• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix said:
Bob knows he has no chance of beating you so that's why he's fucking with you. Hell Bob has hardly a chance of beating anyone.

This isn't Madden where he has a TE on his side.

heatbench_emote.png

viakado said:
this is just a glimpse. the trash talking gets on another plateau once season starts.
why aren't you interested in joining, spec?
No thanks. I'm not that interested in basketball . . . I'd suck at it and have to suffer all the trash talk abuse. :lol

If anything I should pick up NHL 10 and try that league. But I didn't want a third year of buying both NHL 2Kn and EA's NHL n. But it might end up happening. Too few people online with NHL 2K10 right now. There were several people on last night . . . but then I just realized that was only because there was a "Play against 2K developers" event last night. :lol

Mrbob

Matrix you should be joining the league this season!

ph33nix said:
Bob you're a fucking dick. You're just picking the Heat to fuck with me.

Fine, if I indeed do have to play you, I'm going to try my hardest to make this the most unpleasant 3 game series you've ever dealt with. And considering my last 2k game was game 7 to DCX I think you have me at the worst time.

So now you want to play me again? :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bob if you ever do anything right in your life, you must do this right. It might top the DCX/Pheeniks series

newsguy

I did notice the same exact thing that plagued 2K9 pre-patch and that's the first free throw thing. Every first free throw is a crap shoot, no matter what you do there's a janky ass framerate and the shot misses 80% of the time. WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Mrbob said:
Ok, we'll play then!

You better not lose to me otherwise you will be shamed in nba gaf forever. :D
oh man, i really wished 2k would implement some kind of spectator mode.
this game will be epic.
another pheeniks meltdown. yum

DMczaf

newsguy said:
I did notice the same exact thing that plagued 2K9 pre-patch and that's the first free throw thing. Every first free throw is a crap shoot, no matter what you do there's a janky ass framerate and the shot misses 80% of the time. WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

They did it again?! :lol :lol :lol

That bug was in 2K8 (patched)

Then it was in 2K9 (patched)

Now we in 2K10!

Fuck these guys, seriously.

[14:49] viakado: you bailed in league you chump
[14:49] Cerrius: i bailed for the superior game
[14:50] viakado: i would've gladly put bease in the banner if you were still here
[14:50] Cerrius: Once Live 10's Synergy Data starts flowing in it's going to blow away 2k10
[14:50] viakado: wtf isthat?
[14:50] Cerrius: synergy motherfucker
[14:50] viakado: what the fuck is that
[14:50] Cerrius: i dont know,
[14:51] Cerrius: viva la revolucion
:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Matrix you should be joining the league this season!

I'm down for it as of now, but some of these impressions are making me nervous. With the frame rate issues and Shawn comparing online to 2k9 well it's making me rethink things.

Also knowing I would have to play a online league season with the Bucks with these issues might make me go crazy.

I still know you couldn't beat me, just like MLB Show. You only have my number in Madden.

Ephemeris

viakado said:
[14:50] viakado: i would've gladly put bease in the banner if you were still here
[14:50] Cerrius: Once Live 10's Synergy Data starts flowing in it's going to blow away 2k10
:lol :lol

charsace

DMczaf said:

Now we in 2K10!

That is why Wang left. 2k just doesn't seem to care about actually improving the game. All they do is smooth out and add more animations.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:

Now we in 2K10!

:lol :lol :lol :lol This is why im gamyfly'ing 2K. Fuck giving them my money. it will be the first time in like 5 years i dont buy their game. fuck em

SUPREME1

Banned
viakado said:

newsguy

Yeah it's in again. And while it seems trivial, when I play my franchise I do give a shit what my best player's FT % is. I don't want Wade shooting 50% from the line halfway through the season.

Mrbob

Matrix we never got to play mlb this year. :(

I only jumped on the nba2k scene last year, but it is hilarious the game seems to have the same recurring issues year after year which never get fixed. Don't know if I would pay full price, but with the eca discount and 10 dollar coupon from odst this game ended up being 37 bucks shipped on amazon, and then I get another 10 dollar coupon to use on a future game (UC2!)....so for this low, low price I can deal with some of the issues. Plus I won't feel too bad if everyone trades in their game for Live 10 after the first week. :lol

ecnal

ph33nix said:
yeah I need a few practice Ws under my belt.
That a boy pheeknicks, get those wins before the real playoffs start, otherwise you may never know what it's like to win a series.
Go bob!

Smokey

wow.

pheeniks if u lose the heat to bob, you just may cement your legacy as the most infamous GAF player to ever play in any league.

you cannot let this happen.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Matrix we never got to play mlb this year. :(

We played 3 non league games and I swept you.

We never did play any league games though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dark FaZe said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougidX-HFfM&feature=channel

This video is scaring the shit out of me and it's happened numerous times in the demo. The cpu is rarely scoring on me by themselves but my guys are constantly in the stupidest positions ever or allowing insta score post positions every trip down the lane.

2k10 may be broken.

The off ball defense is just atrocious.

this guy had a ton of videos last year to show the defensive issues with the game. Seriously though. It doesn't look like anything is fixed in this game that was broke in 2k9.
Like nothing changed.

True roster update.

ecnal

in before you know who:

guyz, i'm not gonna say it again; in teh post and tight. learn to use sliders.

noobs.

Baby Milo said:
oh jesus whats the word on the live league

Okay but mostly shit.

I don't want to make the switch and leave behind a full league and a deep association/my player mode!!!

Wtf 2k.

Edit: Fuck it I'm sticking with 2k this year. Oh well lose lose situation :(

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Dark FaZe said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougidX-HFfM&feature=channel

This video is scaring the shit out of me and it's happened numerous times in the demo. The cpu is rarely scoring on me by themselves but my guys are constantly in the stupidest positions ever or allowing insta score post positions every trip down the lane.

2k10 may be broken.

The off ball defense is just atrocious.

That was nothing like what I played on the demo. The offensive A.I. seemed like a bigger problem for me.
Had a two on one advantage on a fast break & my CPU teammate just wandered off court, before finally turning back & ruining my chance for a easy layup.

Dark FaZe said:
Okay but mostly shit.

I don't want to make the switch and leave behind a full league and a deep association/my player mode!!!

Wtf 2k.

Edit: Fuck it I'm sticking with 2k this year. Oh well lose lose situation :(

Should've listened to the founding fathers!

Lotta negativity in here, but it seems on the OS forums, aside from all the dumb things like framerate and free throw issues that are getting patched, the game is pretty solid. Online may be a different story. Waiting to see how that pans out before deciding on which game to get this year.

CartridgeBlower said:
Lotta negativity in here, but it seems on the OS forums, aside from all the dumb things like framerate and free throw issues that are getting patched, the game is pretty solid. Online may be a different story. Waiting to see how that pans out before deciding on which game to get this year.
more oxygen for the fire.

kevin harlan keeps talking about how michael beasley was a #1 pick. dynamic play-by-play my ass.:lol

damn straight.

edit: more bullshit...

tyrus thomas just jumped from the free throw line went through chalmers and did a back to the basket alley oop. incredible

ATTENTION TO ALL INTERESTED IN TEAMUP AKA CREW MODE (MY PLAYER)

If you look at the OP, in the "My Player" section, i added a list of players interested in crew mode (teamup). this group is separate from league players. So if you are interested in playing crew mode with other gaffers using your own "My player", please post your
gaf handle, gamertag, aim, my player name and position and an invite will be sent to you in-game. Current league participants have been added to Crew list automatically.
The point of adding this section is to make Crew mode as fun and as robust as it can be. so if your in the mood to play some Team up, look at the list of crew players and contact them via xbox live, aim or post here.

Gaf handle :
Gamertag:
Aim:
My Player:
Position:

PS- league thread about to go up soon.

2k is a fucking enigma this year.

Do I stay or do I go now?...

shit man. I'm waiting for Live to have a game crashing bug or something to make this easier.

I'll decide by Sunday....or Monday

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Gaf handle : Raging Spaniard
Gamertag: Jigglyxavi
Aim: Jigglyxavi
My Player: Xavier Garcia
Position: PG

I might make another character though, since everybody is always super critical of the PG (from what Ive gathered :lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom