• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecnal

Dark FaZe said:
With the roster the Rockets are rocking I doubt even Smokey can make a trade this year.

yao is currently on the starting 5 for the rockets in 2K10.

he'll be put on the IR list with the first roster update, but, assuming leagues work like they have forever, that means yao will be playable in online seasons.

meaning the rockets in 2K10 aren't really that bad... unless, of course, they actually fixed yao (which i doubt they have).

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
With the roster the Rockets are rocking I doubt even Smokey can make a trade this year.

I see there are a few who doubt my trade power! You fool! And besides...

Brooks
Tracy
Ariza
Scola
Yao

Landry off bench

That's all i need bro.

It's been a busy day so I'm going to play a bit of catchup. First of all PIP (Points in Paint) are in this league for a reason, as my fellow league buddies have explained.. That rule isn't going anywhere. I don't care how it "should" be or how it is in the League according to some website, in this league there will be a PIP limit. End of discussion.

Moving on. Only 1 person can have the Lakers. I'm hoping that this doesn't become too big of an issue and hold the league up. It seems like viakado has already handled that part, but still...there are other squads in the game too..

Trades. See, trades have been an interesting topic in our previous leagues. For the past 3 seasons I opened all trade lanes. Free market, sell! sell! sell!, buy! buy! buy!. Some people like it, some people don't. So for this season I'll implement some kind of trade rule (which is still in the works) so that the trading is a bit more realistic. Call it the viakado rule.

Other than that I'll be making the league thread sometime within the next few days. Hopefully when Shawn gets his copy in a few days he can help me out and let me know if any settings have changed for 2k10 and we can go from there.

And Judgement Day is tomorrow! Don't have a pussy like pheeniks! Stay up and download that shit!

Smokey said:
I see there are a few who doubt my trade power! You fool! And besides...

Brooks
Tracy
Ariza
Scola
Yao

Landry off bench

That's all i need bro.

It's been a busy day so I'm going to play a bit of catchup. First of all PIP (Points in Paint) are in this league for a reason, as my fellow league buddies have explained.. That rule isn't going anywhere. I don't care how it "should" be or how it is in the League according to some website, in this league there will be a PIP limit. End of discussion.

Moving on. Only 1 person can have the Lakers. I'm hoping that this doesn't become too big of an issue and hold the league up. It seems like viakado has already handled that part, but still...there are other squads in the game too..

Trades. See, trades have been an interesting topic in our previous leagues. For the past 3 seasons I opened all trade lanes. Free market, sell! sell! sell!, buy! buy! buy!. Some people like it, some people don't. So for this season I'll implement some kind of trade rule (which is still in the works) so that the trading is a bit more realistic. Call it the viakado rule.

Other than that I'll be making the league thread sometime within the next few days. Hopefully when Shawn gets his copy in a few days he can help me out and let me know if any settings have changed for 2k10 and we can go from there.

And Judgement Day is tomorrow! Don't have a pussy like pheeniks! Stay up and download that shit!
bitch.

mexpak

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow although 4 min is such a small offering.

viakado said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf0P7vC7BUM
start watching at 4:48. tell me arenas didn't just pass through david lee like a damn ghost.:lol
lmao.
classic 2k basketball right there.

You should probably go back and tend to the Live 10 thread. It's on life support as it is, without *some* attention it'll be buried in the abyss of the internet before its even released :(

aznpxdd

Haters gonna hate.

mexpak said:
You should probably go back and tend to the Live 10 thread. It's on life support as it is, without *some* attention it'll be buried in the abyss of the internet before its even released :(

He can't leave this thread or he gets banned. :lol

DEADLINE DATE FOR DECISIVE GAMES is OCT 13th
meaning decisive games on who gets the lakers, heat, celtics, etc have to be completed by OCT 13th at 12:01am PST. All players should be assigned to a team by oct. 13th. if any decisive games are not finalized by then, the commisioner will default you to a team.

DEADLINE DATE TO SIGN-IN AND ACCEPT YOUR TEAM IS OCT. 16TH
meaning, you must have the game and be officially signed in the league By Oct. 16th at 12:01am PST.
Failure to be signed-in by that date forfeits your right to your team and also your place in league.

Official Season 9 League launches on OCT. 20th 2009

let's get this show on the road!

[20:45] Cerrius: by Oct. 13th? poor pheeniks, he won't have anytime to prepare for me. This might be a quick 2 wins.
[20:45] viakado: please allow me to post that
[20:45] Cerrius: k
[20:46] viakado: thank you sir
[20:46] Cerrius: i mean it tho

shots fired.:lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
aznpxdd said:
He can't leave this thread or he gets banned. :lol

Are you a bad enough dude to troll your own thread?

Smokey

viakado said:
[20:45] Cerrius: by Oct. 13th? poor pheeniks, he won't have anytime to prepare for me. This might be a quick 2 wins.
[20:45] viakado: please allow me to post that
[20:45] Cerrius: k
[20:46] viakado: thank you sir
[20:46] Cerrius: i mean it tho

shots fired.:lol

Blackace said:
Are you a bad enough dude to troll your own thread

HOLY SHIT 2 SHOTS FIRED

gun.jpg

gun.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:

Well done. Trades is a big deal in the league and the agreement out of the gate needs to be that trades need to be realistic. I'm sure we will lay down some rules that still allow everyone to have fun.
I tried to rule trades with an iron fist last year and I know it created a lot of tension so I will go with the flow more this year.

My biggest worry is having 10 new guys in the league. You rooks better be committed to playing your games and doing your best to learn the rules and follow them.
Seriously. If you don't think you will be able to get your games done it causes all kinds of headaches finding replacements and simming your games.
This could be the best league we have ever had or we could wind up with only 18 of the 30 teams actually playing their games.

If you are committed to playing this game simulation Gaf style then roll with us.
It's a blast.

News flash: Monta Ellis today told the media that he can't play with Stephen Curry. They can't both be there, it just wont work. Trade Stephen Curry to the Cavs...... solution provided. :D

Truelize said:
Well done. Trades is a big deal in the league and the agreement out of the gate needs to be that trades need to be realistic. I'm sure we will lay down some rules that still allow everyone to have fun.
I tried to rule trades with an iron fist last year and I know it created a lot of tension so I will go with the flow more this year.

My biggest worry is having 10 new guys in the league. You rooks better be committed to playing your games and doing your best to learn the rules and follow them.
Seriously. If you don't think you will be able to get your games done it causes all kinds of headaches finding replacements and simming your games.
This could be the best league we have ever had or we could wind up with only 18 of the 30 teams actually playing their games.

If you are committed to playing this game simulation Gaf style then roll with us.
It's a blast.

News flash: Monta Ellis today told the media that he can't play with Stephen Curry. They can't both be there, it just wont work. Trade Stephen Curry to the Cavs...... solution provided. :D

Yo Kado, put the Cavs as my main backup squad. I think that'll get True rooting for me to in that Lakers tourney! :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:
Yo Kado, put the Cavs as my main backup squad. I think that'll get True rooting for me to in that Lakers tourney! :D

Jerk. :D
But sorry dude my seniority is solid. Cavs go no where.

pilonv1

Truelize said:

As GM of FMT's team I'm nixing any trades to Cleveland.

Smokey

Truelize said:

this.

this

this

DiddyBop said:
i doubt all will commit, but if they do:D. hopefully most of these new cats didnt graduated from the Isiah Thomas school of General Management. i know smokey will out on the prowl for the weak ones:lol

that's what we're going to have VOTES for from now on, so fucking shit like raja bell for mike redd and brent barry for allen iverson doesn't happen

our commish has no morals. tsk tsk

and :lol :lol :lol at the "oh and passing the ball through wasn't in the live demo?"

you guy sat there and fucking shat on live for that. it happens in 2k and 2k gets a pass even though absolutely EVERYTHING in the videos we've seen has shown ZERO improvement from last year

some of you are so easy to get buttfucked by 2k. i can't wait to hear the non stop bitching about how awful 2k10 is

Smokey

ph33nix said:
that's what we're going to have VOTES for from now on, so fucking shit like raja bell for mike redd and brent barry for allen iverson doesn't happen

and :lol :lol :lol at the "oh and passing the ball through wasn't in the live demo?"

you guy sat there and fucking shat on live for that. it happens in 2k and 2k gets a pass even though absolutely EVERYTHING in the videos we've seen has shown ZERO improvement from last year

some of you are so easy to get buttfucked by 2k. i can't wait to hear the non stop bitching about how awful 2k10 is

pheeniks2.jpg

pilonv1

ph33nix said:

I'm offering my services as an independant DAVID STERN for the league. none of that shit will happen on my watch

ph33nix said:

but i thought 2k9 was the best basketball game ever. im afraid if they fix the problems i will suck balls.

p.s. can someone trade matt carroll to me? MC needs to get his touches!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ecnal said:
best reply ever.

mandatory heatbench.jpg

INTRODUCING THE HEATBENCH EMOTE!

heatbench_emote.png
heatbench_emote.png
heatbench_emote.png

Now I need to make it a gif of smoke coming out of Beasleys mouth and well be all set

Ephemeris

Put me down for going at Truelize for the Cavs. :lol

Either that or playing
DCX
, but I'd probably run the team into the ground.

Ephemeris said:
Put me down for going at Truelize for the Cavs. :lol

Either that or playing
DCX
, but I'd probably run the team into the ground.
fool, why didn't you declare a team? plus you can't pick the cavs or knicks.
now your #31. meaning you're on a waiting list if someone bails.
that or if we get enough peeps to run a 2nd league.

speculawyer said:
Man, this is trash talk central. I'm guessing there will be a lot of videos posted once the games begin.

It is kind of a cool feature:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=56150
lulz, 2k-age, the most dysfunctional clique in all of gaf.
plus, lol at you playing nhl2k10.
sorry dude, but i can't help but laugh at that

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ph33nix said:
shit i can't wait for the heat to beat the knicks opening night so i can get rid of this fucking thing :lol

Hey it was made with love, the original was much uglier

The commentary fucking SUUUUUUUCKS. It is slightly improved, but Clark Kellog still says HORRIBLE HORRIBLE shit. Cheryl Miller also sounds so unnatural and bad. Who the fuck at 2k thinks that sounds AT ALL like a TV broadcast?

newsguy

Since this is the official thread, did anyone else know this was coming out on PSP? I was looking at the platforms and I guess this is the first year they're putting it on Wii/PSP. I did see some pics and it looks like ass, but if it animates and plays anything like the console versions it could be a sports game worth checking out on the PSP.

Ephemeris

viakado said:
fool, why didn't you declare a team? plus you can't pick the cavs or knicks.
now your #31. meaning you're on a waiting list if someone bails.
that or if we get enough peeps to run a 2nd league.
fffffffffffff. And I had the window open at the time too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom