• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Blablurn

Sort of.

You can actually blow teams out this year.

Last year it seemed like the CPU would just hit magic shots to keep up or go on crazy runs while you missed open layups.

The only thing like that this year is the crazy offense rebounds (which with sliders and boxing out no matter where you are (this leads to your teammates doing the same) is fixable).

totally agree with u. i was wondering when the CPU is coming rubberbanding style... but they didnt :-o

ecnal

Alright so I've gone back and have a preliminary list of those who would like to be in GAF 360 league:

Smokey*
Dark Faze*
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ferny*
Ecnal*
Nightz*
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop*

*vets that have played in GAF leagues in years past. They will get first dibs on teams.

I'll leave this open until Tuesday morning and then I'll create the league

:eek:

Bollocks

So what's the deal with VC?
MyCareer mode is now all SP instead of VC because the connection timed out when I created my profile at start up.
I then created a new MyCareer profile and it still uses SP instead of VC.
I do have the VC in the MyPlayer section but I thought you could use VC to upgrade your attributes? As it is right now the attributes are listen in SP. Any way to fix this?
Played the draft game, got SP?!

Smokey

Alright so I've gone back and have a preliminary list of those who would like to be in GAF 360 league:

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze*
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ferny*
Ecnal*
Nightz*
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop*
zeeaykay

Alright so we have 14 users right now. For those with * (vets) need to decide on teams so newer players won't pick them.

ecnal

as ferny said, we're going to play for the lakers -- unless the nuggets go unclaimed.

OR

to further expedite the process, i'd also consider the thunder -- assuming they go unclaimed as well.

also, i'm sure diddybop wants the clips :)

DiddyBop

Eric Gordon and Baron are no longer a clippers so I have no interest lol. I'm gonna stick with my warriors, that's my pick

Haven't played a nba game in years, what's the best console to get this on, or does it not matter?

Hard to say, I doubt many people have played on both consoles and if there was a significant difference in quality, someone would have mentioned it

Other than that, it really just depends on if you want to play a lot online, in that case, 360 is prob better

Ferny

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ferny* - Lakers (Depending on game)
Ecnal* - Nuggets/Thunder (Depending on game)
Nightz*
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay

Fuck, I love this game. I spend almost all of my time playing as old teams. Such a brilliant idea to start including them.

The 1997-1998 Lakers are probably my favorite, but seriously -- no Nick Van Exel? No Rick Fox? :( I'm assuming they just couldn't get them to sign off to be in the game, which is a shame. I've read Nick Van Exel had issues with Kobe Bryant, Shaq and Derek Fisher, so maybe that's why. lol

Also, the whole Jay-Z thing is extremely goofy.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Since this is the first 2k since the dreamcast days that I've gotten consistently unlaggy/disconnected games I'd love to get in the online association, any scrub team leftover is fine by me.

Wrayfield

Fuck, I love this game. I spend almost all of my time playing as old teams. Such a brilliant idea to start including them.

The 1997-1998 Lakers are probably my favorite, but seriously -- no Nick Van Exel? No Rick Fox? :( I'm assuming they just couldn't get them to sign off to be in the game, which is a shame. I've read Nick Van Exel had issues with Kobe Bryant, Shaq and Derek Fisher, so maybe that's why. lol

Also, the whole Jay-Z thing is extremely goofy.

Nick the Brick, those were the days... :p

mbmonk

I wanted to quickly post on two Sig Skills that gave me some problems in terms of consistently activating so that others might not have to deal with similar frustrations.

tumblr_m9mujbDlj31r4r6t2.jpg

Post Playmaker

Example Players: Joakim Noah, Kevin Garnett, Greg Monroe

This is a player known for hitting open guys in a good position to score when passing the ball out of the post. This skill fires off when passing the ball from a post-up position to an open teammate. The pass will hit the receiver on point and will give him up to a 10% bonus on two-point shots and a 4% bonus on three-point shots, so long as the potential made shot by the shooter would result in an assist for the Post Playmaker.

To clarify the bolded sentence, it is when you are in a post up stance ( Triangle button - PS3; Y button x360), and has nothing to do with you position on the court itself. So you don't have to be in the paint or really close to the paint. When someone mentions "Post up position" I naturally think low and high post positions on the court. That was incorrect on my behalf :)

tumblr_m9muhjXT7r1r4r6t2.jpg

Post Proficiency

Example Players: LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Carl Landry

This is a player with supreme low post offensive skills. Defenders fall for his fakes up to 50% more often than for others, his post shots such as hooks and fades get a 5% shot chance increase and his post moves are more effective. A couple more things to keep in mind:

The shot must be taken from 17 feet to the basket or less.
The skill is still active for up to 0.5 seconds after exiting the post to allow shots and pump fakes to trigger the skill.

Right stick post movement fakes activate this sig skill every time. So for example, if I posted on the left block I will right stick movement fake into the lane to activate the skill, and then do a fade away back toward the left block.

I was trying to do shot fakes in order to fire off the sig skill, but it would rarely activate. This is a much more consistent approach to utilizing the skill.

EDIT: The above skills are the sig skills for P. Gasol. I am really enjoying running the offense through him on the high and low posts.

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ecnal* - Nuggets/Thunder (Depending on game)
Amory
Anachronous_one*
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay
LuchaShaq

Ok so that leaves Anachronous left. If I remember correct he used the Hawks...? If he would just respond that would help too! Added LuchaShaq, replaced Nightz.

I played a game against my brother. For 2k12 I played it on the PC so going back to console was a little different visually and performance-wise. The Jay-Z stuff is ridiculously funny, cool, and unnecessary. I probably need more time with the controls as I kept dribbling in the paint when I wanted to just lay it up. Lots of new animations. I thought the graphics would be a complete eye sore after playing PC but it wasn't.

There was this weird replay bug that kept happening where it would replay all the way back to a different play. It tried doing it again in he forth quarter but instead it just gave us an error and redirected us to the dashboard -_-

ecnal

Ok so that leaves Anachronous left. If I remember correct he used the Hawks...? If he would just respond that would help too! Added LuchaShaq, replaced Nightz.

in OA, there are 30 teams no matter what, right?

curious to know how trades are going to work -- e.g. human <> CPU trades and CPU <> CPU trades.

Omega

Banned

curious to know how trades are going to work -- e.g. human <> CPU trades and CPU <> CPU trades.

CPU refuses almost every trade if I remember correctly.

basically you could offer the Lakers LeBron for Metta and they'll counter-offer with LeBron + Bosh + 1st round pick for Metta and Sacre

Smokey

I think there's some type of trade committee for human to human trades

would've been sweet back in the heyday lol

DiddyBop

Lmao I remember that AI trade, classic haha. Hopefully we get more people signed up, the past leagues were some of the most fun I've had with gaming.

Smokey, where is the other dude that ran the PS3 league and used the Lakers? Can't remember his GAF handle...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i implemented the trade committee into 2k. Smokey didnt want it for obvious reasons.

Smokey

Lmao I remember that AI trade, classic haha. Hopefully we get more people signed up, the past leagues were some of the most fun I've had with gaming.

Smokey, where is the other dude that ran the PS3 league and used the Lakers? Can't remember his GAF handle...

viakaka aka viakado

i implemented the trade committee into 2k. Smokey didnt want it for obvious reasons.

get out of here liar. it is best to let one be freeeeee in the 2k leagues

I would love to get in the 360 league.

Joey Six Pack is the gamertag

alright ill add you to the list. we are going through teams for the vets.

DiddyBop

Ecnal I still remember using thw clips against you in some playoff series with you being the Jazz. Baron was abusing Nash but dat teleporting ronny brewer cotdamn

Ferny

Smokey make a thread for the league. Even if it's just a simple one just to have everyone in the league interested together and we can get this thing going!

ecnal

Ecnal I still remember using thw clips against you in some playoff series with you being the Jazz. Baron was abusing Nash but dat teleporting ronny brewer cotdamn

haha, classic series!

ronnie brewer was a monster... guy in front of me? NO PROBLEM, DUNK ANIMATION STARTING FROM MID RANGE.

edit: anach wants the nuggets... so... hmmmmm

i'll take the thunder so ferny and i don't hold up the league :)

Smokey

Smokey make a thread for the league. Even if it's just a simple one just to have everyone in the league interested together and we can get this thing going!

i was debating on doing that or kind of keep it in here since this thread is going to get moved to community in a few weeks anyway

thoughts?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Was watching some youtube videos while at the gym.

I still can't believe some people play from broadcast cam and not 2k cam.

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood
Ecnal* - Thunder (Depending on game)
Amory
Anachronous_one* - Nuggets
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay
LuchaShaq
CrawfishPete

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood - Twolves
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay
LuchaShaq
CrawfishPete

I sent a PM to all of these guys so hopefully they come in here and pick a squad

Smokey

That's a nice squad.

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory
triggaz
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay
LuchaShaq
CrawfishPete

newsguy

Is there a way to play team play online that's not quick match? Like where I can actually pick my team and player I want to be? The damn game keeps giving me the worst players on any team I play on. I still play well, but I'm tired of getting my ankles broken cause I'm too damn slow.

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
triggaz
chizmiz

rinse - Pacers