• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopping on occasionally for matches and the occasional failed attempt at team up but I'm very happy with association right now :D

My sliders are godly and I finally made use of the in game save feature today before heading out. Was in the middle of the second quarter and the transition back into the game was flawless. There is no reason not to run 12 minute quarters in association anymore. Was beating the Nuggets by 8 and J.R Smith decided to go on one of his shooting runs and I lost by 7 :(. Mayo has been awful in my first 2 games with like 25% shooting but in the Nugz game I erupted with him for 47 points in a losing effort :(

Randolphs fat ass is on the trading block for missing clutch 3's and I should try to ship Marcs ass out also for giving up 18 rebounds to Nene which lost me the game!!!

Once I boot up My Player again (although trying to avoid the glitch) I think I'll be able to enjoy the hell out of the game with very little online play until the patch is released. IF they ever get the servers rocking its on.

pilonv1

Raging Spaniard said:
Have you played in an arena with audience/fans yet? I was slowdown free until then.

Yeah some D-League only stuff. Get a half second of slowdown on an inbounds pass after a made basket by my opponents, but that's it.

Bii

Played three quick games offline and the framerate issue is starting to get to me. I think I'll wait for a patch before I start off my Season run. The framerate really fucks up my free throws. And the only bug I've ran into so far was when the game zoomed in on the opposing coach and stayed there for about three minutes straight before I decided to call a timeout to resume play.

Yea I missed a couple of layups due to lag and burned two timeouts in the 4th quarter due to frame rate lag with the lights not turning. Since I lost basically by 4 (the next few points were free foul shots) I got fucking screwed :(

2k :(

The problem is that as interesting as Live looks purely for online I can't imagine giving it any serious burn for association.

Cloudy said:
Faze, want a game? I think I've finally perfected my PnR defense :D

Sure....hopefully I don't get d/c like last time. I don't have a router right now and am using a long wonky Ethernet cord that my parents frequently trip over :O!

Cloudy

Banned
pilonv1 said:
I'm not noticing any frame issues yet, but I've only been playing My Player witht the 2k cam.

The main thing that's annoying me to no end (besides the server issues, but that's not game related) is not having any of my settings auto-save and not being able to change ANY settings in My Player.

Otherwise everything else is great.

Hmm, I use 2k view as well. I remember now, I didn't like 2k9 because it didn't have this view :lol

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, I would strongly suggest we get rid of the switch-always rule on defense. They added the "who to guard" feature for a reason!

It's almost impossible to guard the fast PGs who can also shoot if you're manually matching up on every pass (from what I've played so far) :lol

pilonv1

Cloudy said:
Hmm, I use 2k view as well. I remember now, I didn't like 2k9 because it didn't have this view :lol

2k Cam was in 2k9. It wasn't available for online initially though. They patched it in later.

I'm still upset they took auto flip off High camera two years ago, it was my favourite.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
How can you not at least see the framerate issues in the paint? I hardly ever notice this stuff either, but this you can't help but notice.

You must have a super special copy no one else does.

Yeah I'm usually immune to framerate issues in games too. At launch I bought Need For Speed: Most Wanted and everyone online was ripping the framerate. Game looked perfect to me. But right now I can't play NBA2k10. I see framerate issues everywhere. And with that framerate comes button lag.

On the shelf until they fix it.

At least I can work on the achievements in NBA Live. :)

Good games man. Some bogus glitches...lmao. DJ running towards the mascot and punching at him in the middle of play?! Geralds completed dunk followed by double clutch layup make?

:lol

HoTHiTTeR

I finally got into some D-League games in "My Player" Mode tonight and I couldn't bare it. being on the floor w/ the crowd around you + the transparent backboard makes the game chug so badly that I can't play D.

Sigh. Back to association mode.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh I need this patch to be good. I've been playing a lot of Live and the more I play of this game the more I want my NBA2k.

I was messing with sliders just to get a couple of achievements and even with the sliders turned to zero teams can still hit 3s with a hand in their face.
Might not seem like a big issue, but if you are playing association/franchise mode and you are finding that other teams shooting percentages are too high you could have some issues tweaking them to your liking.

pilonv1

Played GS @ PHO from NBA Today with Playmakers sliders from OS.

Biggest issue for me is trying to stay in front of people, especially someone like Nash. You can't cheat or overplay at all or you get burned consistently. Also feels like as the defender I'm constantly at a disadvantage in terms of changing direction, even more so than I should be.

Other than that there's no real complaints that couldn't be fixed with sliders or a patch.

Cloudy

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Some of you guys are tripping waaaaaay too hard.

Yes, 2k is not the best with servers. Yes, there are problems. But soooooo many games these days have similar problems, that I think 2k deserves more than 48 hours to fix the issues. If a week or two goes by and online is still junk, then we can all keep up with the screaming and yelling.

And the all the stuff about the game being unfinished...really? My copy seems finished. With a few slider adjustments this is the best playing 2k game yet. Lots of people are saying this on the OS boards. Unfortunately some of it is getting lost with all the posts about server and framerate issues. Which are valid, if you're experiencing those. I'm playing on PS3, though, and I haven't had a single frame rate problem. So maybe that's coloring my opinion.

Lot of awesome new features in this game, though. Loving NBA Today. Really cool seeing the real life overlays and commentary. There's so much potential for this in the future.

I'm with you, man. Just a little work with the help defense settings make the game great and head to head online play is fine 90% of the time.

That said, I'm not condoning an unpolished release but get a grip, people! They've acknowledged the problems and promised fixes. My biggest gripe right now is with the online settings and how some things don't stick so you have to set them up before every game.

ps: These same whiners cry every year while excusing Live's faults :p

Played GS @ PHO from NBA Today with Playmakers sliders from OS.

Biggest issue for me is trying to stay in front of people, especially someone like Nash. You can't cheat or overplay at all or you get burned consistently. Also feels like as the defender I'm constantly at a disadvantage in terms of changing direction, even more so than I should be.

Other than that there's no real complaints that couldn't be fixed with sliders or a patch.

With those guys, you have to either play them 100% manually and stay with them even when they pass off or guard other players even when they have the ball. They will kill you with lob passes otherwise :lol

rjcc

why no james worthy glasses or rip hamilton facemasks for created players? sure everyone just gets lasik nowadays but c'mon, not on an nbdl salary.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Does "My Player" mode feel too ... scripted to anybody? Im a PG playing for the Mad Ants right now, playing my ass off and I dont even start. Most of the game the coach puts me in at SG which is all fine and good, but even though Im getting good ratings and great numbers, Im still warming the bench ... I feel the computer wants me to go trough all the motions in order to go to the NBA regardless of level of play.

Or, the computer will always defer to the players with higher averages? Im kicking peoples asses, but since my guy is a 47 overall and the rest of the team are mid to high 50's it seems like Im always out of the picture.

Also, the 2k analyst sucks. Cant tell me to stop turning the ball over when I had 0 turnovers you fuck. It would be nice to know what the computer thinks the parameters for success are.

aznpxdd

Chaotic made the Lakers.

I got cut from Lakers' training camp on my 4th game. :(

I'm gonna pick up 2k10 on PC for association alone.

I've seen a lot of variation Spaniard. I made the Lakers after doing well in training camps. A few buddies of mine got cut during various training camps.

My cousin actually got cut during the Summer Circuit and got sent straight to DLeague.

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Compared to other games it's actually not bad (other than the game breaking glitch =/)

Once they fix My Player mode I'm going to be playing it SO damn much.

rjcc

chaoticprout said:
I've seen a lot of variation Spaniard. I made the Lakers after doing well in training camps. A few buddies of mine got cut during various training camps.

My cousin actually got cut during the Summer Circuit and got sent straight to DLeague.

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Compared to other games it's actually not bad (other than the game breaking glitch =/)

Once they fix My Player mode I'm going to be playing it SO damn much.

he got cut before the summer circuit finished? rough.

the only really wonky thing is how it plays you wayyyy too much and leaves you in late in the game. I end up playing nearly all the 4th quarter, and I'm the worst rated player on the team, but minutes wise I'm basically a 6th man.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wish the games were a bit longer. I'm told that you can change the length of the games but only if you do it in the NBA Combine XBLA game. Well that's just stupid. So if I've gone through that and I'm into the summer leagues I would have to start over from scratch to adjust game length?
Tell me that isn't true?

pilonv1

Truelize said:
I wish the games were a bit longer. I'm told that you can change the length of the games but only if you do it in the NBA Combine XBLA game. Well that's just stupid. So if I've gone through that and I'm into the summer leagues I would have to start over from scratch to adjust game length?
Tell me that isn't true?

All true until the patch I presume.

Attention season 9 players
Decisive games and sign-in date has been postponed.
Of course we'll give you ample time to practice with your team before league starts.
right now, our league is in limbo until the patch is released.

LovingSteam said:
How do you guys enjoy 2k10 compared to 2k9?

I haven't played yet, but the PC version is much improved. Last year had no online--this year we're feature complete with the consoles.

I'm mostly looking forward to My Player (or whatever it's called). I like Association mode as well, so there's lots there to do of course.

NBA Today should be a fun mode for one off games away from Association.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I haven't played a basketball game since like NBA 2k3 on the GCN, but for only £12.99 I bought it right away.

aznpxdd

Some PC screens for you guys. Darn tinypics resized these from 1920x1200.

14w3ac8.jpg

23vaio9.jpg

s4t1yr.jpg

aznpxdd said:
Some PC screens for you guys. Darn tinypics resized these from 1920x1200.

Thanks man. I would really love to see 2K and EA create a new engine specifically for their NBA games although I understand it wouldn't be cost efficient. However, looking at games that truly take advantage of this generations hardware (both console and PC), it appears that the NBA games simply don't match up. I am not saying they look bad but just not as smooth as I would have expected. Never the less, with sports games it usually is about the gameplay so oh well.

lawblob said:
How soon is a patch supposed to hit? Trying to decide if it's worth buying this tomorow..
no specific date but "a few weeks" by 2k admins we're said.
that was announced last week. so basically near the end of the month.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can't wait until my version gets here... just shipped yesterday!

aznpxdd

viakado said:
no specific date but "a few weeks" by 2k admins we're said.
that was announced last week. so basically near the end of the month.

Oh it turns out there is crew mode in PC version. Its just under another menu.

Viva la PC if the patch don't fix anything.

aznpxdd said:
Oh it turns out there is crew mode in PC version. Its just under another menu.

Viva la PC if the patch don't fix anything.

I am waiting until the verdict of bugs in the PC before picking it up. I really hope if it does have bugs that a patch will be released with the console version. I just don't have confidence any batch will arrive :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I was playing association and did a shooting drill with Nick Young. He was rated 66 before, but after I passed, he dropped to a 61. Is this a known thing?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Just got picked by the Jazz on a 10 day contract! "My Player" mode is buggy, and its annoying as shit that I cant fix sliders or change game length (never gonna score 30+ a game this way!), but the RPG aspect of it is phenomenal. After being in the D-League surrounded by idiots and making it to the NBA all of a sudden I'm getting starstruck by playing next to Deron Williams :D which is pretty cool.

rjcc

Raging Spaniard said:
Just got picked by the Jazz on a 10 day contract! "My Player" mode is buggy, and its annoying as shit that I cant fix sliders or change game length (never gonna score 30+ a game this way!), but the RPG aspect of it is phenomenal. After being in the D-League surrounded by idiots and making it to the NBA all of a sudden I'm getting starstruck by playing next to Deron Williams :D which is pretty cool.

what's your guy rated?

Raging Spaniard

rjcc said:
what's your guy rated?

Just 50, Ive had a hard time determining what raises my average, but after seeing how players like CP3 and Nash are rated Ive been doing better.

rjcc

Raging Spaniard said:
Just 50, Ive had a hard time determining what raises my average, but after seeing how players like CP3 and Nash are rated Ive been doing better.

how high is your teammate grade, etc? I think my teammate average is around B, I've got my rating up to 53 though. definitely need to check other players to see where my numbers should be

still shows 49 on the site, not my most recent stats

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=4701

Frawdder

LovingSteam said:
I am waiting until the verdict of bugs in the PC before picking it up. I really hope if it does have bugs that a patch will be released with the console version. I just don't have confidence any batch will arrive :(
This is what I'm worried about as well. I'd much rather pick up the PC version for $US20 instead of $AUS89 for the PS3 version.

Raging Spaniard

rjcc said:
how high is your teammate grade, etc? I think my teammate average is around B, I've got my rating up to 53 though. definitely need to check other players to see where my numbers should be

still shows 49 on the site, not my most recent stats

http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=4701

My teammate average is A- right now, scoring is around 16, 3 asists, 45% fg and a pretty shitty 3pt average, like 11 :lol My position is PG. After 15 or so games in the D-League I finally became the starter and 2 games after that, I got the Jazz contract

aznpxdd

Wat, you are averaging 16 ppg? Damn. My PF is in his 4th game of D-League (haven't been playing much due to stupid framerate problems) but he's only average 6 points/6 rebounds. :(

pilonv1

Raging Spaniard said:

Hope it's not like me where my 50 OVR rated PG subbed out Chris Paul after 1 minute and ended up playing 35 mins in his first NBA game. Paul played 31 mins btw.

I was 12th on the depth chart, behind Darren Collison and Chucky Atkins yet being given 34mins in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom