• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler is not walking through that door for Ball..

Well it definitely wouldn't be just for Lonzo, but a package including him going to the Bulls would make the most sense to me. It's a big market with a team that would actually trade with the C's that could use a potential franchise point guard.

Tommy DJ

Shit, I didn't remember Hill had ankle issues. I think his injury and subsequent rehabilitation were so poorly handled that the whole situation almost looks barbarian in retrospect. I doubt the Spurs would screw Kawhi like that.

Look at it this way, Pop shut Duncan DOWN for the rest of the season when he screwed his knee at the end of the 2000 season. The Spurs might have gotten bounced by the Suns in the first round but Duncan eventually played a long fulfilling career.

If Kawhi is actually seriously injured, he's not going to play. The Spurs would rather get swept than maybe reach the NBA Finals and have their franchise player suffer a deliberating injury.

VeeP

I didn't really get people getting mad at Lebron's reaction.

"He could never play back in the day." "They call each other bitches all the time at the Y." Them niggas come to blows over that too.

Not sure if you were talking about me specifically, but I was never mad about Lebrons reaction. But it's just what happened, right? Draymond got heated, called him some bad words. Lebron got offended. Some people would get pissed off and maybe come to blows. Others might ignore it. Others might talk smack back. It happens.

TTG

Spurs need to bench Kawhi for the series. If the Zaza play didn't happen I think they had a chance at taking the series. Chalk this one up as a loss. Let him heal, come back next year after spending some time developing the younger guys. He is still getting better so he'll be fire next year. There is a good young core to move forward with just need to figure out the LMA problem.

I think pop would be wise to save Leonard for the long term
He's just 25 too, plenty of basketball left for him

LeBron shook

Despite what Drake says, it's just a sprained ankle. If he can go, he should.

I hate this narrative too. Spurs played well defensively all game and were mostly really good offensively. Warriors showed up for the second half and now it's evil Zaza making the conference finals moot and it's going to be a sweep.

beat

Lakers aren't keeping that pick. Believe it.
On the one hand, I hate the Lakers and always have and hope they lose the pick. On the other hand, I feel like their refusal to nakedly tank to keep the pick should be rewarded somehow. And then again, the lottery has often rewarded tanking teams, so. {shrug}

On the one hand, I hate the Lakers and always have and hope they lose the pick. On the other hand, I feel like their refusal to nakedly tank to keep the pick should be rewarded somehow. And then again, the lottery has often rewarded tanking teams, so. {shrug}
The best thing to me is that the Nets were worse than a bunch of tanking teams. What a fucking disaster of a franchise.

Warriors showed up for the second half and now it's evil Zaza making the conference finals moot and it's going to be a sweep.

Kawhi left and they went on a 19-2 run. It's not a narrative. Something happened which completely changed the momentum of the game. As for the series, once again it depends of Kawhi health. But this was a game defined by Zaza's thing.

random25

I hope that if ever PG returns to his hometown LA, it would be on the Clippers. Just because lol.

I still think he's not leaving though. Too much cash at stake.

beat

Show me one dirty play of his

Think of any memorably dirty play you can. Go find it on Youtube. It's almost guaranteed there will be people defending it. (... possible exception of the Kermit Washington punch on Rudy Tomjanovich.)

mjp2417

Banned
I hope that if ever PG returns to his hometown LA, it would be on the Clippers. Just because lol.

I'm not great on the money differences, but he's probably not making an All-NBA team this year so that will decrease the offer Indiana can make and PG just seems done with that team, especially with Larry preemptively bouncing. I would be shocked if he is there July next year.

Cornbread78

Well it definitely wouldn't be just for Lonzo, but a package including him going to the Bulls would make the most sense to me. It's a big market with a team that would actually trade with the C's that could use a potential franchise point guard.

True, but this is Danny we're talking about here. Don't yoi think the asking price just went way up after the trading deadline??

He's got a Nike contract and other endorsements, he's done in the east x Pacers
lol Indiana compared to LA, good luck selling that

TTG

Kawhi left and they went on a 19-2 run. It's not a narrative. Something happened which completely changed the momentum of the game. As for the series, once again it depends of Kawhi health. But this was a game defined by Zaza's thing.

In the 3 minutes or so in the 3rd before Kawhi went out Curry was 4-4 for 11 points. Obviously the Spurs are more likely to win yesterday with Kawhi in, but it's not like the Warriors huddled up and told themselves it's go time because he's out.

PS: I was giving credit to the Spurs in the sentence before the one you quoted, you don't have to make me look like a homer you know.

In the 3 minutes or so in the 3rd before Kawhi went out Curry was 4-4 for 11 points. Obviously the Spurs are more likely to win yesterday with Kawhi in, but it's not like the Warriors huddled up and told themselves it's go time because he's out.

Sure, they were playing great already but the Spurs were hanging. Kawhi was drawing fouls easily and looking very dominant everytime he went iso. Nobody knows what would happen but the reality is that he went down and they made a huge run.

PS: I was giving credit to the Spurs in the sentence before the one you quoted, you don't have to make me look like a homer you know.

Not intended, i just quoted what i disagreed.

Also, dejounte Murray seems to have total poose getting some of his heaviest minutes all season long in the WCF. That kid is going to be Kawhi's #2 in the future

spyder_ur

True, but this is Danny we're talking about here. Don't yoi think the asking price just went way up after the trading deadline??

I don't see why. If anything, it would've gone down given a half season passed, and these picks become real available players. Reality has to be staring the Bulls and pacers in the face. They may continue to be stubborn though - after all they have the player.

Game 7 Hype!

This seems appropriate given yesterday.

https://youtu.be/eQ70BkPkANM

TTG

Sure, they were playing great already but the Spurs were hanging. Kawhi was drawing fouls easily and looking very dominant everytime he went iso. Nobody knows what would happen but the reality is that he went down and they made a huge run.

Yea, being a Warriors fan I would probably trade the win for one unsprained ankle for Kawhi. Of course it's a lot easier to say that when you've got so much confidence in a team.

Still sore about the Rockets pissweak departure but man I hope Kawhi gets healthy.

Rockets lose to these game 1 Spurs(with Kawhi) like 4 games out of every 5. You should feel fortunate the Rockets looked like the better team for 3 of those games minus an overtime looking back.

Warriors don't come back, Spurs had too big a lead. If they were only 10-12 points ahead by HT, I would say Warriors would have come back. Spurs hit some crazy clutch shots before Kawhi went out like the LMA last second 3. Don't see that continuing, but the lead was too big. Warriors got a big break with the injury obviously.

David Zavac @DavidZavac

The Cavs are announcing a "Major Announcement" at the Q today at 1 pm with CEO Len Komorosky and GM David Griffin.

Finally they're giving me the keys to the city.
Some ppl are speculating all star game 🤔🤔

..What about the keys to the city?.........

1034699.gif

Great game last night. I hope the whole series can be fun like that.

And lets hope Leonard can come back because shit will not be entertaining otherwise.

spyder_ur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom