• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Game is fun but I haven't played an NBA game since around Live 05 or something like that. I have no clue how to play :lol The Jordan stuff seems awesome though.

Wizman23

Banned
Picked this up yesterday and was thrilled to see that 2K completely fucked up the Cavs new court. Blue is not even a color in the new color scheme yet it is blasted all over the court. Also whoever was the artist that did the Mark Price model needs to find a new line of work. It is fucking AWFUL. Other then 2K shitting on the Cavs (lot of that going on this past Summer) the game is fantastic.

Ran into this awesome moment in the commentary during my association, I had traded Joel Przybilla for Charlie Villanueva and the commentator made a comment in the game how the Pistons had signed Villanueva to a big contract but it just didn't work out in the end. That's amazing that it recognized he had been traded.

DCX

DCX
Wizman23 said:
Picked this up yesterday and was thrilled to see that 2K completely fucked up the Cavs new court. Blue is not even a color in the new color scheme yet it is blasted all over the court. Also whoever was the artist that did the Mark Price model needs to find a new line of work. It is fucking AWFUL. Other then 2K shitting on the Cavs (lot of that going on this past Summer) the game is fantastic.
Take note, that they get court designs from the NBA themselves, or the teams themselves. They have a deadline to get them. If a team changes colors, logos, or designs by then...2k is screwed.

DCX

which difficulty should I play on when I get it tomorrow. I not played a basketball game since 2k5 so this all new to me again.

I want it to be competitive still. Also can you have the CPU choose the plays for you or is everything manual?

marathonfool said:
Did 2K screw up the PS3 version like usual or is it better this year?

PS3 version is fine, graphics are better than the demo I feel.

kobashi100 said:
which difficulty should I play on when I get it tomorrow. I not played a basketball game since 2k5 so this all new to me again.

I want it to be competitive still. Also can you have the CPU choose the plays for you or is everything manual?

Go with Rookie or Pro, the game kicks your ass if you don't know what you're doing. Learn plays in practice mode.

Vestal

Ok encountered 2 bugs last night when i got home.

First for some reason my Profile was not saved from earlier so my Jordan challenges were reset(had to do em over).

Second When doing the Arrival Challenge, towards the end of the game the CPU started going into a Sub loop for my team.. Every deadball or when I had possesion it would try and sub Paxon and Corazin between each other no matter which of the two was on the court.. OVER AND OVER and OVER it was pretty annoying.

That second bug is not really earth breaking, u can just turn off autosub.

Further impressions.

The Arrival is basically the closest this game gets to an Arcade MODE. I mean Jordan is too fast, and too unstopable down in the paint.

Fathers Day: WOW.. Toughest challenge ive done so far. Getting the 9 rebounds wasn't very easy when you have Dennis Rodman in the paint. HE IS A Rebounding VACUUM!

Rodmans shot animation is AWESOME. Down to the T.

Kukocs shot animation is accurate, however his release should be a bit higher on the shot. He usually did put some lift on his jumpshots.

kobashi100 said:

superstar.
i do believe hall of fame is too complex for the rookies, right pheeniks?

Really unsure of whether to get this or Elite. I haven't played a basketball game since SNES but I've really been into the NBA the last few years so I want to get a basketball game this year. Unsure of which to get though. Sucked terribly at both demos.

Nightz

ToyMachine228 said:
Really unsure of whether to get this or Elite. I haven't played a basketball game since SNES but I've really been into the NBA the last few years so I want to get a basketball game this year. Unsure of which to get though. Sucked terribly at both demos.
EA made your decision a lot easier this year. :lol

Nabs

Phloxy said:
So are the PC problems true, with the fudged up models and whatnot?
seems like people jumped the gun on that, but we won't know until we get a proper comparison. i'll be glad to take screenshots of the pc version in a bit if anyone wants to help compare.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ooooh, I may get this for PC since it is half price and I probably will only play this offline....tempting....need impressions!!

DCX

DCX
ToyMachine228 said:
It got cancelled bro, where you been? lol

DCX

RBH

ToyMachine228 said:
:lol

So I made a my player character again, played one game and then quit.

I don't feel like doing this all over again, it's like the same experience formula. They can't actually want us to do that every year.

ecnal

Vestal said:
Yeah its turbo+b.. I just did it a few minutes ago.

weird

1196k9x.jpg

also, anyone looking for the full control manual, it's here:

http://www.2ksports.com/manual/nba2k11/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
thatsracist.gif

viakado said:
Your observational skills are racist

:lol Jerks

They look the same in the game. Similar builds. Not enough of a height and weight difference in the game for it to be very noticeable at a glance.

And... the shoes really are sad in this game. I know it's been said before but wow, there is less than 30 pairs of shoes total in this game if you don't include the Jordans that unlock as you play.

Chrange

Banned
Just had my first glitch - should really put PAGING BIGKABOOM on that - in a game with the Lakers vs Celtics. Doubleteamed as Kobe I did a jab left and spun right into a fadeaway from 15 feet or so. Garnett goaltends it against the glass and it cuts to the Slam Cam and the announcers act like Kobe just slammed it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Vestal said:
Ok encountered 2 bugs last night when i got home.

First for some reason my Profile was not saved from earlier so my Jordan challenges were reset(had to do em over).
The game doesn't seem to kick the autosave in for changes until you try to go and do something else. To be safe, I've always manually forced a save in the main menu for something like option settings just to make sure it kicks in at some point. I've done this with sports games for well over a decade after being burned by it in the past, once games started juggling multiple save files.

Vestal

XiaNaphryz said:
The game doesn't seem to kick the autosave in for changes until you try to go and do something else. To be safe, I've always manually forced a save in the main menu for something like option settings just to make sure it kicks in at some point. I've done this with sports games for well over a decade after being burned by it in the past, once games started juggling multiple save files.

Oh since I saw it happen I manually force Profile saves after each challenge now.. To be on the safe side.. Pisses me off though since I had done the Shrug yesterday with hardly any trouble.. Went to do it today and Drexler was ON FIRE

SamuraiX-

Anybody have any info concerning when 2K will come out with a more thorough update for the rosters? I'm guessing in two or three weeks when the actual season starts... :(

Just bugging me that I'm missing two players who have guaranteed contracts with the team, yet I have one player on the roster who doesn't even have a contract.

charsace

One thing I still like more about live 10 is the total control you have over the iso system. In live you have control over the stationary crossovers. In 2k11 they are still auto with the ability to cancel out of them into crossover step back dribbles, etc. I was hoping 2k would give you total control over the iso this year.

ecnal

charsace said:
One thing I still like more about live 10 is the total control you have over the iso system. In live you have control over the stationary crossovers. In 2k11 they are still auto with the ability to cancel out of them into crossover step back dribbles, etc. I was hoping 2k would give you total control over the iso this year.

ya, woulda been nice.

might be an issue with the engine at this point because it sounds like 2K still doesn't have any foot planting technology--sounds like they actually write the foot movements for each individual animation.

could be wrong on that though.

charsace

DevelopmentArrested said:
so this is definetely worth picking up this year?
i don't wanna get buttfucked like nba 2k10 last year
Yes. A lot of things have been fixed. Passing and getting by someone with iso is much harder this year. When passing the ball now you really have to be careful, especially entry passes into the post. Fronting actually means something this year. Cross court passes will get knocked down half the time too.

Vestal

Anarchistry said:
holy shit:lol :lol :lol

edit- any tipes on the jordan challenges? i'm having a tough time doing any of them

for the double nickel use 32 punch alot.. Its easy to fire over starks or when Harper is guarding jordan.

For arrival, just ram the ball down the paint, push the ball with MJ since he is so fast in this challenge that he outruns most of the defense.

OH BTW.. in Arrival hold down LT and move away from the defender, he does the epic between the legs animation that he did against bird in that game.

For fathers day.. Wow I just tried to stay with hawkins as much as possible and then crash the boards with MJ.... If necessary get Rodman out of the game because he is a rebound vacuum.

For the shrug.. Play deny defense on Drexler, and try to do some screens for MJ to get some spacing for the 3s.. Id suggest getting a couple of close jumpers and penetrations first to get him hot.

For badboys.. just destroy them..

EDIT: Using 32 punch.. some times try and fake a pass with Pippen to Jordan, the defender will sometimes bite and u can just Alley-Opp it in to MJ

ecnal

pilonv1 said:
So am I missing something or can you not pivot out of the post with your dribble like you could last year

you mean like you pass the ball to a guy who is posted up, you then want to pivot out and face up the defender/back out of the post?

pretty sure it's still just the left stick away from the basket/defender.

I hate how long plays take to get going. It took fucking 18 seconds to run a 12 punch with Parker/Ginobli. Also according to 2k11, big men can't go 2 dribbles without tripping over themselves.

Vestal

Red Blaster said:
I hate how long plays take to get going. It took fucking 18 seconds to run a 12 punch with Parker/Ginobli.

Try calling the play before getting to half court.

charsace

Red Blaster said:
I hate how long plays take to get going. It took fucking 18 seconds to run a 12 punch with Parker/Ginobli. Also according to 2k11, big men can't go 2 dribbles without tripping over themselves.
You have to call plays before you cross halfcourt just like in 2k10. I've had no problems dribbling the ball with bigmen so far. Some of the bigs can even faceup and crossover their way to the basket.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
ecnal said:
ya, woulda been nice.

might be an issue with the engine at this point because it sounds like 2K still doesn't have any foot planting technology--sounds like they actually write the foot movements for each individual animation.

could be wrong on that though.

I saw a NB2k11 vid on the 360 dashboard & the guy interviewed did say they have foot planting technology this year & were restricted on some things because of it.

Vestal said:
Try calling the play before getting to half court.

Can you do that? I thought it would only work after you crossed the half court line?

Top Bottom