• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not leading for a single second on your home court in 3 full games is crazy. Even by pure luck you would think it would happen in the early minutes

The haters will just do what Skip Bayless does, and ignore the fact that LeBron took fewer shots, and just point out the number of games. lol

Edit: Like the posts above mine.

Give everyone something to quote then...

Points/games/makes/attempts/threes/free throws

Side by side comparison.

Tom Penny

Not leading for a single second on your home court in 3 full games is crazy. Even by pure luck you would think it would happen in the early minutes

Celtics got outscored by the Wizards by like 45+ in 1st quarter the first 3 games..nothing surprises me. You have no chance to come back when the talent gap is the Cavs not the Wizards. Wizard went on 3 20+ point runs in that series too..It almost makes no sense they lost.

Steve Kerr ain't healthy tho :'(. Any news if he'll be coaching the Finals?

Would be great if Klay found his groove. Dude is shooting poorly. Hopefully he just explodes one game. Klay Thompson, Supernova.

Will also be interesting if Warriors come out motivated or rusty. They looked sloppy that first game against Spurs. On the other hand, I think that Kyrie shot is on Curry's mind, and that who kicked out of game 6 on Draymonds. And this being Durant's first Finals game in years, it'll be interesting.

Last I heard on Kerr was passion wasn't relieved as much as he hoped, but the leakage was stopped.
He still got a week of rehab and recovery though, so we wait and see.

Oh, and Klay is gonna be the not so secret secret weapon. He's been laying low on purpose ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It took like 2 decades to even beat Jordan's record. It would take another transcendent player plus playoff success to beat LeBron's record when all is said and done.

Alot of his records won't be broken (especially the "youngest ever to...") simply due to getting an extra year coming straight out of high school.

Yeah it sucked. We'll always have game 3 and I can take solace on the fact that the team played really hard and is the only team to win a conference finals game this year other than the Warriors and the Cavs. But losing by 40 two times in a row at home is not cool.

Yo shaq's foot....

81942319.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Embarrassing, didn't even bother to compete. I'll say again after this ends it's time toove on from ab. He can not be a focal point of the offense he's just not very good. Marcus will absolutely need to develop some sort of offense and I don't know that he can.

Jaylen will take a step but he's not that guy next year, fultz will be good for the 2nd unit, somebody who can create and control an offense. Him and jaylen should do work there next year. In the mean time, assuming IT is back they need to get a score likely Hayward. They need better shooters, ab is wildly inconsistent and Marcus is the worst shooter ever.

megalowho

I've never seen that Bron foot pic, that's fucked up

C's have been weird all year but would have been nice if they showed up for this one. Ah well, offseason is gonna be fun

Embarrassing, didn't even bother to compete. I'll say again after this ends it's time toove on from ab. He can not be a focal point of the offense he's just not very good. Marcus will absolutely need to develop some sort of offense and I don't know that he can.

Jaylen will take a step but he's not that guy next year, fultz will be good for the 2nd unit, somebody who can create and control an offense. Him and jaylen should do work there next year. In the mean time, assuming IT is back they need to get a score likely Hayward. They need better shooters, ab is wildly inconsistent and Marcus is the worst shooter ever.

I was thinking about this watching the game and up until now I thought they needed to trade one of Smart or Bradley. Right now I think Danny should move on from both. Bradley will never be consistent enough and Smart will never not be a black hole on offense for more than a game. Even Bradley's defense on Kyrie sucked ass this series.

The main need other than a scoring wing is a stout big. Seriously, the kind of "defense" they played for long stretches against the Cavs is unacceptable and they need anyone that can grab a fucking rebound. They're close, but this series exposed their flaws pretty fucking hard.

spyder_ur

Celtics have a lot of dead weight that needs to be dropped.

I mean not really - the problem is that they have too many roster-worthy players and not enough top end talent, and everyone knows that. Green, Young, Zeller, Johnson are all gone. Probably Jonas too.

The sneaky thing about the Celts offseason is what happens with Zizic and Yabu. Scouts have said that both would be likely lotto picks in this draft, which is deeper than last year by all accounts. I wonder how much the Celtics trust them at all;Zizic appears ready to contribute based on his performance in Europe.

random25

You just got to hand it to Brad Stevens for a really great coaching job. In all honesty, the Celtics lineup is as good as a team chasing that 8th seed, but they managed to get better and better, finishing as the top seed in the East. They massively overachieved this year, and if they can get a superstar starting next season, they'll have the best shot at dethroning the Cavs in the next few years.

Tom Penny

I mean not really - the problem is that they have too many roster-worthy players and not enough top end talent, and everyone knows that. Green, Young, Zeller, Johnson are all gone. Probably Jonas too.

The sneaky thing about the Celts offseason is what happens with Zizic and Yabu. Scouts have said that both would be likely lotto picks in this draft, which is deeper than last year by all accounts. I wonder how much the Celtics trust them at all;Zizic appears ready to contribute based on his performance in Europe.

LoL . They have to replace like 5-6 guys to be a really good team. I'll be generous and say their roster has 3 top 100 players on it..one in the top 25

Duxxy3

I wouldn't be opposed to hanging onto Green. Zeller, Amir and Young are definitely gone. I think dropping Young could bite us in the ass, but not any year soon. Olynyk was hot and cold. Tonight he was so cold that I thought he was trying to throw the game.

Zizic is definitely coming up. Yabusele has some injuries to work through. He'll be called up at some point. I don't think he'll be stashed overseas.

At some point we need some clarity on the guard situation. I like every single one of them. That's the problem.

Anyhow, good luck to the Cavs. I'd prefer they win over the Warriors. That Zaza play still bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom