• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

DiddyBop

pistolpete2940 said:
Anyone know what the slider modifications used in the league are?
you can check em out on the online league section of the game. quickness,dunking in traffic, injuries and fatigue have all been modified from their original superstar/sim setting

Smokey

good game pistol

i dunno how i feel about the turbo on the ds3..feels weird, then again i've played every 2k game on 360 sooo

DiddyBop said:
invite has been sent, can you play?

gimme 15 mins

rinse82 said:
Or we can restrict free agents to the guys that are in the "Free Agent" section on the league page. They split them between the regular FA's, and the guys available on the unused teams.
hmmm..im open to this.

Smokey said:
good game pistol

i dunno how i feel about the turbo on the ds3..feels weird, then again i've played every 2k game on 360 sooo

gimme 15 mins
welcome smokey.
rules are similar to your league with a few mods.
pip is 50% +4 grace points.
full court press is only allowed in the last 5mins of the game.

smokey's credentials have been added to the op (psn, aim)

Smokey

diddy i'm on now

viakado said:
welcome smokey.
rules are similar to your league with a few mods.
pip is 50% +4 grace points.
full court press is only allowed in the last 5mins of the game.

smokey's credentials have been added to the op (psn, aim

thanks for welcoming me with open arms pal and what do i do for paypal

pistolpete2940 said:
Question I've been meaning to ask. What happens if two non-paypal players get in the finals?
winner gets a big congrats
loser gets a big congrats for making the finals.
the pot will only be refunded back to the users if they are not returning for the next season.
if they are, their $20 stays for the next season.

SamuraiX-

So has anyone seen or heard from thauoftkidd (Magic) or Seattle6418 (Knicks)?

Also, I vote we find a new candidate for the Bulls. It just seems like borghe doesn't have time for the league right now.

SamuraiX- said:
So has anyone seen or heard from thauoftkidd (Magic) or Seattle6418 (Knicks)?

Also, I vote we find a new candidate for the Bulls. It just seems like borghe doesn't have time for the league right now.
I'm pretty sure the Knicks guy is on a trip. He said he will be back on Sunday.

DiddyBop

Just goes to show how good smokey is at this game. dude just got the game and was basically fuckin around with kidd for fun for a few critical possessions and i still only win by a hair:lol

SamuraiX- said:
Ah, ok. Sounds good then.

What does everyone else think about borghe though? Anyone else see him?
i agree, if you can't even bother to post that you're not available, the first thing i think is you dont have enough time for league play.

edit:
oh snaps, smokey lost his first game. welcome to the bigboy league son.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
Just goes to show how good smokey is at this game. dude just got the game and was basically fuckin around with kidd for fun for a few critical possessions and i still only win by a hair:lol

FUUUUUUUUUU DIRK!

i gotta get these shot releases down. you don't know how foreign this feels to me! First I'm on PS3, 2nd I've never really played with anybody besides the Rockets:lol , but that was a fun game.

You started to run away with it at the end of the 3rd, but I WAS NOT going to go out like that if I was gonna lose man. Paul Pierce fat self was killin me in the 3rd too, had to put an end to that.

And about Kidd..he's got like a 85 3pt rating so I figured why not let him throw a few up there to see if they go in:D . Prob end up costing me the game but it's all good.

GG! gotta get in the practice gym and get these releases down

DiddyBop

Smokey said:
FUUUUUUUUUU DIRK!

i gotta get these shot releases down. you don't know how foreign this feels to me! First I'm on PS3, 2nd I've never really played with anybody besides the Rockets:lol , but that was a fun game.

You started to run away with it at the end of the 3rd, but I WAS NOT going to go out like that if I was gonna lose man. Paul Pierce fat self was killin me in the 3rd too, had to put an end to that.

And about Kidd..he's got like a 85 3pt rating so I figured why not let him throw a few up there to see if they go in:D . Prob end up costing me the game but it's all good.

GG! gotta get in the practice gym and get these releases down

yea terry shouldnt have been missing some of those shots. that euro step past perkins by him in the 3rd i think was a beauty.

Smokey

I don't like having turbo on R2.

If I'm driving to the lane it's harder to use the layup modifer which is on L2. Then I have to use the right stick to determine which kind of layup I wanna do. Damn fingers bending all over the place to get that Euro step pulled off that you were talking about.

Did the Knicks play? There is a final score for one of their games.

Edit: Is it just a carry over from the league that was rebooted?

DiddyBop

johnny_park said:
Did the Knicks play? There is a final score for one of their games.

Edit: Is it just a carry over from the league that was rebooted?

auto simmed, won against him before the league was restarted. will auto assing you a win agaisnt me also when the time comes. i posted for anyone to tell me if they needed an auto win/loss in the first round.

SamuraiX-

Smokey said:
I don't like having turbo on R2.

If I'm driving to the lane it's harder to use the layup modifer which is on L2. Then I have to use the right stick to determine which kind of layup I wanna do. Damn fingers bending all over the place to get that Euro step pulled off that you were talking about.

For Eurostep all you gotta do is L2 + Right stick toward the basket, right? R2 not even required. :lol

Smokey

SamuraiX- said:
For Eurostep all you gotta do is L2 + Right stick toward the basket, right? R2 not even required. :lol
I know this.

But if you are trying to beat a defender then more than likely you are gonna use r2 for that extra speed.

Purexed

Banned
Nice, Smokey should provide a good measuring stick for how strong our league is. He virtually wins in every league he's in, and I'm sure he'll be right there at the championship series battling some unlucky soul.

Welcome Smokey!

FridaySmokey.jpg

Played the Kings last night. Once again, the Pacers couldn't hit a damn thing the first 2 quarters, these slow starts are borderline pathetic. I was down 21 in the 3rd Quarter, then Granger started taking over. I got it down to 7 with like 7 minutes left in the 4th and my team ran out of gas.

I am in serious need of a SG right now cause I am not happy with any of mine. Dunleavy has been playing his ass off right now but he is awful defensively and too slow for my liking. He is not a starting SG. I am entertaining starting him at the 4 and bringing Hansborough off the bench, even with Hansborough playing quite well right now.

Kings played well. The hit everything early, but the numbers all balanced out in the end, but getting down 20 is almost too much for the Pacers right now. It takes so much to get into the game, then I go to the bench and there is nothing.

SamuraiX-

Good game, 3rd.

Just my tip for you: don't gamble too much on defense. I felt like I was getting too many open shots at times. Always try to do man-to-man, unless you need to double a guy who's getting hot.

Although, it was weird. You kept fucking me over from running my plays. :lol Probably because your guys weren't doing man-to-man? Were you doing zone at one point?

SamuraiX-

thauoftkidd said:
im here guys im here! lol.....gonna get some games in today!

w00t!

Now we just either need to get in contact with borghe and see what's up, or just start looking for somebody now to replace his spot with the Bulls.

rinse82

3rdamention said:
Played the Kings last night. Once again, the Pacers couldn't hit a damn thing the first 2 quarters, these slow starts are borderline pathetic. I was down 21 in the 3rd Quarter, then Granger started taking over. I got it down to 7 with like 7 minutes left in the 4th and my team ran out of gas.

I am in serious need of a SG right now cause I am not happy with any of mine. Dunleavy has been playing his ass off right now but he is awful defensively and too slow for my liking. He is not a starting SG. I am entertaining starting him at the 4 and bringing Hansborough off the bench, even with Hansborough playing quite well right now.

Kings played well. The hit everything early, but the numbers all balanced out in the end, but getting down 20 is almost too much for the Pacers right now. It takes so much to get into the game, then I go to the bench and there is nothing.

i'll trade you Wade

Smokey

pistolpete2940 said:
Good game Smokey, I thought I was definitely gonna get blown out after that 1st quarter start.

gg mayne

after the first qtr for whatever reason my timing on the jumpshots went to shit and that the Center loved being out of position on multiple occasions for easy buckets

gg btothekw.

Was there a lot of lag for you? This was the first time I played where there was a lot of stuttering.

I couldn't run any of my plays because you were in zone most of the time. I just had to pass it to a guy who was in an open space and hope l could make the shot.

btothekw

johnny_park said:
gg btothekw.

Was there a lot of lag for you? This was the first time I played where there was a lot of stuttering.

I couldn't run any of my plays because you were in zone most of the time. I just had to pass it to a guy who was in an open space and hope l could make the shot.

yea sorry about the lag during the last 3 quarters, prolly my fault, family was using the internet. gg though you were killing it everywhere.

Purexed

Banned
DiddyBop said:
Big baybee aka hornets owner, can we get our game in tonight? Been trying to get at you these past few days

He's playing MW2 on PSN right now. Friend him and connect that way?

Top Bottom