• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Blablurn

had my first online game (pc version). very laggy, game got cancelled due to connection problems. at least they gave the win to me.

Nabs

had my first online game (pc version). very laggy, game got cancelled due to connection problems. at least they gave the win to me.

I bet you'll have better luck when they release the game digitally and have more people to play.

Blablurn

I bet you'll have better luck when they release the game digitally and have more people to play.

could be ! or maybe the guy i played with just came from somewhere far away with the most stupid internet connection ever. gonna try it some more today. its definitely fun when it works.

Smokey

Ayo I'm down to join but I would only be able to get on past 1130 pm Pacific or at 6-8 am. What's up? What teams are left?

That would most likely be an issue to be honest.

I'm going back to the Wizards. People are doubting my boy Wall in the nba thread and I'm taking it out on 2kGAF.

About time you man up.

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood - Twolves
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
Anachronous_one* - Nuggets
triggaz - Knicks
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls
gabyskra - Sixers

LuchaShaq

Banned
Has anyone messed with the facebook game/ios app/ios version of the game? Saw an old news story saying they would push vc to the console version but haven't seen anything since.

Still wish there was a cross save vita version though.

Smokey

Haven't yet. Was going to last night but had to play Madden gaf game then bed for work. I will probably create it and just PM you guys the password, will be easier.

mbmonk

For the first time in my 2k carreer I have a winning record for online quick match. Have I improved or is it just because I am using the Lakers?

Lakers! :p

Amory

The celebrity team is so damn stupid. Just...why? At the very least they should've rated them terribly so you could use them as the Washington Generals or whatever.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The celebrity team is so damn stupid. Just...why? At the very least they should've rated them terribly so you could use them as the Washington Generals or whatever.

Even after googling their names I'm not sure why most of that team is considered a celeb.

Bow wow/bieber are the only two I could see at work/on a run and be like "oh that guy is here, weird".

They aren't rated terribly? I would have loved the challenge of trying to beat the Dream Team with the celebrities on Hall of Fame difficulty. Could have been an amazing achievement.

Amory

They aren't rated terribly? I would have loved the challenge of trying to beat the Dream Team with the celebrities on Hall of Fame difficulty. Could have been an amazing achievement.

They're rated about as high as the dream teams...like a 97 overall.

LuchaShaq said:
Even after googling their names I'm not sure why most of that team is considered a celeb.

Bow wow/bieber are the only two I could see at work/on a run and be like "oh that guy is here, weird".

Well, they're all people that actually played in the celebrity game on All Star weekend, which is a joke event that real celebrities can't be bothered with. The "celebrities" that do participate generally just goof around. Bieber took it really seriously when he played in it, though. Because he wanted to show everyone that he's not only a great musician, but also awesome at basketball.

He reminded me of a kid in one of those sports themed "make a wish" segments on sportscenter.

Anyone have a good strategy for this issue?

When you strip the ball and the camera flips around (I use the 2k camera so it's a full 180 rotation) and you have to run the other way I always get a slowed down cuz I can never get the timing right and end up standing still

When you strip the ball and the camera flips around (I use the 2k camera so it's a full 180 rotation) and you have to run the other way I always get a slowed down cuz I can never get the timing right and end up standing still
Always happens to me too. I hate that shit.

MattDoza

It's something that you either have to get really good at by controlling the thumbstick's direction when it happens, or use a different camera angle.

I sometimes wish there was an "always up" option for the 2K camera. Similar to the "Ice" angle you see in NHL, but not quite as far up of a view.

Smokey

Pms are out. Join by going to Online Association, Join, and entering the info I gave in the PM.

It starts in 7 hours so gogo

ecnal

ayo, we need the ID too.

there are multiple leagues with the same, and it doesn't show who created them on the search screen lol

DominoKid

you just have to get used to rolling the stick around w/ the camera.

the fun stuff is once you start noticing streakers before the camera turns around and hit them w/ the icon pass for the quick bucket. its fun hitting wide open 3s while the camera is still turning around.

Fjordson

Finally getting my head around MyCareer. Didn't want to be drafted by Blazers but Aldridge makes the games so much easier. Only, was drafted 11th and Blazers picked another PG at 6th so I am playing mostly SG.

Now fix the PlayVision stuff, 2k.
Same here, got drafted 11th by Portland.

That other PG is Damian Lillard. Sort of annoying to be constantly put at SG with him at point even though I'm averaging 9 assists to his 4. Oh well. Like you said, Aldridge is a beast, and they have some other athletic guys who are good for assists on the break like Batum and Hickson.

Amory

So, this being my first online association experience, can someone explain how it works? Basically just play? What's up with the timer on the home screen?

I underestimated how tough hall of fame difficulty would be, got absolutely worked by the sixers lol. Have to practice.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Signed into online association. I searched, but don't see a league thread yet.

What guidelines are we using? Any restrictions on PiP % of total score? Any allowance for fast real points?

Smokey, how much control do you have over the league advancing? Are we screwed of we don't get our games in in the next 4 hours or so?

Ferny

Basically when the timer gets to zero, the league advances by a day. So if you have a game scheduled that day, you should play it to avoid any games being simmed. Best way to do it is to look at the calender and see how many games you have that week and play them out as soon as you can.

As far as I know, Smokey hasn't made the league thread just yet. I think we're using some PIP limit but not certain.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha

Looks like our game might advance if we don't play ASAP. Sent a friend invite out and a game invite a few times.

EDIT: Timer rolled over and there are now 8 days to get games in. My bad, this timer thing is goofy.

Smokey

BK Nets for me.

Check you PMs...for pw

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords - Nets
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
Anachronous_one* - Nuggets
triggaz - Knicks
rinse - Pacers
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls
gabyskra - Sixers
FMT - Spurs

I paused league and am going to make league thread now so we can communicate over there instead of cluttering this thread up.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I paused league and am going to make league thread now so we can communicate over there instead of cluttering this thread up.
Nice to see that the commish has some control over the timer and pausing! las t year I don't think you could do that, could you?

Smokey

Nice to see that the commish has some control over the timer and pausing! las t year I don't think you could do that, could you?

No. I caught it just in time to thee was like 15 secs left. Working on this league thread now.

Edit: Actually I've got to run and take care of some things so I will have it up later today. League is paused for now.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Has anyone had success in resetting the password for their my player account? I can't get it to send me the reset password link no matter what and googling has left me just as clueless.

Trying to log into the iphone game for cheap/easy minigame VC.

Big sorry if this has been asked already, as I did a search on the thread and couldn't find it, and the quote in the OT is a little confusing and I'm not sure it pertains to my inquiry; but if my friend has the pre-order DLC on psn and I don't, am I able to use his psn account to download the DLC to my psn account? Only asking because I remember this being the case with Socom 4's pre-order 'Abandoned' map.

cacophony

i love 2k games but I always suck so bad, I can barely win on All-Star, if I went on online I would get destroyed. how do you guys get good? Are you trying to run plays every time down the court, or do you usually just pass around and try to set some picks, etc? also on D, do you change players every time the ball gets passed?

Blablurn

i love 2k games but I always suck so bad, I can barely win on All-Star, if I went on online I would get destroyed. how do you guys get good? Are you trying to run plays every time down the court, or do you usually just pass around and try to set some picks, etc? also on D, do you change players every time the ball gets passed?

i pass to lebron

Smokey

Big sorry if this has been asked already, as I did a search on the thread and couldn't find it, and the quote in the OT is a little confusing and I'm not sure it pertains to my inquiry; but if my friend has the pre-order DLC on psn and I don't, am I able to use his psn account to download the DLC to my psn account? Only asking because I remember this being the case with Socom 4's pre-order 'Abandoned' map.

Can't he just give the DLC code to you, or am I reading this wrong?

Top Bottom