• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Jeez Lebron sounds mad as fuck postgame and skipping the podium.

Kinda makes me nervous. I remember how salty he was last year when they went down 3-1 and then went berserk the next three games.

This picture says a lot.
DBhgdfDVoAEcnPy.jpg

rambis

Banned
If this was the 73-9 season and they went 16-0, the conversations of best team ever would be entertained.
This team now is probably the best ever. I don't think the Lakers came close to this point differential. The thing is that its almost not even noteworthy looking at the roster and rest of the league.

beat

In five years when the next team that lucked into drafting the guy that actually develops into that elite top-3 player has assembled an unbeatable squad that rolls through to a finals win we'll be hearing the same shit.

Member how the Spurs got Tim Duncan while already having the Admiral?

So... Boston swindling the Nets?

Tell me how many other times did we have the same match-up in the finals 3 times in a row?

Jordan's Bulls they faced a lot of different teams in the Finals.

Celtics and Lakers in the 80s had a lot of different teams challenging them and pushing them.

Cavs and Warriors got fuck-all to compete with.

The Celtics and Lakers played each other 3 times in the Finals in the 80s, same amount as Cleve and GSW have. The West was as horrible in the 80s as the East is now, which is why the Lakers were able to go to 9 Finals in the decade. Meanwhile a whopping THREE teams made it out of the East during the entire 80s, the Celtics, Sixers or Pistons. That's it. If you want to go further back, the Lakers and Celtics played each other 4 out of 5 years in the Finals at one point in the 60s, during a span when the Celtics went to the Finals TEN STRAIGHT YEARS. Want something a little more current? During the 15 season stretch starting in 1999, the Spurs and Lakers accounted for 10 of the NBA championships. This narrative yall keep trying to push is blatantly false and fueled by misguided nostalgia and recency bias.

Now we get the people who legitimately want to act like players getting together and creating "Super Teams" is somehow worse for the league than shitty GMs and owners making bad decisions and trades and allowing "Super Teams" to be constructed right under their noses at the expense of the rest of the league. See how the Lakers REALLY ended up with a team of Kareem, Worthy and Magic if you want some examples. I can only imagine the shit storm people would create if the Warriors somehow won the title and ended up with the number 1 overall draft pick, like the Lakers did in 1984.

In five years when the next team that lucked into drafting the guy that actually develops into that elite top-3 player has assembled an unbeatable squad that rolls through to a finals win we'll be hearing the same shit.

Member how the Spurs got Tim Duncan while already having the Admiral?

Im on a fuck KD tip right now, but really I should be saying fuck Sam Presti and OKC's owners. You had James Harden, Russ, Ibaka and KD on the same squad. You dumb motherfuckers. Yall are responsible for this bullshit. And we all know yall couldve paid that luxury tax.

phanphare

Banned

Kinda makes me nervous. I remember how salty he was last year when they went down 3-1 and then went berserk the next three games.

wonder what it is, he said there's a reason that has nothing to do with wins and losses

I didn't view the Warriors as a super team until KD joined. I thought it was neat and respectable how the Warriors built their team before KD, though I still cheered against them last year. They aren't the first to be a super team. They're insanely good and it's frustrating because no one in the league seems close to giving them a challenge

The Celtics and Lakers played each other 3 times in the Finals in the 80s, same amount as Cleve and GSW have. The West was as horrible in the 80s as the East is now, which is why the Lakers were able to go to 9 Finals in the decade. Meanwhile a whopping THREE teams made it out of the East during the entire 80s, the Celtics, Sixers or Pistons. That's it. If you want to go further back, the Lakers and Celtics played each other 4 out of 5 years in the Finals at one point in the 60s, during a span when the Celtics went to the Finals TEN STRAIGHT YEARS. Want something a little more current? During the 15 season stretch starting in 1999, the Spurs and Lakers accounted for 10 of the NBA championships. This narrative yall keep trying to push is blatantly false and fueled by misguided nostalgia and recency bias.

Now we get the people who legitimately want to act like players getting together and creating "Super Teams" is somehow worse for the league than shitty GMs and owners making bad decisions and trades and allowing "Super Teams" to be constructed right under their noses at the expense of the rest of the league. See how the Lakers REALLY ended up with a team of Kareem, Worthy and Magic if you want some examples. I can only imagine the shit storm people would create if the Warriors somehow won the title and ended up with the number 1 overall draft pick, like the Lakers did in 1984.

Shit the Celtics built the entire backend of their 80's championship teams by swindling the Warriors for the rights to the #1 pick.

VeeP

Im on a fuck KD tip right now, but really I should be saying fuck Sam Presti and OKC's owners. You had James Harden, Russ, Ibaka and KD on the same squad. You dumb motherfuckers. Yall are responsible for this bullshit. And we all know yall couldve paid that luxury tax.

OKC did the honorable thing and got rid of their superteam. They wanted parity in the NBA.

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols
Lebron did media in locker room. Said "there is a reason" he didn't go to podium but didn't share it, says "nothing to do with wins/losses"

Mystery reasoning Lebron returns!

THANK YOU. I said some of this earlier myself, but I'm so tired of these complaints when in all honesty none of this is stuff that hasn't happened before in some aspect, and people are acting like it's some brand new unheard of issue.

ISOM

Man, this angry Lebron meme is so tired. This Warriors team is too good to entertain that. Unless he's going for 60, then it's not worth caring about.

Crazyorloco

Embarrassing. I don't like these blow out games.

I casually watched this game for about 10 minutes. This isn't even entertaining anymore.

Totally agree, but I think it was in 1982, not 1984. In 1984 they lost to the Celtics in the finals.

andthebeatgoeson

Not looking good for the Land. Just gotta hope KD leaves in a year or two.

Ultimately, I'm on the side of the players having more power. I'm still salty that MJ, who i don't even like, could be out of Chicago at the end of his career. Or LeBron in Cleveland, suffering for 8 years in Cleveland. Or Barkley. Or any number of great players with crap front offices or people making bad decisions. Yeah, it'll create super teams but we need that so they can change the salary structure.

But i still don't like nut kicker or Curry laying down with a towel over his head or ass hole threes and terrible turnovers. But kd is the truth. So they'll chip.

You guys wanna blame anything, blame the ridiculous influx of young talent to the league the last 4 years being squandered by piss poor player development.

OKC did the honorable thing and got rid of their superteam. They wanted parity in the NBA.
There is no way you are that foolish.

If anything,they realized that both WB and Harden were too sell serving to work together.

The reality is they lacked vision and were cheap.

Real talk:

Let's say you're GSW, you've just won the 2017 finals, and for whatever reason you have to choose just one to keep:

Durant or Curry?

Ronin Ray

qbwtsht.jpg

The NBA truly does suck now. It's hardly worth watching. I mean, it has usually been a league where you know who's going to be in the finals and you rarely get any upsets in the playoffs. But now it's more extreme than ever. One of the best players ever can't even make a contest out of this. It's silly.

Where were you when that shity nets team made 3 straight finals? What are you talking about outside of these terrible playoffs the nba is in a great place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom