• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played the PS3 demo, I can't fucking stand these awful menus. They look cheap as hell, it seems like its been like that for the 2K series for years. Didn't help that the demo wasn't fun at all and only 1 quarter, come on. :lol

Ron2kAdmin said:
The patch is a ways off guys. They want to make it as packed as possible, and it has to pass through cert and first parties. It will take a while for that to happen.

2yuds74.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This is not how you celebrate a 10th year anniversary, unless you're aiming for divorce.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
This is not how you celebrate a 10th year anniversary, unless you're aiming for divorce.

But hey, people who were fumbducks and paid $100 for a Collectors Edition got a LOCKER!!!

and....uh....access to the VIP Room!

Going rate seems to be 45 bucks on Craigslist and Ebay boys!!!

If you get that much for it consider yourselves lucky!

I'm going to see what my options are.

got a message from a 2k designer about the patch...

[22:35] viakado: the 2k boat is sinking fast
[22:35] 2k: seems promising..
[22:35] viakado: thats you're answer?
[22:35] viakado: wtf
[22:35] 2k: nah
[22:35] 2k: lol
[22:36] viakado: well, what's the answer.
[22:36] 2k: Ok..heres the deal.
[22:36] viakado: give us hope
[22:37] 2k: Friday..
[22:37] 2k: We are gonna release a list of things fixed
[22:38] 2k: We fixed a shit ton
[22:38] 2k: Now..
[22:38] viakado: sure you did
[22:38] viakado: fuck 2k
[22:38] viakado: you mean patch on friday?
[22:38] 2k: No..
[22:39] 2k: but we still haven't run the changes through the patch program
[22:39] 2k: so, even if we fixed a million things
[22:39] 2k: until the patch program spits out a patch under 4mb
[22:39] viakado: hmm
[22:39] 2k: We only get 4mb!
[22:39] viakado: lovely
[22:39] viakado: that should fix everything
[22:39] viakado: role my fucking eye
[22:40] 2k: Yea i know that sucks...
[22:40] 2k: Cause you know MS only allows one free patch

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
But hey, people who were fumbducks and paid $100 for a Collectors Edition got a LOCKER!!!

and....uh....access to the VIP Room!

:lol

Glares at the only fumbduck he knows *Konex*

Did you just have a aim convo with a retarded 2k bot?

Do you think they would delay releasing the PC patch till the console patches are out, even though it doesn't require any certification? I was thinking about buying this on Steam because I haven't played a basketball game since NBA Action '97 or something and wanted to try this one out, but now I'm thinking that buying DoW II might be the better option.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
viakado said:
got a message from a 2k designer about the patch...

Two things:

[22:35] viakado: thats you're answer?

AUGH

and:

WTF

ecnal said:
2K really doesn't give a fuck, wow.
Well . . . I'm pretty sure they give a fuck. Their means of making a living literally depends on it. But yeah, they are certainly not fulfilling consumer expectations right now.

viakado said:
[22:39] 2k: We only get 4mb!
That is annoying. But I guess MS realizes that hdd space is a valuable commodity . . . and they keep it that way with their ridiculously over-priced hdds.

viakado said:
Well, FFS, PAY FOR ANOTHER ONE IF YOU NEED IT! You are gonna fuck yourself over if you alienate your fans by not fixing the issues. Pay for that patch now in order to keep people interested in the series for next year.

rjcc

speculawyer said:
That is annoying. But I guess MS realizes that hdd space is a valuable commodity . . . and they keep it that way with their ridiculously over-priced hdds.

Well, FFS, PAY FOR ANOTHER ONE IF YOU NEED IT! You are gonna fuck yourself over if you alienate your fans by not fixing the issues. Pay for that patch now in order to keep people interested in the series for next year.

patches have to work for people without hdd's too

Am i the only one that thinks this game is awesome besides the flaws?

To me it's better than 2k9, specially because of my player mode. Online is where most of the problems are, but this game it's not what this thread is making you believe.

It's still way better than Live, even with the improvments on EA part.

Why so much hate?

Future

seattle6418 said:
Am i the only one that thinks this game is awesome besides the flaws?

To me it's better than 2k9, specially because of my player mode. Online is where most of the problems are, but this game it's not what this thread is making you believe.

It's still way better than Live, even with the improvments on EA part.

Why so much hate?

You arent seeing the glitches? Its not even about gameplay preferences at this point. Game is glitchy as hell

Nightz

Ugh, I told myself I would leave this on my shelf and play Live until the patch hits. I love My Player and can't wait to get back into it, but it looks like this'll be on the shelf for a while. :(

a 2k admin has asked our crew to help out in some beta testing.
most likely today because i took off work today.
who wants in? holla!
we'll need at least 5 people for this.
should be at least interesting.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
who wants in? holla!
I'll be down, what time?

DCX

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
thx, chaotic.
also i would like to remind its ample opportunity to bitch and rant at 2k employees directly. :lol

dont know, sometime between now and 6pm pst.
i'll be ready to roll by 6pm est

rjcc

viakado said:
who wants in? holla!

I'm down, what time?

viakado said:
who wants in? holla!

Way to work for free guys :lol

I like how they were asking the community to find bugs for them and report back on it. We just paid upwards of 65 dollars on this thing and we're supposed to QC for them???

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
kirbybreezy said:

I like how they were asking the community to find bugs for them and report back on it. We just paid upwards of 65 dollars on this thing and we're supposed to QC for them???

That is quite insulting. Something is really wrong over at 2K.

rjcc

kirbybreezy said:

you're right, I should just bitch about the problems I have with the game instead of being a part of making it better....wait what?

viakado said:
who wants in? holla!
I'm pleased to hear 2K taking this issue very seriously.

I've already mailed my copy off to my nephew. I'm just not into basketball.

I played a game and then simmed a whole season. I was pissed to learn that there are no achievements for winning the championship. :lol

rjcc said:
you're right, I should just bitch about the problems I have with the game instead of being a part of making it better....wait what?

If this had been before the game had released, and/or they were asking the community for their input on game modes, additional features etc. that's all well and good.

This is different. This is something that they pay their employees to do. But when you release a product to me and I pay for it and when a major feature doesn't work and you say "I'm stumped" as to how to fix it...What sense would it make to further invest your time with it?

rjcc

kirbybreezy said:
If this had been before the game had released, and/or they were asking the community for their input on game modes, additional features etc. that's all well and good.

This is different. This is something that they pay their employees to do. But when you release a product to me and I pay for it and when a major feature doesn't work and you say "I'm stumped" as to how to fix it...What sense would it make to further invest your time with it?

Because I like playing the game. If I play the game, I would obviously want the game to be as good as it can be. It's not a really difficult logical leap...unless you're obsessed with pointless bitching. Griping about what doesn't work and why is one thing, being ridiculously illogical about "unpaid work" is retarded.

holy shit, we got a game going.
fuck yes.
apparently, if everyone chooses not to use your myplayer prior to entering the lockerroom, the game will start.
nice lil trick til the patch comes out:lol

viakado said:
holy shit, we got a game going.
fuck yes.
apparently, if everyone chooses not to use your myplayer prior to entering the lockerroom, the game will start.
nice lil trick til the patch comes out:lol

Can you still chose them afterwards?

ecnal

rjcc said:
Because I like playing the game. If I play the game, I would obviously want the game to be as good as it can be. It's not a really difficult logical leap...unless you're obsessed with pointless bitching. Griping about what doesn't work and why is one thing, being ridiculously illogical about "unpaid work" is retarded.

maybe this logical leap isn't too difficult; consumers who purchase 60 dollar games shouldn't be the one's asked to help ensure that X bug is closed/open.

Cheesin motherfuckers!

Dude dropped 57 on us with a center was like like 8 feet tall with like 99 strength and close range/dunking.

He was also their best freethrow shooter!

We kept it in single digits for a bit but he blew the gates open with lead pass in the 4th :(

rjcc

ecnal said:
maybe this logical leap isn't too difficult; consumers who purchase 60 dollar games shouldn't be the one's asked to help ensure that X bug is closed/open.

yes, don't ask the customer if it's right....wait, what? It doesn't take a very smart person to realize the flaw in your argument and fix it, but you'll keep going down this silly path.

rjcc said:
yes, don't ask the customer if it's right....wait, what? It doesn't take a very smart person to realize the flaw in your argument and fix it, but you'll keep going down this silly path.
are you gonna play?
i noticed you're not part of the crew yet.
im pretty sure i sent you an invitation.

rjcc

viakado said:
are you gonna play?
i noticed you're not part of the crew yet.
im pretty sure i sent you an invitation.

I can't get on for another hour or so but I'll accept once i'm on, or can I do it on the 2k site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom