• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION TO ALL INTERESTED IN TEAMUP AKA CREW MODE (MY PLAYER)

If you look at the OP, in the "My Player" section, i added a list of players interested in crew mode (teamup). this group is separate from league players. So if you are interested in playing with TEAM GAF on crew mode against other crews, please post your
gaf handle, gamertag, aim, my player name and position and an invite will be sent to you in-game. Current league participants have been added to Crew list automatically.
And of course using your own "My player".
The point of adding this section is to make Crew mode as fun and as robust as it can be. so if your in the mood to play some Team up, look at the list of crew players and contact them via xbox live, aim or post here.

Gaf handle :
Gamertag:
Aim:
My Player:
Position:

LEAGUE THREAD IS UP1!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17849214&posted=1#post17849214

Dark FaZe said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougidX-HFfM&feature=channel

This video is scaring the shit out of me and it's happened numerous times in the demo. The cpu is rarely scoring on me by themselves but my guys are constantly in the stupidest positions ever or allowing insta score post positions every trip down the lane.

2k10 may be broken.

The off ball defense is just atrocious.

Yeah, the offball defense is just ridiculous and the only reason the CPU gets so many wide open shots. You can be D'ing your man up solid, but 2-3 quick passes later, you're seeing a wide open jumpshot or dunk. It's crazy...

HMC

Shawnwhann said:
Yeah, the offball defense is just ridiculous and the only reason the CPU gets so many wide open shots. You can be D'ing your man up solid, but 2-3 quick passes later, you're seeing a wide open jumpshot or dunk. It's crazy...

Maintaining the proper spacing between you and your man is tough in 2K10. Really tough.

You may think your defending your guy real good, but you have to keep a specific amount of separation this year. If your cover gets to the point where he is touching you, or adjacent to you, the help D crashes in...unless you are either locked on (intense D)or perfectly positioned and get the "body up" animation from the defender.

On the one hand this will help against guys who spam superstars as going one on one is alot harder to do. However, its frustrating so far because if the offensive player uses a "lunge"-type isomotion (IE, the step-out dribble or the in-and-out dribble) that closes the defensive spacing gap faster than you can adjust as a defender, and then your defensive integrity is fucked when the help blitzes over.

Ive had the most success by playing on-ball when players are moving around the perimeter, setting up, and in the post....but switching to off-ball when the CPU is looking to attack. It also helps to go with "never" on PF and C double teams. Otherwise the CPU slices and dices since your post doubling usually comes crashing down form the perimeter, often off of great shooters.

If you don't give enough space, the off ball defense kicks in strong...play scared and give up too much space, the CPU pulls up in your face.

Seems to me that 2k concentrated on creating the CLE/ORL ECF factor. The Magic would use Howards speed in the post vs Ilguaskas and their size on the PnR against the Cavs smaller backcourt to draw help, and then swung the ball to wide open weakside shooters.

HMC said:
Maintaining the proper spacing between you and your man is tough. Really tough. You have to keep a specific amount of separation. If your cover gets to the point where he is touching you, or adjacent to you, the help D crashes in, unless you are perfectly positioned, and get the "body up" animation from the defender.

On the one hand this will help against guys who spam superstars as going one on one is alot harder to do...however, its frustrating so far because if the offensive player uses a "lunge"-type isomotion (IE, the step-out dribble or the in-and-out dribble) that closes the gap faster than you can adjust as a defender, and then your defensive integrity is fucked.

Ive had the most success by playing on-ball when players are moving around the perimeter, setting up, and in the post....but switching to off-ball when the CPU is looking to attack. It also helps to go with "never" on PF and C double teams. Otherwise the CPU slices and dices since your post doubling usually comes crashing down form the perimeter, often off of great shooters.

If you don't give enough space and the off ball defense kicks in strong...too much space and the CPU pulls up in your face.

Seems to me that 2k concentrated on creating the CLE/ORL ECF factor. The Magic would use Howards speed in the post vs Ilguaskas and their size on the PnR against the Cavs smaller backcourt to draw help, and then swung the ball to wide open weakside shooters.

I dunno man, I'm somewhat over tweaking and playing with workarounds to address a blatant bug I saw in just 3 games. Even with the Help D slider turned all the way down, guys still leave their man too much for my liking. I'm using a combo of 2-3 and 1-3-1 right now against the CPU because Man Defense just isn't on point this year.

We can get a game in tomorrow if you're available. Just let me know.

HMC

This is why I don't complain about cheese. For this exact reason.

Now because people couldn't just ignore bums who spam the Kobe's and Lebron's of the world they've made the help defense nigh omnipotent. Against cheesy assoles who use the same guy over and over and never look to draw and kick, this is a wonderful solution!

Didn't people cry to the high heavens about the lack of help D? Lol...well here it is.

Now, the off ball AI is designed to sell out when guys get into the paint. Broken game mechanics created to combat a broken style of user play. Sweet.

Funniest part though, is that the cheesers are still gonna be able to spam the paint, lol. You cannot and will never, ever be able to combat a mofo determined to play shitty basketball. Ever.

Im off tommorrow, we'll get it in. :D

DCX

DCX
Gaf handle : DCX
Gamertag: DCX gaf
Aim: DreamcastKC
My Player: Carlos Miranda
Position: SF

DCX

******A ROOKIE LEFT, ONE OPENING LEFT********
nyprimus had the pistons, any current rookie or vet can take the pistons now.
first to post has dibs on them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
viakado said:
******A ROOKIE LEFT, ONE OPENING LEFT********
nyprimus had the pistons, any current rookie or vet can take the pistons now.
first to post has dibs on them.

I'm a nice guy so I will take them and let DM have Durant :p

I forfeit my challenge.

Matrix said:
I'm a nice guy so I will take them and let DM have Durant :p

I forfeit my challenge.
pussy.
respect -1.
smh matrix, i was rooting for you too. :(
you're now the current owner of the Pistons

******STILL ONE OPENING LEFT********

Barrett2

Gaf handle : lawblob
Gamertag: lawblob
Aim:
My Player:
Position: SF / PF

viakado said:
pussy.
respect -1.

******STILL ONE OPENING LEFT********

Sign me up. What teams are still available?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
viakado said:
pussy.
respect -1.

haha

I had to rethink it all, since I think the game is going to suck again. I want to at least enjoy the game somewhat, so that's why I'm taking a better team.

But I'd be willing to still do the challenge game instead, I'm not scared of playing DM.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
The ship be sinkin

Now I want to challenge you again. Every time you post I get this urge to take Durant from you.

lawblob said:
Gaf handle : lawblob
Gamertag: lawblob
Aim:
My Player:
Position: SF / PF

Sign me up. What teams are still available?
welcome. you take the bucks.
also for Crew position, i know you put sf/pf, but by looking at the current list, we already have enough SFs, we really need more bigs. so i just put you down as PF.

viakado said:
thx spec. i'll add this to the OP for those still on the fence.
Yeah, that is a damn cheap price for a popular game at release. But the $10 credit to next purchase will only be for a couple more days since it is only for pre-orders, so act now, operators are standing by.

Of course, there is also the TRU B2G1F deal coming in a couple weeks. You can get NBA 2K10, NBA Live 10, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and whatever other new $60 games for an effective $40 each.

kid ness

Hi OP,
I'm sorry but I have to drop out of the league due to an important obligation. Maybe I'll be back next year.
Thanks.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031712p1.html

With solid, fast paced gameplay and an excellent presentation that's easily the best the series has ever had, NBA 2K10 continues its strong pedigree of great basketball. While the presentation holds down the fort, the inclusion of the NBA Today and My Player modes, as well as the addition of the developmental leagues make an already good title even better. While the technical issues, such as the slowdown and the legacy problems with the AI and shooting are dismaying, they don't completely destroy the on-court experience, which is still strong enough to allow 2K to hold the basketball crown for yet another year.

Barrett2

viakado said:
welcome. you take the bucks.
also for Crew position, i know you put sf/pf, but by looking at the current list, we already have enough SFs, we really need more bigs. so i just put you down as PF.

The Bucks, eh?

Gonna be a long season....

PF is fine for the Crew position. I played a mean low post in YMCA ball.

lawblob said:
The Bucks, eh?

Gonna be a long season....

PF is fine for the Crew position. I played a mean low post in YMCA ball.
you're defaulted to the bucks. doesn't mean you're stuck with them.
as a rookie, you have 1 challenge to give and you can only challenge another rookie.
please refer to the OP on which team you are eligible to challenge for.
Deadline to declare a team to challenge for is 12:01 AM PST tuesday.
thats about in 7.25 hours

lawblob said:
Um, can I have the Suns instead of the Bucs?
suns are currently being challenged between konex and azn. please pick another team to challenge for.

Edit:
nvmind. who ever the winner of the suns between konex/azn, you will use your one challenge for the suns.

aznpxdd

viakado said:
you're defaulted to the bucks. doesn't mean you're stuck with them.
as a rookie, you have 1 challenge to give and you can only challenge another rookie.
please refer to the OP on which team you are eligible to challenge for.
Deadline to declare a team to challenge for is 12:01 AM PST tuesday.
thats about in 7.25 hours

suns are currently being challenged between konex and azn. please pick another team to challenge for.

Edit:
nvmind. who ever the winner of the suns between konex/azn, you will use your one challenge for the suns.

Aw man now I have to play 2 challenges just to use the shitty Suns?

aznpxdd said:
Aw man now I have to play 2 challenges just to use the shitty Suns?
when you play konex for the suns, you're not using your 1 challenge against him.
therefore, another rookie can use his 1 challenge for the suns.

i still need gamertag for:
ephemeris, matrix, and parasight

Sloegr

speculawyer said:
I just ordered a copy from Amazon. I'm just gonna try it out and then send it off to my nephew.

I couldn't resist the cheap effective $37.69 price at Amazon.

speculawyer, will you post when you get your $10 promo code? I just want to know if the code will have an expiration date. Thank you :D

pilonv1

With all the NBA Today stuff and new association additions like 10 day contracts I may actually play an 82 game Association this year.

ElJuice said:
speculawyer, will you post when you get your $10 promo code? I just want to know if the code will have an expiration date. Thank you :D

The Amazon page says this

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order NBA 2K10 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer does not apply to the Anniversary Edition.

However . . . the ECA 10% off discount aspect is no longer working. Amazon pulled the plug because people were exploiting it by double & triple stacking the discount.

Mrbob

speculawyer said:
However . . . the ECA 10% off discount aspect is no longer working. Amazon pulled the plug because people were exploiting it by double & triple stacking the discount.

What? Fucking internet idiots. Amazon really needs to switch to one code per user.

ECA is toast now though if true.

Edit: I just read the situation should be fixed in the next couple days. Amazon is fixing a software glitch that allowed certain thiefs to stack more than one code together.

pilonv1 said:
With all the NBA Today stuff and new association additions like 10 day contracts I may actually play an 82 game Association this year.

Same. I'm gonna get a little ahead of schedule so that I can keep up when the year comes around

Smokey

Mrbob said:
What? Fucking internet idiots. Amazon really needs to switch to one code per user.

ECA is toast now though if true.

Edit: I just read the situation should be fixed in the next couple days. Amazon is fixing a software glitch that allowed certain thiefs to stack more than one code together.

so much anger:lol

Sloegr

speculawyer said:
The Amazon page says this

Yeah, I've looked at the offer and it's a solid deal. I just don't order games from Amazon a whole lot, so I'm hoping I can hold the code for a while before using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom