• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

teepo

Do people hate the warriors because of the fan base or
because of Green, Barnes, and Zaza? There are still some good guys on that team like Klay, Curry, McCadoo, West, McGee, Clark, Kerr, Livingston, Iggy.

i started following the dubs wayback because a few of my friends who moved to the city to live the artist/musician life became fans of both the team and the nba through dirt cheap tickets. i also saw a lot of parallels between curry/klay and wall/beal

i loved their first championship run but when they started struggling in the playoffs last year, curry along with the rest of the team had this entitled look to them that only a spoiled brat gives when things aren't going their way. and then of course curry and klay did a full heel turn. it was enough to make me root for lebron and this is coming from a longtime wizards fan

and their fans are insufferable, even the ones i know that supported the franchise before the curry/klay explosion and then i know a few band-wagoners who wouldn't even know who david lee is. a good friend of mine just argued about the league needing more parity because of the inevitable gsw/cavs matchup and then goes and argues in favor of kd joining the team because "superteams are fun to watch". of course this friend just switched over to being a lakers fan after years of supporting the magic

Nobility

Banned
OguegqZ.gif

Living up to your name.

LionPride

Banned
I've lived in the Bay Area for over 20 years and I've had season tickets since 2010. What you're saying simply doesn't apply to most Warriors fans.

We've certainly picked up our fair share of rotten bandwagoners, but they're a small minority within the overall fanbase. And that'll happen with almost any team in any sport that gets good fast.
I like most Warriors fans, they deserve what they gettin. But these bandwagon assholes are fucking absurd.

Also, what has JR done in the last two years that's dirty? I honestly can't remember.

I like most Warriors fans, they deserve what they gettin. But these bandwagon assholes are fucking absurd.

Also, what has JR done in the last two years that's dirty? I honestly can't remember.

He was injured for a lot of this year, but it feels like you're intentionally trying to ignore him and Crowder by using the "last two years"(or his history prior to that - i.e. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/34257x/jr_smiths_greatest_hits/?st=j2pcwzmt&sh=be3f1600 ).

Fjordson

Small minority?

Not speaking on you, definitely, and not sure about your area, but I had never, EVER seen any golden state fans in my entire life until two years ago. They basically replaced laker band wagoners here. Rarely see any laker "fans" or laker gear all replaced with curry 30 and durant 35. Never once seen anything golden state related before that.
Unquestionably a small minority. And the fanbase has been great for a long time. Long before the title in 2015. Hell, the 2007 We Believe crowds were easily as intense as any Oakland crowd I've witnessed from the last few years.

If you're talking about outside the Bay Area then maybe, I can't speak to that. But again, that's going to happen with any team that gets good fast. Especially one with a player as popular as Steph Curry.

ty_hot

Is Lenard injury serious? I was just checking the results when they were playing and the Spurs were up by around 20 points (2nd quarter I believe), then in the end GS won and I saw that he played 20-few minutes so that was probably the moment everything changed.

Fjordson

I can't totally disagree (I may have misread your initial post).

Is Lenard injury serious? I was just checking the results when they were playing and the Spurs were up by around 20 points (2nd quarter I believe), then in the end GS won and I saw that he played 20-few minutes so that was probably the moment everything changed.
Tough to say exactly how serious, but he had a limp after the game and is getting an MRI.

The fact that it wasn't one of those ankle tweaks where a guy just gets re-taped and checks back in says something I think.

Lime

You talking about when Lebron got mad over trash talking?

->

klay made that stupid comment about lebron getting his feelings hurt and then immediately ran away after they lost game 7

Their behavior and reaction to when things aren't going their way is that of a spoiled rich kid who cries about getting a blue Lamborghini instead of a red Lamborghini for their sweet sixteen.

overcast

Well I missed the game and the loss of Leonard was unfortunate especially cause immediately It seems like they lost momentum. If they would have taken this game the series would have gone the distance, even with Leonard missing game 2.

Now I don't see it going 6.

Bandwagon fans are always gonna be there, and the warriors definitely have a strong core fanbase. Hell, I typically love Draymond too

It's really KD, the Zaza move, Joe Lacob, and the attitude that they're way ahead of any of the other teams that has me pissed off. Individually I like most the warriors players

Spurs at least have 6 days between now and game 3. Rest Leonard and try and win at home

yeah. got ejected. didn't play on for another quarter and a half.

the thing about JR is he actually gets punished for this shit so he hardly ever pulls it.

Any props for Curry's performance given his reputation in the playoffs? He came up big in the second half.

curry's been really damn good before the finals each year, tbh. it's just that he folds up like a lawn chair in june and it's up to everyone else to bail the team out. worked in 2015 because half the cavs were dead, didn't work in 2016, will probably work this year unless LeBron goes SSB (provided this Iguodala injury isn't season-ending)

Any props for Curry's performance given his reputation in the playoffs? He came up big in the second half.

Curry has played pretty well in the playoffs. It's the finals where the wheels have come off. I mean he scored 17 points in overtime last year

Today was interesting because it was one of the few times where both Steph and Durant went bonkers.

Unfortunately Klay shit the bed on far too many wide open looks. It's become clear that he's definitely the most expendable of the stars on this team when it comes down to it.

Even still it's not like his 2015 performance was horrific. I think he needs to get that finals MVP this year and not Durant to shake off that rep though.

badb0y

Zaza is a dirty player however the Kawahi injury seems to be a fluke. It didn't look to me like Zaza was trying to injure him intentionally.

beat

curry's been really damn good before the finals each year, tbh

Curry has played pretty well in the playoffs. It's the finals where the wheels have come off. I mean he scored 17 points in overtime last year

2015 Finals: 26 PPG, 6.3 APG
2016 Finals: 22.6 PPG, 3.7 APG

That's not a disappearing act, it's just a shade below the very high expectations he set in the regular seasons of those years.

beat

Taken in the context of the actual games Curry definitely disappeared in game 7 last year.

Yeah, but I'm gonna blame the knee injury. A healthy Curry would shake Love on that last play. I know he came back. I know he hit for 17 points in OT against the Blazers. But if he was all the way healthy I think he would have had a better Finals.

and as for Iguodala: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/...la-to-get-mri-on-left-knee-could-miss-game-2/

The MRI will determine if he needs to miss any time. But even if it comes back clean, there is a strong chance Iguodala will be held out for rest and treatment just as a precaution.

[...]

Iguodala said the trainer's told him he was out. He didn't disagree with the decision even though he's played through stuff before.

Iguodala, known for being meticulously in tune with his body, has had past knee injuries and said he recognizes this feeling. He said it might be more than just normal soreness. He too is waiting for the MRI results to rule out a tear or a bad sprain.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
He was not great last year, probably not even good, but Stpeh definitely showed up in 2015. He was historically bad in game 2, though.

He was not great last year, probably not even good, but Stpeh definitely showed up in 2015. He was historically bad in game 2, though.

i'unno, he was pretty bad compared to his standard from that season through 3 games (and not coincidentally, the Cavs won two of those), then fatigue started kicking in. he still deserved to be Finals MVP, he just started the series off pretty weak

(2016, on the other hand, i will savor forever)

mjp2417

Banned
2015 Finals: 26 PPG, 6.3 APG
2016 Finals: 22.6 PPG, 3.7 APG

That's not a disappearing act, it's just a shade below the very high expectations he set in the regular seasons of those years.

Steph's 2015 Finals was fine and he clearly deserved to be Finals MVP over Iggy. But his 2016 Finals was 2011 LeBron level bad and Game 7 was a disaster. There's no getting around it.

beat

Hah, fair. Steph gonna Steph, and occasionally that's not a good thing.

To my eyes, and I realize I'm a Warriors bandwagonner, Zaza was coming down from his forward jump.

Bruce Bowen slid his foot under Vince Carter at least twice where Bowen was from a standstill. He didn't jump for the contest, he wasn't even lunging, but he put his foot under Carter when Carter was coming straight down (not a jump that took him forwards). Plus two other slightly more questionable times too... that's four times just on Carter.

klay made that stupid comment about lebron getting his feelings hurt and then immediately ran away after they lost game 7

Cavs fan my whole life and was waiting for a chip, but man, nothing made me more satisfied than seeing his hypocritical ass run off the court since his feelings were hurt.

At least Green and Curry stuck around and congratulated some of the Cavs.

TTG

12:30 start, rust, or both in the first half. Spurs played at about 9 out 10 early as well.

Klay should quietly approach Steve Kerr and let him know he can take all the time he needs, but Mike Brown is erasing him from this post season. Continued burying him in line ups this morning.

Fuck you Houston. You see what Aldridge and Simmons are doing now? eh

Kawhi going down the first time was bizarre, second time was really sketchy. Hopefully he's back to full strength by game 3. He looked fine early, maybe they can do that again.

Iggy out, meh. He's shit finishing at the rim and from 3 and he's probably second behind Steph in random turnovers. Klay on Kawhi at times to relieve KD should be fine.

Have I said my daily Fuck You Mike Brown? Barnes and West combine for 18 minutes, Javale and Clark have 9? Zaza with 25 and you could only find 5 for McGee? Maybe Klay should start posting up again like Mark Jackson always wanted, because there are no play makers for half the time he's on the floor either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom