• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Is there a bug with Sliders and Options not saving?

Seemingly have to turn Run Plays, and PlayVision on every time I play, as well as set sliders again.

I'll take the bucks. My hometeam pride is going to hurt me, I think.

Was drafted there with my SG, they're actually pretty good (under CPU control).

Wrayfield

Finally getting my head around MyCareer. Didn't want to be drafted by Blazers but Aldridge makes the games so much easier. Only, was drafted 11th and Blazers picked another PG at 6th so I am playing mostly SG.

Now fix the PlayVision stuff, 2k.

mbmonk

I have found the post moves practice mode useful in practicing ISO moves against a CPU defender. Since there is no shot clock you can take your time, and also if the other team gets the ball you can just use the pause menu to get possession back. The only major downside is you can't pick the specific defender on the opposing team that is guarding you. It will always be the starting point guard to my knowledge. Also you can adjust the difficulty level of the AI.

Your welcome :p

LuchaShaq

Banned
Got the pm to pick a team but will be at work all day so will just post a list in order.

I don't really care all that much if I get my like 26th choice or whatever.

In order of teams left

Grizzlies
Heat
Nets
Clippers
Sixers
Mavs
Hornets
Spurs
Hawks
Blazers
Kings
Bulls
Jazz

If all vets/other people take all those teams I don't really care what squad all that much either way. Bobcats last choice ever haha.

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Clint Beastwood - Twolves
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
Anachronous_one* - Nuggets
triggaz - Knicks
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls

Waiting on these other two, hopefully they check GAF today as I did send them PMs. I'll also create a league thread as requested by some in PM. That way we don't clutter this one up.

Ferny

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
triggaz - Knicks
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
DiddyBop* - Warriors
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls

Waiting on these other two, hopefully they check GAF today as I did send them PMs. I'll also create a league thread as requested by some in PM. That way we don't clutter this one up.

Another killer suggestion originally made by Mitch Kupchak ;)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OS just gave 2K13 a 9.5

the “best and most accurately replicated sports game to date.”

I agree for the most part. It feels like what the Live series would have gotten to if EA hadn't lost it's mind. As a former Live player who never really felt comfortable playing 2k, this game feels right at home.

Smokey

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Wizards
L1quidSwords
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
triggaz - Knicks
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls

RIP Diddy. Warriors are available. And yeah I noticed it earlier about no Heat. We should keep it that way!

I've been using shitty teams in leagues since before I can remember.

I don't have any shooters on the Wiz...combine that with trying to be under PIP limit...i aint about dat life.

You either die a hero, or see yourself live long enough to become the villain.

twofaceaeckhart.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
I've been using shitty teams in leagues since before I can remember.

I don't have any shooters on the Wiz...combine that with trying to be under PIP limit...i aint about dat life.

PIP limit? Hope any rules like that get laid out before it starts because I'm definitely a heavy fast break/post up person and wouldn't want to break any unwritten rules. (Even though I'm sure it's there for cheesey nonstop drives.)

Smokey

PIP limit? Hope any rules like that get laid out before it starts because I'm definitely a heavy fast break/post up person and wouldn't want to break any unwritten rules. (Even though I'm sure it's there for cheesey nonstop drives.)

Read this OP for general idea of the rules

They are in place to stop people like CB3 from scoring 70/100 of their points in the paint. You can get that experience by hoping in a quick match and playing a random.

Don't you goddam dare pull some Basketball Reasons shit on me smokey.

I want the Heat.

Then you play me for them, and if I win I get them. Then the real fun in the league beings! Do you really want to do that to the rest of your league members Dark...or are you going to be selfish?!

derFeef

Just played the demo. I loved basketball games back in the day, I think NBA 98 was my favourite thing. This might be my first sport game in a while that I buy.

It has some janky animations and the menus are turning me off, but the gameplay is really fluid and smooth. It's tough though and I don't know if I press the right buttons, is the learning curve relatively steep?
Also, is Rodman in this? I need to play the Bulls with Rodman, I don't know any others teams ;)

Enjay

Banned
Just played the demo. I loved basketball games back in the day, I think NBA 98 was my favourite thing. This might be my first sport game in a while that I buy.

It has some janky animations and the menus are turning me off, but the gameplay is really fluid and smooth. It's tough though and I don't know if I press the right buttons, is the learning curve relatively steep?
Also, is Rodman in this? I need to play the Bulls with Rodman, I don't know any others teams ;)
The learning curve is very steep. It's one of those games where you'll have to give your life up to get competent at.

Smokey

Nah too risky.

I'll take the Warriors.

I'm disappointed.

Smokey* - Rockets
Dark Faze* - Warriors
L1quidSwords
Ferny* - Lakers
Ecnal* - Thunder
Amory - Celtics
triggaz - Knicks
chizmiz
rinse - Pacers
zeeaykay - Bucks
LuchaShaq - Grizzlies
CrawfishPete - Clippers
Buddhafist69 - Bulls
gabyskra - Sixers

I'm going to go ahead and create this and send out invites when I get home. The last 2 guys will show up or not, we gotta get moving!

Sitting here in the UK thinking 'Be fun to join this', but then I think

- Will it be laggy?
- What time are they playing?
- Can I really muster up the nerves to play as the Cavs online...

Top Bottom