• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

viakado said:
when you play konex for the suns, you're not using your 1 challenge against him.
therefore, another rookie can use his 1 challenge for the suns.

i still need gamertag for:
ephemeris, matrix, and parasight

Ephemeris Zero is the tag.

Gamefly robbed me outta 2k10 and demon's souls. Empty queue, no games.

Mother. Fucker.

ElJuice said:
Yeah, I've looked at the offer and it's a solid deal. I just don't order games from Amazon a whole lot, so I'm hoping I can hold the code for a while before using it.
Hmm . . . since they don't list an expiration date, then I doubt it expires any earlier than 1 year. But that is just a guess.

Ephemeris said:
Ephemeris Zero is the tag.

Gamefly robbed me outta 2k10 and demon's souls. Empty queue, no games.

Mother. Fucker.

They did the same to my boy I was hoping to play with :(

If Gamefly screws me out of Brutal Legend and Borderlands they will regret that shit.

Sloegr

speculawyer said:
Hmm . . . since they don't list an expiration date, then I doubt it expires any earlier than 1 year. But that is just a guess.

Yeah, you're probably right. When they send the email with your code in a few days, it should say if/when it will expire. At least, it has been that way with the other promo codes I've gotten from Amazon.

Thanks for responding! It's much appreciated. I should be able to wait on preordering until I know for sure since the PC game doesn't ship until the 12th.

pilonv1

Sorta OT since it's mainly about Live, but for those wondering about franchise/dynasty mode simulated stats/seasons, sounds like 2k10 kills it in that regard.

Apparently in one live Dynasty, LeBron scored 21ppg, and in another he was traded for Baron Davis, then LBJ traded for Redd :lol Or you have Deron Williams leading the league in scoring but only having 3 assists per game. Star players playing around 30mpg.

e6d7xw.jpg

reilo would love the one where Roy is traded for Gay.

Biggest issues in the 2k10 Association simmed stats is Bosh averaging 14rpg, which is due to having no strong rebounders around him, and Chris Paul having lower assists (8apg) because he has high passers around him.

Post from a live Producer on OS.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ulated-stats-they-fixed-2.html#post2040277765

Hey guys,

We did tune the sim engine, trade logic and rookie generation, but it's not perfect by any means. We have some legacy code in there that makes for some awkward situations. We (obviously) didn't focus much attention on dynasty this season, but plan to put more attention on it this coming year. Apologies for this guys.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-live/365172-dynasty-stats-4.html#post2040280374

Alright, just got the word.

c'mon guys, stuff isn't "BROKEN", it's the same. We don't save injuries in-game so we didn't have it in 09 and we don't have it in LIVE 10.

I know our dynasty has short comings this year, but we had obvious priorities to get to guys. I know that's not an excuse at all, and in the end, we'll pay for it...but I'm at least giving you the truth. Apologies guys.

Bill Abner has a bunch of things to say about the Live simmed stats but can't until the review embargo is up.

If only the Madden developers were so honest.

"We said ratings would matter, everything you see on Sunday will be in the game. Yes we know that your P or K can block as well as an 80 rated OL but we don't care".

pilonv1

Smokey said:
At least the live guy is being honest.

Yeah, and I won't begrudge them for fixing the most important part first (the on court gameplay). Just comparing it to the madden fiasco.

Smokey said:
IGN says 2k10 > Live 10

Better hope Gamespot, 1up, and Gametrailers say otherwise shawn!
Enjoy the lead I'm spotting you. It won't last.

On a side note, I hate when sites don't have the same reviewer on games where people are going to obviously be comparing them.

Ephemeris

Dark FaZe said:
They did the same to my boy I was hoping to play with :(

If Gamefly screws me out of Brutal Legend and Borderlands they will regret that shit.

Yeah, it sucks -_-

Maybe I'll cop 2k10 and Demon's Souls's next week at Toys R Us or something. Cause gamefly wouldn't be sending 2k10 out for a long time I imagine.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
viakado, my gamertag is matrixadw

bumpkin

Hmm, I hope that my local TRU still has 2K10 in stock when I go to (hopefully) get Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 next week. If so, I'm totally picking it up! I had a lot of fun with 2K9.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Blargh. The Live dynasty stuff is disappointing. So, now I have to choose between framerate issues and a jacked up dynasty. =/

The Stealth Fox

At the end of the day, it's about which gameplay and presentation you prefer. I'm really digging Live's take on it.

While 2k10's commentary is amazing, Live's has always been pretty good. I really like Live's take on the arenas and the visuals.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The Stealth Fox said:
At the end of the day, it's about which gameplay and presentation you prefer. I'm really digging Live's take on it.

While 2k10's commentary is amazing, Live's has always been pretty good. I really like Live's take on the arenas and the visuals.

I agree, definitely but I'm a franchise/dynasty guy as well. =/

Possibly regretting getting this over Live? Quick impressions.

+ Graphics have improved since last year. Player models and crowds are better.
+ Gameplay mechanics including shooting still a ton of fun.

- HORRENDOUS slowdown. Feels like you're playing online. Horrible lag in the paint. WITH Game installed to HDD (360). Pretty fucking inexcusable for a 2010 game.
- Animations are janky sometimes, players can literally walk by defenders.

P.S. Since when is Jay Triano black?

Even though Amazon didn't offer release date shipping for this game, my copy will still get to me tomorrow! They shipped this afternoon and for some reason my UPS tracking number says it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I didn't even choose 1-day shipping? Oh well, I'm not complaining!

RBH

DevelopmentArrested said:
- HORRENDOUS slowdown. Feels like you're playing online. Horrible lag in the paint. WITH Game installed to HDD (360). Pretty fucking inexcusable for a 2010 game.
Ugh, I don't like the sound of this at all.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres hoping the slowdown will be patched soon, as I dont like what Im hearing.

As a relative 2k noob, is the shooting stick all its jacked up to be or do most people just press the button to shoot?

ecnal

Raging Spaniard said:
Heres hoping the slowdown will be patched soon, as I dont like what Im hearing.

As a relative 2k noob, is the shooting stick all its jacked up to be or do most people just press the button to shoot?

shot stick is needed to pull off contextual shots (floaters, runners, momentum shots, etc).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ecnal said:
shot stick is needed to pull off contextual shots (floaters, runners, momentum shots, etc).

Good to hear, ill probably mix it up then.

Framerate issues that bad? Sounds like the week extra wait for the definitive version is going to be worth it.

Reading OS for impressions is killing me right now, though. Too many panties in bunches over whether accessories are color coordinated with jerseys. It's a basketbal game, not dress up.

DiddyBop

yea the slowdown is ridiculous, but the graphics are great. i cant really make a judgement call yet, gotta get used to the somewhat new controls. btw whoever has the warriors this season is a lucky sob, stephen curry is WET

ecnal

Raging Spaniard said:
Good to hear, ill probably mix it up then.

IMO i think using the button to shoot is better for online unless, of course, you're trying to do one of the aforementioned contextual shots.

i feel like the shot stick is lagged online... at least more so than just pushing the button.

pilonv1

DiddyBop said:
btw whoever has the warriors this season is a lucky sob, stephen curry is WET

:( go fmt

I've always used the shoot button, even off line, except for dunks/layups/postups, because it feels more natural.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Hey guys,

We did tune the sim engine, trade logic and rookie generation, but it's not perfect by any means. We have some legacy code in there that makes for some awkward situations. We (obviously) didn't focus much attention on dynasty this season, but plan to put more attention on it this coming year. Apologies for this guys.

oh fuck that shit!!!! What the hell did EA do then?!

I TRIED to play Dynasty Mode on 09 and that shit was broken. That was 1 major reason I never got into Live and played 2K for the association mode. I WAS going to get Live with next week's b2g1 at TRU and I planned to play Dynasty plus random online pick up games. smh.

parasight

viakado said:
when you play konex for the suns, you're not using your 1 challenge against him.
therefore, another rookie can use his 1 challenge for the suns.

i still need gamertag for:
ephemeris, matrix, and parasight

GT: Paralock

mr stroke

anyone played online yet??

Are there lobbies this year? or just quick match again :(

and are they keeping records or is it reseting your record over every couple of days?

LEAGUE PARTICIPANTS
cb3, chaotic. when are you guys getting your copy?
i have my copy.:D

series that needs to be played:

chaotic vs. viakado for the lakers.
shawn vs. CB3 for the lakers
anachronous_one vs dark faze for the celtics
mr.bob vs. pheeniks for the heat
azn vs. konex

Potential matchups:
dark faze vs. raging spaniard for the grizz.
lawlbob vs azn/konex
azn vs. raging spaniard for the jazz
anachronous vs witness2k9 for the Mavs
cb3 vs fmt for the bulls
viakado vs chaotic for the magic
shawn vs. kirby for the blazers

DEADLINE FOR ALL DECISIVE GAMES to be completed is OCT. 13th.
IF you cannot finish your games by that date, you will be defaulted to a team.

CREW MODE PARTICIPANTS
i'll be creating the crew team later tonight.
i'll need suggestions for a team name.
and i'll be sending out invites later tonight plus i'll be sending out friends request for Crew players so you'll know which crew member is currently online.
EVENTUALLY this thread will be CREW MODE Central

good luck with your series gentleman, may the best player win!

Awww, WTF, Amazon. I used super-saver, so I'm fine with waiting 5 to 7 days for the USPS to deliver. But why does it take you 9 days to drop the fucking package in the mail? That's bullshit.

Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: October 20, 2009 - October 26, 2009
Order Placed: October 4, 2009
Amazon.com order number: XXXX
Order Total: $47.69

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?
Shipping estimate:October 13, 2009 (More about estimates)

Shipping Speed:
FREE Super Saver Shipping

Items Ordered Price
1 of: NBA 2K10 [Video Game]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

speculawyer said:
Awww, WTF, Amazon. I used super-saver, so I'm fine with waiting 5 to 7 days for the USPS to deliver. But why does it take you 9 days to drop the fucking package in the mail? That's bullshit.

I'd say it will ship in the next day or two. Amazon's estimates are usually conservative and they've got it listed as "shipping soon," so I think you're good.

Mrbob

It is an estimate, they are always off. Amazon does it so you pay money for shipping. Your game should ship in the next day or two.

My copy with free shipping shipped this morning, but I did preorder it over a week ago.

pheenik's idea of team name:
"Gaf prisoners"

our tagline:
"so we'll get butt fucked by everyone"

brilliant!

********REMINDER TO ALL CREW PARTICIPANTS********
don't forget to tell me your player name and position. we dont want a clusterfuck in one position now.

Nightz

My co-worker and I just picked up our 10th anniversary editions during our break. The locker is freaking awesome. :lol Now I have a place to store all my old PS2 games that are taking up my PS360 shelf space.

The online lag is wonky but I'm really enjoying association and my player mode.

Crew name: Fruity Pebbles

:D

I can see me throwing so many hours into this game. FUCK. Now just fix the damn online 2k. WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom