• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

We will see this year. They suppose to have put "Top Men" on the Servers for 2K15

i hope so. the one area where 2k is really lagging far behind EA (in sports games) is online performance and features. really bums me out that nba 2k (and mlb the show, although that isn't by 2k) are held back so much by piss poor online. don't hurt me again 2k!

i hope so. the one area where 2k is really lagging far behind EA (in sports games) is online performance and features. really bums me out that nba 2k (and mlb the show, although that isn't by 2k) are held back so much by piss poor online. don't hurt me again 2k!

They are putting such an emphasis on MyPark that it would be a failure of epic proportions if their netcode was broken like it was in years past.

theWB27

I don't mind if it's offline only, I just want to be able to do multi-team trades again.

• Custom Roster

• Season Length

• Conference Quarterfinals, semifinals, finals and NBA Finals

• Fantasy Draft Option

• Salary Cap

• Hard Cap

• Trade logic settings

• General settings including team chemistry, lineup management and prospect scouting

• Difficulty settings

• Trade Negotiations Difficulty

• Contract negotiation difficulty

• CPU re-Resigning Aggressiveness

• Morale difficulty and effects

• Chemistry difficulty and effects

• Trade frequency settings

• Blockbuster trade frequency

• Injury effects

• Draft class quality

• Player progression rate

• In-season training effects

• Player non-financial ambitions factor

• Normalize played to sim minutes

• Can manage/play with all teams

I haven't heard anything on more than 2 team trades. http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

LuchaShaq

Banned
• Custom Roster

• Season Length

• Conference Quarterfinals, semifinals, finals and NBA Finals

• Fantasy Draft Option

• Salary Cap

• Hard Cap

• Trade logic settings

• General settings including team chemistry, lineup management and prospect scouting

• Difficulty settings

• Trade Negotiations Difficulty

• Contract negotiation difficulty

• CPU re-Resigning Aggressiveness

• Morale difficulty and effects

• Chemistry difficulty and effects

• Trade frequency settings

• Blockbuster trade frequency

• Injury effects

• Draft class quality

• Player progression rate

• In-season training effects

• Player non-financial ambitions factor

• Normalize played to sim minutes

• Can manage/play with all teams

I haven't heard anything on more than 2 team trades. http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

Can I save it to USB to pass to a friend who's playing as another team?

BlindRage

How much VC do you get for each game? (Then my career, if you can)

Compared to, how much does shit cost? MyTeam packs are crazy overpriced in 2k14 and it sucks cause all I need is the 1 achievement for collecting 13-14 players. Fml.

Sandfox

Compared to, how much does shit cost? MyTeam packs are crazy overpriced in 2k14 and it sucks cause all I need is the 1 achievement for collecting 13-14 players. Fml.

They changed the way packs work in MyTeam this year.

BlindRage

They changed the way packs work in MyTeam this year.
How, if you don't mind?

Only thing I have saw on myteam was the marketplace or whatever you wanna call it. So if I only need 1 bronze player to finish the team, I'll be able to buy him for 300-400 myteam pts hopefully.

Maybe people who have the game know a couple things...

Is VC still incredibly stingy for Mycareer and Team? Are you still pretty sluggish on defense?

Sandfox

How, if you don't mind?

Only thing I have saw on myteam was the marketplace or whatever you wanna call it. So if I only need 1 bronze player to finish the team, I'll be able to buy him for 300-400 myteam pts hopefully.

How will packs work? Has the frequency of duplicate cards in purchased packs been reduced?

With the introduction of the auction house, we have shifted the packs to include a larger selection of cards to pull from and the cost per pack is lower so you can buy them more often. All of the standard packs have a chance at pulling a bronze, silver, or gold player so there is amazing suspense when opening packs. We do still plan to release some specialty packs, but they will be available at limited times only. The items that come out of packs are based on the odds of the pack so it’s entirely random. Overall, you should see fewer duplicates because of the larger selection of cards to pull from in each pack. Keep in mind, any duplicates you do pull can now be sold on the Auction House for a price you determine.
http://www.operationsports.com/features/1959/nba-2k15-myteam-interview/

Maybe people who have the game know a couple things...

Is VC still incredibly stingy for Mycareer and Team? Are you still pretty sluggish on defense?

MyPlayer isn't as reliant VC as it was last year and MyTeam is mentioned in the quote I posted above.

ViciousDS

Banned
The dopamine hasn't worn off the game is pretty damn good so far. I'll give til the end of the week to determine if it's really a beast. Good upgrades on physics and momentum is a factor, the shot meter is a god send to prevent cheesing. They put in video tutorials called 2KU, the Menus are far superior to last years game.

Bulls and Bucks Intro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPvI9nwsfo&feature=youtu.be

Omg they even licensed the music for the bulls.....I'm so pumped!!!!!

Took me like 30 minutes for the face scan. It kept saying it couldn't recognize me even tho I had perfect lighting and everything.

Yeah the prices in 2K14 were ridiculous. A gold back was ~12,000 VC, if you were lucky you would get ~3000VC for playing a full mycareer game so it would take around 4 hours to earn enough to get a single gold pack. Or you could buy 15,000 VC for like $5.

After buying 2k14 digitally, I'm kinda on the fence with this. I might sell Madden for it, because I sank so many hours into MyCareer last year that this year probably wouldn't be any different.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Gonna wait for news on the PC version. I played A TON of 2k13 and 2k14 on steam. I'm just so sick of their awful netcode that I might actually wait this one out for a sale. I only play ranked matches so I don't care about the microtransaction stuff or the association mode. I just want decent netcode for once. It's been awful for years and I have no idea why it's never been fixed in a game this popular.

Dp3Rmit.png

Some dude on Reddit got the game early and can't even play Mycareer to answer questions because the servers are down. I guess it is like 2K14, where you need a server handshake to even play SP modes.

theWB27

Some dude on Reddit got the game early and can't even play Mycareer to answer questions because the servers are down. I guess it is like 2K14, where you need a server handshake to even play SP modes.

Odd...I'm watching people play right now on Live from Playstation and 2K stated saves are local. I'm calling BS....they've been streaming all day...every mode.

Justified

Im sure any mode that has VC tied to it in some way is going to have server verification

Top Bottom