitely, and not sure about your area, but I had never, EVER seen any golden state fans in my entire life until two years ago. They basically replaced laker band wagoners here. Rarely see any laker "fans" or laker gear all replaced with curry 30 and durant 35. Never once seen anything golden state related before that.

And they make the laker "fans" from back then seem tolerable. Most of the ones I've tried conversing with openly admit they don't even watch their games.

The Cavs are currently paying the dirtiest player in the league, Dahntay Jones, millions of dollars to sit on the bench. I don't see any outrage.

JR Smith has done lots of questionable things to players but he gets playing time.

DJwest

Bragging, showboating, and douchebaggery are problems, but you'll root for LeBron.

All superstars flop nowadays, it's really sad. Instead of a stupid fine, the NBA should enforce 1 game suspensions for every flagrant flop. Don't allow basketball to become soccer.

h1nch

You're right. It's a shit situation all around. Also the Cavs owner wrote a letter in comic sans.

And if not the Cavs, the alternative would be to root for a Boston team?!

Come on Wizards be the team we deserve.

you don't see any outrage because dahntay jones has seen the court for approximately ten seconds

and fuck outta here with this JR shit, he hasn't done anything worth bitching about since 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom