• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
DY_nasty said:
Is anyone else seeing guys player ratings drop after they get an increase from development drills?

I was working on Lawson's shooting then his player rating all of a sudden plummeted.
Yes. Game's a mess.

just got word that you'll still most likely be able to keep your original myplayer after the patch. so the rumours that you'll have to create a new myplayer is false.
so good news i suppose.
keep developing your myplayer!

edit:
for all crew participants whom are using their myplayer for crew games, i've tried my best to link your myplayer to the crew list in the OP. if you're my player name doesn't link to your myplayer page, either you haven't created a myplayer yet, or you haven't created a 2ksports account yet, or you haven't linked your 2ksports account to your gamertag.

here's the crew list. my player name links to his myplayer page.
Code:
(xbox 360 players) Team name: GAF Thuggery[U]
[B]Gaf handle            Gamertag          Aim              My Player        Position
[/B][/U]                              
chaoticprout          chaoticprout      chaoticprout     [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=20170"]Michael Montazeri[/URL]PG
ecnal                 slashdc5          lanceleahy       [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=102013"]Lance Leahy[/URL]      PF
raging spaniard       Jigglyxavi        Jigglyxavi       Xavier Garcia    PG
Shawnwhann            Professa Skillz   professaskillset [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=50013"]S."S" Supertramp[/URL] PG
smokey                dboythaGr8        dboythagr8
pheeniks              pheeniks
dark faze             Phatal FaZe       OoTiMeRzoO       Hiro Akiyama     SF
rinse82               RINSE82                            [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=3909"]Kevin Liu[/URL]        SG
cb3                   ColdBlooded33     thecoldone33     [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=46367"]John Huerta[/URL]      PF
viakado               viakado           viakado          [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=54007"]Jeremiah Viakado[/URL] PG
Truelize              Truelize          truelize         [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=45656"]Ryder Lees[/URL]       C
charsace              charsace                                            SG
kirby                 FiveRing                           [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=57981"]Jamaal Shareef[/URL]   SF
bhhawks78             bhhawks78  
DCX                   DCX gaf           DreamcastKC      [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=18003"]Carlos Miranda[/URL]   SF
FMT                   FrenchMov
RS4                   Pinbacker                          [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=83938"]- J[/URL]              SF 
DiddyBop              ussjme
anachronous_one       Anachronous One
Takuan                For No Raisin                                       PG,SF
aznpxdd               aznpxdd           aznpxdd          [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=8374"]Deltron Zero[/URL]     PF           
Ephemeris             Ephemeris Zero   
Matrix                matrixadw     
DMczaf                DMczaf            dmczafx23
konex (Cloudy)        Cloud2k           Konex2k4         Johnny Blaze     SG  
WITNESS2K9            HEY LOW 2                          [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=62875"]Big Aristotle[/URL]    C   
parasight             Paralock                           [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=44802"]Earl Oliveros[/URL]    SF
lawblob               lawblob                                             PF
Sol..                 AFridgeToFar                                        PF/C
rjcc                  Rjcc                               [URL="http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=4701"]Emmanuel Rancati[/URL] PF

NeoGIF

Rodeo Clown said:
Just skim over this thread at OS:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/365139-official-2k-bugs-glitches-thread.html

It's really disappointing how unpolished the game is.

You figure with this being the BIG 2K anniversary and all, one would imagine that VC would've went out with a bang on this one, aiming to make it the best out of the series. Nope, instead they released a rushed product. The more I play it, the more I wonder if they even tested the game before shipping it.

depward

Quick question about the Crew mode:

How many people are needed to actual play a game? For example, I guess a similar game mode would be NHL's club play. You can have two people and have CPUs fill in the rest. What about the Crew mode?

depward said:
Quick question about the Crew mode:

How many people are needed to actual play a game? For example, I guess a similar game mode would be NHL's club play. You can have two people and have CPUs fill in the rest. What about the Crew mode?
2 minimum. the other 3 are cpu assisted. you can also choose to use your own myplayer or actual nba players. but unlike EA style where there are several rooms to choose from, there's a central locker room. within the locker room, there's two tables. the top one is "starting 5" and the other is "bench players".
the starting 5 are slated to play the initial game. once the starting 5 leaves for their game, the bench players are then moved to the starting position. who ever enters the room first has control on when to launch a game. the general manager or team captains (which are assigned by the GM) can choose who goes on the starting lineup and/or who goes to the bench.

Barrett2

Played a little today. Regular games feel janky and not very fun. I've been playing 2K bball games for years, I don't remember being unable to steal passes or having half my passes stolen in past years. Guess I have to fiddle with the sliders.

