• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariner

Question about the Crews mode...

Let's say that 2 of my friends and I get the game, so we have 3 total. Will we still be able to do the Crews mode with 3, or will we need to get 2 more people before we can play it? I would assume that the two vacant spots would be filled with CPU players like in the EA Sports Hockey Leagues in the NHL series. I just want to be sure.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

pilonv1

Mariner said:
Question about the Crews mode...

Let's say that 2 of my friends and I get the game, so we have 3 total. Will we still be able to do the Crews mode with 3, or will we need to get 2 more people before we can play it? I would assume that the two vacant spots would be filled with CPU players like in the EA Sports Hockey Leagues in the NHL series. I just want to be sure.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Can't you use the Crew mode in the street setting for less players? Maybe I'm going crazy.

Sloegr

I'm looking forward to your impressions after you get the FG% in check. I'm a pretty casual sports game guy, but constantly shooting over 60%, let alone 80%, would drive me nuts.

Also, can you change sliders in My Player or Team Up games with friends?

Thanks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cloudy said:
What 2 teams are available besides the Bobcats? I'll probably keep them but I wanna know my options :p

You stay the fuck away from the Bobcats...

rinse82

Was able to get a game in before I left for work today.

Playing on 2K Cam, I'm seeing slowdown, but only on the camera transition after a made-basket. Once the camera completes panning, the slowdown goes away, so it doesn't really affect gameplay.

This was in the Air Canada Centre.

rinse82 said:

Playing on 2K Cam, I'm seeing slowdown, but only on the camera transition after a made-basket. Once the camera completes panning, the slowdown goes away, so it doesn't really affect gameplay.

Could you do me a favor and test some other arenas, as well as the other cameras similar to the 2K Cam like Drive, etc. when you get the chance. And if you have space for an install (if you're on 360), see if that makes a difference.

parasight

rinse82 said:

Wanna PM me the location you got it from? :D

Barrett2

Think im' gotta get this. Online leagues make it worth it. Are the T-Wolves still available?

Also, where are you guys finding this?

I come bearing some bad, yet unsurprising, news on the online front.

After spending some hours messing around in 2K10's online world, it's the same ol' shit sundae right now. Not only do the same gameplay exploits work that i've detailed already, the connection issues remain. Even with only 300 people online, games kept randomly disconnecting and the lag was awful at times. Come Oct. 6th, it's really going to be nuts when thousands of users flood these fragile servers.

Also it's been about a 50/50 ratio when it comes to slowdown issues in different arenas. Anytime the paint gets busy, the game has a hard time keeping up on Broadcast camera. With the 2K or Side cams, it's even worse. :-/

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:

After spending some hours messing around in 2K10's online world, it's the same ol' shit sundae right now. Not only do the same gameplay exploits work that i've detailed already, the connection issues remain. Even with only 300 people online, games kept randomly disconnecting and the lag was awful at times. Come Oct. 6th, it's really going to be nuts when thousands of users flood these fragile servers.

Also it's been about a 50/50 ratio when it comes to slowdown issues in different arenas. Anytime the paint gets busy, the game has a hard time keeping up on Broadcast camera. With the 2K or Side cams, it's even worse. :-/

the fuck man.

not too worried about the cheesers. as i mentioned before i only play in our leagues now. but the slowdown with the cams is shit.

Shawnwhann said:

After spending some hours messing around in 2K10's online world, it's the same ol' shit sundae right now. Not only do the same gameplay exploits work that i've detailed already, the connection issues remain.
Even with only 300 people online, games kept randomly disconnecting and the lag was awful at times. Come Oct. 6th, it's really going to be nuts when thousands of users flood these fragile servers.

n5q6i8.jpg

Nightz

I think I'll give up my spot in this league and join the Live league. I'm still getting both games, but I'd rather have the online performance of Live. Association mode for 2K will be awesome though.

Yeah it sucks. I'm not how well my iPhone's video application can capture the frame rate issues, but I can try to make a video if folks are interested in seeing the slowdown in action.

Nightz said:
I think I'll give up my spot in this league and join the Live league. I'm still getting both games, but I'd rather have the online performance of Live. Association mode for 2K will be awesome though.
done.
witness2k9, welcome to season 9.

HiResDes

Shawnwhann said:

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Tried capturing some videos showing off the slowdown, but the iPhone's average video cam can't output 60fps video, so you don't see any slowdown issues in the videos themselves. Weird how that works.

Capturing some Association Videos showing off the depth, options and menus right now. This is all I can do until later tonight.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
What the fuck mayne.

Well how is team up? Please tell me its playable this year!

un-ranked teamup is broken according to the OS crew.

ranked teamup is fine--you can't choose who you play with in ranked

SMH @ the framerate dips. Unreal. I can't believe there's stuttering in a sports title in 2009. Severely disappointed that they didn't clear that up.

charsace

Shawnwhann said:

20k9ope.gif

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
The news about the lag is obviously disappointing. Hopefully this is a Day 1 patch that they already have submitted, and not something that we're waiting weeks after release for.

Hey anachronous didn't you say I could defend a jumpshot while on the move by holding down on the right analog on D? I haven't seen this. I can stand completely still with both hands up but I can't run up to a player with my hands up.

Anyone have any freaking clue why 2kSports did not include a Demo this week for PS3? This is absolutely awful.

I have no idea what they are thinking, especially with Live getting some hype because of a DEMO, but no 2k10 demo.

I mean, I am hearing about some gameplay slowdown and framerate stutters (which a producer of the game on the OS forums said would be fixed on the official release date), but I want to see that stuff for my self considering how people make stuff up anymore.

I am really having a hard time buying this game without the demo, and I am buying an NBA Game this Tuesday, no matter what. Just stinks.

Sorry, had to vent, and you guys have always been cool to me in this thread.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Net_Wrecker said:
SMH @ the framerate dips. Unreal. I can't believe there's stuttering in a sports title in 2009. Severely disappointed that they didn't clear that up.

I'll give you the ol PR line 2K sports always gives out when a game is released:

"A patch is on the way!"

Every fucking year it's the same ol bullshit. Then the patch is released a month AFTER the game is released. Said patch will probably fix gameplay issues which you won't notice unless you reset all your settings. So if you start a season before the patch, you'll have to restart it because the season settings are locked to what you had when you started it. This has happened the last 3 years.

Last year's game was fucking awful because if you played any of the playground modes, those setting, which included unlimited fouling, carried over to your season mode even if it was in progress. Worst part was even if you went in to fix the settings, it didn't work! I didn't noticed until 30 games in. It was no patch to fix it. The only fix was to delete your files and completely start over.

For the first time in 9 years, I'm not touching 2K until the bugs are fixed.

At this point, all 3 "sim" basketball offerings are piss poor to me.

Where's my Inside Drive?!

I was playing heat-bulls in AAA and it slowed down almost every possession.

I have yet to play the online games but ... yeah...broken online according to Shawn...there's the 2k we know and love!

3rdamention said:
Anyone have any freaking clue why 2kSports did not include a Demo this week for PS3? This is absolutely awful.
Is Sony still on their "once a week" update schedule"?

I've seen some people saying 7pm E.T. tonight but that seems to be unconfirmed.

speculawyer said:
Here is some review from a random site. I don't know how much faith I would put in it . . .

http://franchiseplay.net/REVIEWNBA2K10.html

Hey says:

"Nothing beyond a few light jitters interrupted game-play." when referring to online play.

However, that is not what we are hearing in this thread. Also, that could be the worst designed site I have seen in the past 5 years. Seriously, I have 6th Graders that make websites better than that. I mean, pictures are popping up all over the place, it is organized awful. I know it isn't your site or your fault, but I could hardly look at it. The site looked like a PowerPoint Slide.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Dark FaZe said:
Hey anachronous didn't you say I could defend a jumpshot while on the move by holding down on the right analog on D? I haven't seen this. I can stand completely still with both hands up but I can't run up to a player with my hands up.
Yeah, I haven't played the demo in a couple days, but I'm sure that's how I was doing it. I'll fire it back up in a bit and try it again --- or maybe Shawn can verify with his retail copy?

Also, 2K just announced that the PS3 demo won't be out until Oct. 8th. LAME.

3rdamention said:
However, that is not what we are hearing in this thread. Also, that could be the worst designed site I have seen in the past 5 years. Seriously, I have 6th Graders that make websites better than that. I mean, pictures are popping up all over the place, it is organized awful. I know it isn't your site or your fault, but I could hardly look at it. The site looked like a PowerPoint Slide.
:lol I totally agree . . . obnoxious red/black/white with big font in a narrow column. I was getting a headache trying to read it.

Mrbob

This is nba age.gif

mrbob2k1 (1:08:25 PM): so i heard you are quitting 2k10
mrbob2k1 (1:08:29 PM): so i can have the heat?
PHEENIKZ (1:08:37 PM): you didn't hear that
PHEENIKZ (1:08:40 PM): that's a fucking lie
mrbob2k1 (1:08:43 PM): i did hear it
mrbob2k1 (1:08:51 PM): so i'll take them thanks
PHEENIKZ (1:08:52 PM): well, whoever told you that is full of shit
PHEENIKZ (1:08:55 PM): and no, you can't have them
PHEENIKZ(1:08:56 PM): so stfu
mrbob2k1 (1:09:02 PM): we'll see
PHEENIKZ (1:09:08 PM): im avegt
PHEENIKZ (1:09:09 PM): a vet
PHEENIKZ (1:09:11 PM): an nba vet
PHEENIKZ (1:09:11 PM): you are not
PHEENIKZ(1:09:13 PM): i am a heat fan
PHEENIKZ (1:09:14 PM): you are not
PHEENIKZs (1:09:19 PM): end of discussion
PHEENIKZ (1:09:59 PM): actually...fine
PHEENIKZ (1:10:01 PM): you wanna play me for the heat
PHEENIKZ (1:10:02 PM): go for it
PHEENIKZ (1:10:09 PM): i'll make sure you enjoy this series.
mrbob2k1 (1:11:33 PM): game on then!

Playing for the heat confirmed!

ph33nix said:
the: i changed my mind

thanks for including that part you fuck. i'm not playing you for the heat and i don't have to
oh yes you are. mr.bob is a recognized vet. if he challenges you, you have to play him.

speculawyer said:
Hmm . . .

The league professor seems to think otherwise. :D

I love the soap operas of the trash talking. :D
this is just a glimpse. the trash talking gets on another plateau once season starts.
why aren't you interested in joining, spec?

btw, possible league banner?
w852zo.png

Bob you're a fucking dick. You're just picking the Heat to fuck with me.

Fine, if I indeed do have to play you, I'm going to try my hardest to make this the most unpleasant 3 game series you've ever dealt with. And considering my last 2k game was game 7 to DCX I think you have me at the worst time.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
This is nba age.gif

mrbob2k1 (1:08:25 PM): so i heard you are quitting 2k10
mrbob2k1 (1:08:29 PM): so i can have the heat?
PHEENIKZ (1:08:37 PM): you didn't hear that
PHEENIKZ (1:08:40 PM): that's a fucking lie
mrbob2k1 (1:08:43 PM): i did hear it
mrbob2k1 (1:08:51 PM): so i'll take them thanks
PHEENIKZ (1:08:52 PM): well, whoever told you that is full of shit
PHEENIKZ (1:08:55 PM): and no, you can't have them
PHEENIKZ(1:08:56 PM): so stfu
mrbob2k1 (1:09:02 PM): we'll see
PHEENIKZ (1:09:08 PM): im avegt
PHEENIKZ (1:09:09 PM): a vet
PHEENIKZ (1:09:11 PM): an nba vet
PHEENIKZ (1:09:11 PM): you are not
PHEENIKZ(1:09:13 PM): i am a heat fan
PHEENIKZ (1:09:14 PM): you are not
PHEENIKZs (1:09:19 PM): end of discussion
PHEENIKZ (1:09:59 PM): actually...fine
PHEENIKZ (1:10:01 PM): you wanna play me for the heat
PHEENIKZ (1:10:02 PM): go for it
PHEENIKZ (1:10:09 PM): i'll make sure you enjoy this series.
mrbob2k1 (1:11:33 PM): game on then!

Playing for the heat confirmed!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

viakado is in charge of personell decisions! handle up kado!

btw..if kado has my banner finished by tonight i'll go ahead with the league thread.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix said:
Bob you're a fucking dick. You're just picking the Heat to fuck with me.

Fine, if I indeed do have to play you, I'm going to try my hardest to make this the most unpleasant 3 game series you've ever dealt with. And considering my last 2k game was game 7 to DCX I think you have me at the worst time.

Bob knows he has no chance of beating you so that's why he's fucking with you. Hell Bob has hardly a chance of beating anyone.

This isn't Madden where he has a TE on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom