• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Cavs turn the ball over 20 times, lose by 22.
Warriors turn the ball over 20 times, win by 19.
@willcain

Damn

tenor.gif

FZZ

Banned
If LeBron is out game 3 white flag is raised

Get Jokic to the Cavs, idk just do something for this insane lack of defense

get rid of Love, JR, TT, Shump, RJ, Frye

Keep Kyrie, DWill, Korver, Bron, and build the team with more defensive minded players

I like super teams. That means we have more underdogs. More stories. More heroes.

Nah family. Underdogs rarely win in the NBA. You want an underdog story, look at Nashville right now in the Cup finals. They knocked off a first seed team in the first round and theyve been more than competitive all three games against the defending Cup champs.

Brian Windhorst‏ @WindhorstESPN 6m6 minutes ago
LeBron has been frustrated having to wait to go to podium a few times recently. So for now, he's not doing it. Didn't yesterday either.

Mysterious podium absence solved

Cracklox

The Celtics and Lakers played each other 3 times in the Finals in the 80s, same amount as Cleve and GSW have. The West was as horrible in the 80s as the East is now, which is why the Lakers were able to go to 9 Finals in the decade. Meanwhile a whopping THREE teams made it out of the East during the entire 80s, the Celtics, Sixers or Pistons. That's it. If you want to go further back, the Lakers and Celtics played each other 4 out of 5 years in the Finals at one point in the 60s, during a span when the Celtics went to the Finals TEN STRAIGHT YEARS. Want something a little more current? During the 15 season stretch starting in 1999, the Spurs and Lakers accounted for 10 of the NBA championships. This narrative yall keep trying to push is blatantly false and fueled by misguided nostalgia and recency bias.

Now we get the people who legitimately want to act like players getting together and creating "Super Teams" is somehow worse for the league than shitty GMs and owners making bad decisions and trades and allowing "Super Teams" to be constructed right under their noses at the expense of the rest of the league. See how the Lakers REALLY ended up with a team of Kareem, Worthy and Magic if you want some examples. I can only imagine the shit storm people would create if the Warriors somehow won the title and ended up with the number 1 overall draft pick, like the Lakers did in 1984.

Well said. I've made a few posts suggesting similar but yours is far better worded and no one listens to me anyway:(

Imagine if the internet was around in the 60s for NBA related chat.

Jeez Lebron sounds mad as fuck postgame and skipping the podium.

Kinda makes me nervous. I remember how salty he was last year when they went down 3-1 and then went berserk the next three games.

Berserk Lebron isn't gonna matter when the rest of his team played like ass (K-Love played better , there was an APB out for Kyrie, where the hell was TT?).

neptunes

Nah family. Underdogs rarely win in the NBA. You want an underdog story, look at Nashville right now in the Cup finals. They knocked off a first seed team in the first round and theyve been more than competitive all three games against the defending Cup champs.

OKC's 2012 playoff run was a feel good story that ultimately ended in reality

Shit was almost like the Mighty Ducks, just based off potential

TTG

Man, credit to NBA tv, Odell Beckam and Klay and they're doing ok with questions. Kenny is the Lebron on that team. Fun watch while getting ready to go out.

Matticers

Where were you when that shity nets team made 3 straight finals? What are you talking about outside of these terrible playoffs the nba is in a great place

What makes the NBA great right now if the playoffs don't? Star players resting during the regular season to prepare for the playoffs? The same teams finishing at or near the top every year?

The games are boring to watch regardless if it's an okay Nets team vs great teams or a superstar team going against an even better superstar team. Just because I get to watch players dunk and drain threes all game and play no defense doesn't make it anymore fun to watch than seeing Jason Kidd's Nets get destroyed.

At least the Nets won a few games against the Spurs. We'll see if the Cavs can win a couple in this series. I think they'll get at least one at home but the problem is Golden State isn't losing on their home court.

Real talk:

Let's say you're GSW, you've just won the 2017 finals, and for whatever reason you have to choose just one to keep:

Durant or Curry?

I think it would come down to Green and Thompson; but just to play I'll say Curry. Because I think gsw could attract another KD with their lineup and the only reason this happens is if ego overruled chemistry. I don't see either falling into that trap, but will take homegrown to stay and show loyalty to new comers.

Crazyorloco

I don't mind the cavs and warriors playing in the playoffs for 3 straight years. They can play 10 damn straight years.

I care about the quality of the games. We're witnessing some dull blow out games. This is a bore to watch.

I hope the cavs come back. A least make this interesting.

I think it would come down to Green and Thompson; but just to play I'll say Curry. Because I think gsw could attract another KD with their lineup and the only reason this happens is if ego overruled chemistry. I don't see either falling into that trap, but will take homegrown to stay and show loyalty to new comers.

Attract another KD? What does that even mean?

Tall4Life

To all complaining about the Warriors superteam... You all do realize that they DRAFTED Curry, Green, and Klay, right? They got Durant in FA, sure, but that's really it. How do you punish a team for drafting really well?

Barrage

Would anyone crying about the state of the League really prefer we went to the putrid "parity" of the Post-Lakers, Pre-Heat 2000s? I'll take a blowout like tonight over those Spurs-Nets "nailbiters" anyday.

If Warriors beat Cavs next 2 games at their home than I think a lot of ppl are going to be turned off watching the NBA.

What's even the point of the regular season next yr.

mjp2417

Banned
Where were you when that shity nets team made 3 straight finals? What are you talking about outside of these terrible playoffs the nba is in a great place

(1) Nets never made three straight finals
(2) 2002 featured one of the all time great conference finals which everyone knew was the de facto finals and was as close and tense as it's possible for a basketball series to be. If Dubs/Spurs or Cavs/Dubs was actually Lakers/Kings redux no one would complain. This ain't Lakers/Kings redux.
(3) 2003 had legitimate parity and unpredictability throughout the entire West playoffs

andthebeatgoeson

KD isn't that great unless he takes a shit team to the finals. That gs rookie out here hitting threes, looking solid. Zaza looks good on that team. Iggy looks okay on this team.

To all complaining about the Warriors superteam... You all do realize that they DRAFTED Curry, Green, and Klay, right? They got Durant in FA, sure, but that's really it. How do you punish a team for drafting really well?

I love how you waved off the KD signing like they signed a mediocre role player.

bionic77

Wonder what Westbrook is thinking seeing Durant evolve to his final form on another team.

For the record KD did the right thing by leaving Westbrook.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Nobody is complaining about GS pre-Durant. KD joining the 73 win team that knocked him out the previous year is what annoys people. The Warriors never needed Durant to win a title, but they were able to get him due to a fluky injury/contract situation with Curry.

rambis

Banned
Except for that whole draft night trade.. Then KG trade. KG called the Supersonics and told them to trade Ray Allen so he could join him on the Celtics.
So you're saying that Boston sought out the big 3? Great, glad we agree.

Lebron caplocked in CLE with no other stars, Bosh with a shitty TOR and Wade who's team was rebuilding created a big 3 of their own to match Boston who no one could come close to beating alone.

KD who was 1 game away from the Finals 3 times in one series decides not only to leave his squad but join the already stacked team that he just lost against under the guise of it being a real challenge.

How are these situations remotely comparable?

Edit: or simply

Vandiger

Nobody is complaining about GS pre-Durant. KD joining the 73 win team that knocked him out the previous year is what annoys people. The Warriors never needed Durant to win a title, but they were able to get him due to a fluky injury/contract situation with Curry.

Its ironic since KD left a team that had the same amount of insane talent before it was dismantled piece by piece.

TuXx

Wonder what Westbrook is thinking seeing Durant evolve to his final form on another team.

For the record KD did the right thing by leaving Westbrook.

He's thinking what every non Warriors fan is thinking.

"He's a great player who's riding the coattails of a 73-9 team."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom