• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Riggs

Banned
Well I've been testing finisher pretty much all night .....

Finisher 3/3 is definitely fucked. I can make a lot of lay ups with light to medium contact without finish equipped (still acrobatic equipped). If I put finisher on I cannot make shit.

1) Finisher is bugged at 3/3

2) Acrobatic and Finish are bugging each other out ...

I don't know anymore.

I tweeted Ronnie2k, got nothing. Posted on 2k forums and operation sports, but those forums are so fucking dead, OS people just bitching about the bad roster update lol.

And without warning 2k shuts down 2k12 servers when they can't even get 2k13 working properly online. Real class act we have here.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You know what sucks.

That I'm FORCED to be online when I want to play MyCareer mode. It won't save any changes and all data must come from 2K's server. fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

wii version = no online which I'm perfectly fine with

I am sorry.

I wonder if the play ART works in MyPlayer for PC? Currently on the PS3 in MyPlayer the play ART doesn't appear on the floor.

Ah. Playvision you mean. All plays, full mode all the time for me, by the way.

It's still finicky. Seems especially so in MyPlayer. I go and turn it on all the time (first finding it in the menus depending on which game mode you're in), tell it to save to my profile, and maybe it works for a few plays (mostly out of bounds).

Sucks as without it you're just kind of flying blind. They spend so much time building a deep play system and then don't check to make sure you can actually use it.

mbmonk

And without warning 2k shuts down 2k12 servers when they can't even get 2k13 working properly online. Real class act we have here.

Classy... :(

Ah. Playvision you mean. All plays, full mode all the time for me, by the way.

It's still finicky. Seems especially so in MyPlayer. I go and turn it on all the time (first finding it in the menus depending on which game mode you're in), tell it to save to my profile, and maybe it works for a few plays (mostly out of bounds).

Sucks as without it you're just kind of flying blind. They spend so much time building a deep play system and then don't check to make sure you can actually use it.

Thank you. I was attempting to play MyPlayer but w/o play art I am just guessing ;)

onQ123

Maybe it's just the demos but on the Xbox 360 the players move like robots but on the PS3 they move more life like.

am I the only person who notice this or did they fix this in the full game?

pax217

Maybe it's just the demos but on the Xbox 360 the players move like robots but on the PS3 they move more life like.

am I the only person who notice this or did they fix this in the full game?

I feel like the 2K series has always had that, it's not too fluid from animation-to-animation (that said, EA's series was always worse. I've bought 2K every year since 2K5, so I'm not trying to knock it, just reinforcing your point)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
WHAT?!?!

NBA Street 2 is amazing! Holds up so well.

Very different game from NBA 2K13 though (lol).

Thanks man :)

I love Street 1 & 2 but DAT RUBBERBANDING. NBA JAM OFE is my go-to for arcade basketball action now. Really fun game. (Also has crazy rubberbanding of course but not nearly as frustrating as Street.)

Just picked this game up last weekend and really haven't played a 2k basketball game since the early 2ks w/AI. I really like the presentation and options but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the right analog move stick.

The right move stick feels very unresponsive. Like I try to make a move (spin) and there's a major delay or the player doesn't do much at all. Am I doing something wrong, or does this just take time to get used to? BTW-I have it on the PS3.

Also, what's up with rebounding? I feel like my player seldom gets rebounds or the CPU AI gets way more offensive boards than it should.

I really want to like this game as there so many good things about it..I like the Fantasy drafting and association modes, my player/career...Fun stuff, but right now the gameplay is holding me back from really liking it. Feels like I either just shoot jumpers or force to the low post...No driving past players, no post game..Additionally I guess passing seems weird too..Make that, passing on the fly, not when I use the icons...

mbmonk

The right move stick feels very unresponsive. Like I try to make a move (spin) and there's a major delay or the player doesn't do much at all. Am I doing something wrong, or does this just take time to get used to? BTW-I have it on the PS3.

I have had some issues getting the spin move to work when I want to. I tend to use the behind the back dribble instead.

As for the delay, it's a bit hard to fully understand what you mean. In 2K the current move ( & animation) have to finish before it will execute the next one. I like to think of it as I am queuing up moves. I apologize if this is not what you are speaking of.

jobber

How do I turn the right stick back into the shot stick?

I keep driving to the basket and flicking the stick only to do a stupid dribble move.

jobber

just hold L2

creature of habit I suppose. I've played 2k11 so much that shooting with the stick on a break without the need of pressing anything else is new. I suppose this method sucks when I'm using that same button to back down in the post.

Is the kinect option borked? I have to yell 5 times to get a screen set then the game thinks I called time out when I'm not saying anything.

Also pressing B in 2k11 is used to fake a pass. On this, it's used to hopstep >_>

So my brother's coming down for a visit and I'm looking to get this so we can play together.

So...360 or PS3 version guys? I mean performance wise and graphically.

Patch for the 360 & PS3 versions come out tomorrow it seems.

Link: https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/273241566901051392

Looking forward to playing that in March on the PC.

Also looks like some folks have a trainer for PC that fixes a few of the bugs: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-pc-forum/582632-nba-2k13-workarounds-tool.html

Scoreboard
This is a simple workaround for the "scoreboard disappearing" bug that plagues the retail version of NBA 2K13.
To have it on top of the game, switch the game to Windowed mode and use the Always on Top switch in the tool. If you want to remove the borders from the game's window, you can try using a tool such as this one:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p=30525996
I'm looking into providing the option of the scoreboard being an overlay in the game (kind of like FRAPS shows you the framerate), but it's going to need some more research.
This will have to do until then. Hope it helps!

Autosave
This sets all NBA 2K13 saves to read-only so that the game can't overwrite them via autosave. You won't be able to manually save them either until you enable autosave via this feature again.

Sliders Import/Export
This adds the ability to export the sliders part of the Settings file to another file, so that you can keep separate sliders files and be able to switch between them easily.

Playvision On/Off
Works as a trainer that forces the following settings in-game, both in and out of MyCareer:
Playvision: Show All
Playvision Display: Full
Playcalling Messages: Show All
Offensive Playcalling: Auto
Defensive Playcalling: Auto

Babalu.

new patch. some good stuff.

These are the full game update notes for NBA 2K13 Patch v1.02.

The patch is available on XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3!

GAMEPLAY
Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the “Take Charge” animation.
Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
Tuned three-point percentage.

GENERAL

NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
(360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.

MyCAREER
Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the “Defend Your Home Court” billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal “Give your team the lead before the game ends” when subbed out before the end of the game.
The Teammate Chemistry rating on the “Play Next Game” loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.

ASSOCIATION
3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
(Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
(Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).

mbmonk

After the patch, I was playing ranked online and my CPU teammate took a charge. I damn near about fell on the floor. The CPU never took a charge before the patch, it was a blocking foul 100% of the time.

reverse-1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

After the patch, I was playing ranked online and my CPU teammate took a charge. I damn near about fell on the floor. The CPU never took a charge before the patch, it was a blocking foul 100% of the time.

Looking forward to this and the offensive rebounding fixes

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am wondering what is a good difficulty level post-patch. Pro is a bit too easy so should I just jump up to the next?

Smokey

reverse-1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

lol

looks like i can finally start MyPlayer. I always wait for the a significant patch before jumping into that mode.

I can't find the post, but someone mention other people stacking their MyTEAM roster with 3-point shooters. After reading about this I decided to go back and play some more of this game mode. Wow. EVERYONE I played would just jack up 3 point shots the entire game. What is it that makes people do that in this specific mode? I haven't seen anyone shoot 3's like that in ranked.

It was funny though. The people I played would get hot in the first quarter and then start missing the rest of the game. I could tell who they were trying to shoot with and I would just jump out on them when they got the ball. I'm loving my team also. Here is what my roster is currently looking like:

Starter/Back-up

PG: Norris Cole/Tony Worten
SG: Mike Dunleavy/Malcom Lee
SF: CJ Miles/James Jones
PF: Reggie Evan/Jeff Pendergraph
C: Ronnie Turiaf/Old School(can't recall his name)

Oh for sure. That team would be terrible in real life. But the way I use them in game, I love them. I have Norris with a high mid-range jumper and ball handling, CJ for slashing, Jones for 3's, Reggie, Turiaf, and Pendergraph for easy boards and dunks.

But like I said, I have been running into players who only try to jack 3's and end up shooting themselves out of the game. I also use on-ball D which I don't think most people expect.

EDIT: Just beat someone who had Lebron on his team... he quit in the 4th quarter, I was up 77-57. Team work makes the dream work.

Wrayfield

I think they finally implemented PlayVision in MyPlayer mode (not sure if anybody posted/noticed). I'm so used to freelancing that I have a hard time following it.

Edit: Ok, beaten multiple times.

Fjordson

Damn, sounds like there have been some decent improvements to My Career. I haven't touched this since the week it came out, might have to get back into it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there any simple way to reset all your settings or do you have to delete your settings file? Also, it seems that doesn't affect controller settings? (Pretty sure defensive assist is not 100 by default though maybe it is.)

mbmonk

Damn, sounds like there have been some decent improvements to My Career. I haven't touched this since the week it came out, might have to get back into it.

I dipped into MyCareer last night pretty hard. Before the patch I was a Center and barely making C teammate grades. Once I actually knew where to go due to play vision I was player of the game, A+ teammate rating, and got moved into the starting lineup.

The only weird thing is if I set a pick sometimes the play art will disappear completely. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Oh well. Much more fun post patch.

me and zep played against each other on the pc version.
no lag or anything. pretty smooth.
the drawback is that we have to be in league to play together.
so who wants in on this bitch?
i know some of you have it or contemplating the pc version.

Just an update to my MyTEAM: I picked up Gerald Green and man was he worth it. Ever since then he has been the player of the game for every single game. I'm currently in the 6th seed. One thing I just found out is that the prizes for getting to the top 3 seeds are MJ, Magic, and Bird.

Hey guys, I'm on the GAF now because I'm thinking I'm semi-cool now.

Anyways, Social Media Coordinator for 2K Sports here, Ill be lurking the GAF now ;)

why would anyone admit to being involved with that trash of a studio?
laziest, and most incompetent cunts i've had the least pleasure of playing a game.

Top Bottom