I am really enjoying the player career mode thing. My point guard had a rough first summer league game, but came back strong his second game. Pretty cool.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Association D-League is fucked. You can only send down 2 players EVER apparently. Can't use development drills to improve players and when you fantasy draft the new player salaries make trading fucking impossible at times.

2k is lucky this is the first time they've released a janked game. Live did this to me for 4 years, so I'll give 2k the benefit of the doubt and let them patch this a couple of times to get things back on track.

In the meantime, this shit is sitting on the shelf.

Fatalah

DY_nasty said:
2k is lucky this is the first time they've released a janked game.

MLB2K6Jeter360boxart_160w.jpg
1167768482.jpg
mlb2k8_360_fob_011boxart_160w.jpg
Mlb2k9.jpg

notlolwutpearuw5_2.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Fatalah said:
<MLB bashing>

:lol :lol :lol
Yeah . . . MLB 2K6 was a mess. 2K7 was a bit better and pretty good after a mid-season patch. I think TTWO should buy BlueCastle games (Makers of The Bigs) and let them make MLB 2Kn. Let VC concentrate on NBA 2Kn and NHL 2Kn . . . and NFL 2Kn when they get back into the license! :D

mike0513

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Association D-League is fucked. You can only send down 2 players EVER apparently. Can't use development drills to improve players and when you fantasy draft the new player salaries make trading fucking impossible at times.

2k is lucky this is the first time they've released a janked game. Live did this to me for 4 years, so I'll give 2k the benefit of the doubt and let them patch this a couple of times to get things back on track.

At least whats nice about this is that most (if not all) the problems in this years game can be fixed through a patch.

Fatalah

Future said:
After reading through that, will not be purchasing. Sounds like some pretty game breaking bugs :(

Are any of you going to switch to Live this year? I'm leaning towards getting it... but it's always been a laughable option to the 2K-heads. What's the story?

mike0513

Banned
Fatalah said:
Are any of you going to switch to Live this year? I'm leaning towards getting it... but it's always been a laughable option to the 2K-heads. What's the story?
I cant imagine enjoying a perfect live much more than i am a seriously flawed 2k. :lol

The frame-rate issues aside, why the fucking fuck does: the AI comp call a screen EVERY SINGLE PLAY then my idiot AI teammates get fooled by a screen EVERY SINGLE PLAY

mike0513

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
The frame-rate issues aside, why the fucking fuck does: the AI comp call a screen EVERY SINGLE PLAY then my idiot AI teammates get fooled by a screen EVERY SINGLE PLAY
This, and why does my head coach call a time out every time we have the ball *my player mode* when we are up like 20 points at the end of a game

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DY_nasty said:

they didn't fix this?? Once they started updating ratings last year salaries went WAY up!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Works for the Jazz

I know 2K announced a patch in a week an a half but I can hardly play this game, if I make a pass half court the frame rate just shuts down completely. So pathetic and frustrating, I might just Craigslist it.

benjipwns

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Ok, so I still haven't purchased the PC version, but it seems that for many of you the game just is too messed up. Do you recommend waiting some more?
PC doesn't have the framerate issue if your PC is good enough (and even less if you enable the multi-threading) but it has all the rest of the bugs and wonky online.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Fatalah said:
Next year, maybe. They need a much better Franchise mode for me.

Fatalah said:

After today yes, I'm waiting until it's on sale though- paying full price already for a basketball game with issues was tiresome enough.

pilonv1

Rodeo Clown said:
Next year, maybe. They need a much better Franchise mode for me.

And decent simmed stats to go with it.

I think next year I'll sit out till December. I should have waited two months with Madden to find out it's not what I wanted

rjcc

rjcc said:
up to a 57 , still in the nbdl, I've been getting a's and a-'s recently but it took about 20 games before I got good enough to better than a B with any regularity, so my average teammate grade is still stuck at B. kinda hoping I don't get called up before the end of the season so I can get my stats up more.

now a 68, got called up to the pistons in mid-march. I'm actually a decent player now, about as good as kwame brown, albeit 3 inches shorter. of course - that results in me being given 6th man type minutes, taking a lot of minutes away from ben wallace and jason maxiell, who I'm not better than.

still, i'm holding my own in the nba, tho I got worked in my first game, it was the cavs and I was on lebron most the time. #fail.

DY_nasty

Fatalah said:
NBA Live has pissed me off since Live 2003 and on. I gave up after 2007. I've never been so pissed off with a series ever. Fuck Live and its deliriously broken products that they forced down everyone's throats year after year.

But I forgive 2k. This is their first time doing me dirty. This game was clearly rushed and most of its faults are fixable.

I'm still kind of pissed that the game is so broken that I can't play it all for a week though... I live for Franchise modes in sports games. This year's is pretty cool too. Just can't convince myself to put up with all these problems.

DY_nasty

charsace is bitter as hell, you'd think he went out in the first round or something...

charsace

DY_nasty said:
charsace is bitter as hell, you'd think he went out in the first round or something...
Last time I played 2k it was a semifinal playoff game and I got raped in the last second by 2k bullshit. I don't understand why they made the "break the double team carry dribble" so easy to do, but they did. After 2k9 I lost all hope that 2k would really fix anything in this series and I was right. They've released a fucking mess.

DY_nasty

charsace said:
Last time I played 2k it was a semifinal playoff game and I got raped in the last second by 2k bullshit. I don't understand why they made the "break the double team carry dribble" so easy to do, but they did. After 2k9 I lost all hope that 2k would really fix anything in this series and I was right. They've released a fucking mess.
charsace
aka pheeknicks
(Today, 12:50 AM)
Reply | Quote

pilonv1 said:
he's to blame for the shitty QA? thats really main problems here.

Seriously. I think it's pathetic that people think all the bugs and errors are because a designer left the team. That's the most laughable statement I've ever seen.

Assemble!

WHA????

I'm in the middle of a season, and I have my Pistons all geared up financially to get Lebron in the offseason, then....

BAM.

All of the sudden, my starting center and backup center have maxed out 3-point ratings????????

MAXED OUT. How could this possibly happen? My starting center is Shaq and he's not set one foot outside the paint in the season. So I take him to the shooting drill and he's sinking three pointers like he's freaking Kapono.

I waited all year for this?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
chaoticprout said:
Seriously. I think it's pathetic that people think all the bugs and errors are because a designer left the team. That's the most laughable statement I've ever seen.

Neogaf members think they know how a game is made, news at 11

DY_nasty

Assemble! said:
WHA????

I'm in the middle of a season, and I have my Pistons all geared up financially to get Lebron in the offseason, then....

BAM.

All of the sudden, my starting center and backup center have maxed out 3-point ratings????????

MAXED OUT. How could this possibly happen? My starting center is Shaq and he's not set one foot outside the paint in the season. So I take him to the shooting drill and he's sinking three pointers like he's freaking Kapono.

UGGGGH

I just want to be able to love this game.

LiquidJin

Banned

I've turned this 'feature' into a mini game of Russian Roulette, because I gave up on trying to hedge with the screener's man or fighting through.

When the screen comes I switch to another defender not guarding any player involved in the screen and use him to cut off the lane. Moving him even slightly causes my whole team to rotate (almost always such that the deadliest guy from 3 is left wide the fuck open and only one pass away).

The fun is when I pick the right defender such that the rotation works like it should and everyone is covered but the weakest link. Sounds sensible but trust me, the rotation doesn't seem to account for the fact that Andrew Bynum 20 ft away doesn't need to be rotated to.

So, it's a little bit like shooting craps. Because the payoff when they do it right is beautiful. And the chance that something from that play makes it in my pressbook is exhilirating.

Too bad they make you upload every single photo. Seriously, WTF is up with that?

Mrbob

Assemble! said:
WHA????

BAM.

:lol

anddo0

Finally got to play the PS3 demo.. Great demo, saved me $60. The demo gave me the reassurance I needed. I haven't purchased the game, and don't plan to thanks to the demo. It looks and plays like NBA2k9. The player movement is sluggish and unresponsive etc.. Looks like no b-ball for me this year. Live sure as hell isn't getting my money.

Sports games (with the exception of MLB: The Show) have been a letdown this gen. I don't play NHL, soccer or Tiger Woods (though I like Hot Shots) I've decided to stay on the sidelines for the rest of the current gen with basketball and football games. I'm trough throwing away money. I'll sit out well into next gen if I have to. The engines they build these games on are fundamentally flawed. Hopefully by next gen EA and 2K get their acts together.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
anddo0 said:
Finally got to play the PS3 demo.. Great demo, saved me $60. The demo gave me the reassurance I needed. I haven't purchased the game, and don't plan to thanks to the demo. It looks and plays like NBA2k9. The player movement is sluggish and unresponsive etc.. Looks like no b-ball for me this year. Live sure as hell isn't getting my money.

Sports games (with the exception of MLB: The Show) have been a letdown this gen. I don't play NHL, soccer or Tiger Woods (though I like Hot Shots) I've decided to stay on the sidelines for the rest of the current gen with basketball and football games. I'm trough throwing away money. I'll sit out well into next gen if I have to. The engines they build these games on are fundamentally flawed. Hopefully by next gen EA and 2K get their acts together.

You must be fun at parties

benjipwns

Banned
chaoticprout said:
Especially since he left before 2K9 IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom