• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyprimus2

TheMissingLink said:
As someone who adored 2k6 and 2k7, this is the same game. Same game!!

Take the left stick, hold down a trigger, and wiggle it around for "isomotion"- and watch your player glide on one foot around.

Then watch a "Slam Cam" shake from a thunderous dunk on the other side of the court!

Same weird floating jerseys.

Who uses the right stick for shot, seriously?

The controls feel so sluggish this year that I can't even perform the move I want to do!

It was only a matter of time, 2k. Complacency has taken its toll and you've been de-thefuck-throned.
I was hoping someone would say something like this.

I was just playing around in 2k8 and it feels like NBA Jam compared to 2k10 in the way that you can call an isolation with any half decent player and just take it to the rack like they're MJ himself. Not to mention 2k8 looking last genish in terms of graphics and presentation.

nyprimus2 said:
In the at least 10 times I played the demo I didn't get dunked on once where it wasn't something like a fast break or where the Magic got an offensive rebound and were wide open for it. I just back up my players even when they go for the pick and roll and force the outside shot which I would say they made less then half the time. Unless it was Rashard Lewis it pretty much never went in, maybe if it was Vince it would go in but it would probably require him to hit a shot before that to get a little momentum going. Jameer Nelson with his little 3 point logo was throwing up some major bricks from three land.

side note: Ben Wallace might work his way into the starting lineup with that A+ Post D and A- Rebounding.

http://nba-2k.com/nba-2k10-screenshots-team-players-ratings/
LOL, how are the Lakers rated 91 on D, 90 on O, but still only 88 overall while the Celtics are 90 on D, 88 on O, and also an 88 overall? :lol :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
is it bad that I beat the CPU in the quarter as the Magic 34-0? 2K didn't change shit with the AI. Want an easy steal? After you miss a shot just hang around the other team's PG. The CPU will toss it to the PG after a couple of seconds. Press the steal button at the right time and it's an easy dunk.

Future

Some immediate pet peeves were fixed from 2k9

-Contact Hop step animations. Doing a hop step in a crowd bumps into other players and can even cause a charge
-CPU Kobe sizing up his man in triple threat and doing a jumpshot in my face from midrange
-Players have to get a little closer to the basket and have a clearer path before starting long ass layup animations
-Feels like there is more room on the court
-CPU moves the ball on offense more efficiently
-Turbo meter definitely encourages less usage
-Double team is 1000 times better. Now you dont feel locked in and can interrupt quickly
-Lock on D a little easier to control
-My teammates no longer stand directly under the basket like idiots on the fast break
-Crowd looks and sounds more alive

I think thats enough to warrant a purchase. With sliders, this should end up being a better game of bball than 2k9. On the negative side, Isomotion still not that intuitive and the shot stick still seems inprecise. Post game seemed a little cleaner, but still tough to know your options and how to execute without reading a tutorial.

benjipwns

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
LOL, how are the Lakers rated 91 on D, 90 on O, but still only 88 overall while the Celtics are 90 on D, 88 on O, and also an 88 overall? :lol :lol
I'm assuming that the overalls are not calculated simply by O+D considering there are also things like speed, jumping, etc.

In this case, the team ratings are derived from probably just adding up/averaging/etc. the player ratings and comparing it to the rest of the teams. Then a scale is used to redistribute the overall ratings leaving the legends teams at 99.

rinse82

I just watched some Hall of Fame difficulty-level gameplay on youtube b/w the Knicks & Grizzlies.

Knicks (CPU) shot 82% from the field at the half, with David Lee crossing Z-Bo over repeatedly.

Good times.

The cpu on HOF has been shooting 65-80 percent for years now.

The higher percentages are good for 5m quarters or so. But I can see why some may want it lowered for longer games, if that's what you like.

From a wider perspective, gamers aren't looking for 45-40 after 20 minutes of play. But yea. SS and HOF usually have higher percentages for the cpu.

Lee with his Kenny Anderson handle. That may need some work, 2k.

Future

Cant judge things like shot % from videos unfortunately. In 2k9 I was getting very realistic shot % with adjusted sliders. Even though its a sim, the sliders you want are probably too hardcore for the basic dude buying this game and wanting to have fun.

Future said:
Even though its the sliders you want are probably too hardcore for the basic dude buying this game and wanting to have fun.

Yep, but the message board crowd refuses to accept it.

Just set up "very tight" and "in the post", for your Double/Pressure settings. Cpu also.

*******one spot opened up.********
cerrius bailed for live10. congrats pheeniks, you'll finally get you're beloved heat.
next person to post expressing interest gets final spot.

Smokey

viakado said:
cerrius bailed for live10. congrats pheeniks, you'll finally get you're beloved heat.

what a chump

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
Thank gawd ... no offense to cerrius. It was just CRAAAAZY getting lit up by Beasley from mid-range/three, playing against him! :D

anachronous_one said:
Thank gawd ... no offense to cerrius. It was just CRAAAAZY getting lit up by Beasley from mid-range/three, playing against him! :D
responses to cerrius exploding for 71 with beasecheese:

ecnal said:
holy shit beasley w/ 71!?!

pheeniks said:
how do you average 48 points a game in a series with mike beasley and still lose? do you guys realize that beasley scored 71 points in a game? WTF?
mrbob said:
71 with beascheese jesus.

DCX said:
71 points? sim league my ass!

thx to ecnal for the searches btw.:lol

The date has been pushed back to Friday for 2K with my LA spots, but I've made the decision that I will not be buying it based off the demo and retail videos coming out of YouTube. I've signed up for a Gamefly account last night, and that'll be the resource I'll use to cop 2K10 on a "try before I buy" basis.

On a shittier note, Live 10's early release is panning out to be Monday at the moment. Very weird considering that I got last year's version nearly two weeks before launch... :(

Birdman02

viakado said:

Someone buy the game for me, so I can play!! :(

I'll be rooting for whoever ends up with my Mavs!!

Pick a damn side!

Make it seem like Live reinvented basketball with 12ft rims in Live 10.

This isn't a goddamn action game. Its a basketball game with tweaks, like they all are.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
So, wait --- Smokey and Viakado --- when a vet declares they are bailing on 2K10, and their slot/team opens up and then is given away, what happens if they change their mind and want back in after both games hit retail? Playoff between the vet and the person slotted to take their spot? Or does the new person simply get bumped/booted?

charsace

You all need to STFU. I am mostly likely going to play in both leagues and if I do I will win both of them. I only wander what new meat I will run out of the 2k league first.

anachronous_one said:
So, wait --- Smokey and Viakado --- when a vet declares they are bailing on 2K10, and their slot/team opens up and then is given away, what happens if they change their mind and want back in after both games hit retail? Playoff between the vet and the person slotted to take their spot? Or does the new person simply get bumped/booted?
any player, vet or rook that bails out loses their spot. new person will not get booted if a vet decides to return. a vet loses their priviledge if they bail.

edit: to answer your other question, the person taking cerrius spot will be a rookie, so therefore can't challenge a vet for a team, in this case the heat.

ecnal

charsace said:
You all need to STFU. I am mostly likely going to play in both leagues and if I do I will win both of them. I only wander what new meat I will run out of the 2k league first.

heatbench_emote.png

charsace said:

:lol :lol :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
OMG!!! 2K HAVE SEUNG JIN HA RATED THE SAME OVERALL AS EA RATED HERBERT HILL!
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
BOTH OF THESE GAMES CAN ROT IN HELL!

Seriously, though --- aside from a few glaring differences (Nash vs Rondo, and 2K having Brook Lopez as a top 5 center), and the fact that 2K ratings seem generally 1-3 points lower than Live's, it seems like both dev teams basically agree. I couldn't care less about ratings, as long as the end result of the sub-ratings results in something CLOSE to an accurate representation of the real player.

Dark FaZe said:
Is there any competitive live footage on the internet anywhere? How is anybody supposed to trust this shit.

Nobody has Live 10 yet, including the PastaPadre' and OperationSports' of the world. Marcus Stephenson (Live 10 Producer) mentioned that copies should be delivered today, but we'll have to wait until this afternoon for impressions, if the game's arrive today.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ecnal said:
http://i37.tinypic.com/ercx8k.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

sorry dude
it is what it is
at the end of the day, I've given more daggers to GAF players than I care to remember.

ecnal

jobber said:
sorry dude
it is what it is
at the end of the day, I've given more daggers to GAF players than I care to remember.

i took bargnani, marcus banks, and a host of other craptors to the finals (mind you after i traded cb4).

i think with the likes of tp, manu, td, rj, mcdyess, etc i'll be fine.

you should probably pay attention to the league, it'll be the furthest any spurs team--virtual or not--goes this season.

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Nobody has Live 10 yet, including the PastaPadre' and OperationSports' of the world. Marcus Stephenson (Live 10 Producer) mentioned that copies should be delivered today, but we'll have to wait until this afternoon for impressions, if the game's arrive today.

Well my north jersey spot says Fri now. While a spot in Philly tells me tomorrow.

Who fuckin knows.

Oh boy, am I a troll when my first impression is that the slowdown chugs on nearly every possession in Quicken Loans Arena suck ass?!?

:goes back to 2K10:

Fire away with questions boys....

Shawnwhann said:
Oh boy, am I a troll when my first impression is that the slowdown chugs on nearly every possession in Quicken Loans Arena suck ass?!?

:goes back to 2K10:

Fire away with questions boys....

Sooooo...it sucks?

parasight

If you guys still have that vacant spot, I'd gladly join. I'm not picky with my teams, so I'll take whatever I can get. Let me know.

GT: Paralock

parasight said:
If you guys still have that vacant spot, I'd gladly join. I'm not picky with my teams, so I'll take whatever I can get. Let me know.

GT: Paralock
congrats. you represent the 30th team. you will be assigned a team later on.
any other players wishing to join league will be in a waiting list. and if enough players, a 2nd league will be formed.

Edit:
League thread should open up later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom