• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall4Life

I love how you waved off the KD signing like they signed a mediocre role player.

Nobody is complaining about GS pre-Durant. KD joining the 73 win team that knocked him out the previous year is what annoys people. The Warriors never needed Durant to win a title, but they were able to get him due to a fluky injury/contract situation with Curry.
I get where both of you are coming from but that wasn't my point. There are many here complaining about the Warriors superteam as if the NBA could've done something about it. Besides the signing of Durant maybe, no. Their other top 3 guys were all drafted, so tough shit. It isnt like this Warriors team assembled overnight.

Even without Durant people would be whining about the GSW superteam.

Sweep incoming.

If Warriors beat Cavs next 2 games at their home than I think a lot of ppl are going to be turned off watching the NBA.

What's even the point of the regular season next yr.

There hasn't really been a point to the regular season in basketball in a long time. Especially not that many games.

Ronin Ray

What makes the NBA great right now if the playoffs don't? Star players resting during the regular season to prepare for the playoffs? The same teams finishing at or near the top every year?

The games are boring to watch regardless if it's an okay Nets team vs great teams or a superstar team going against an even better superstar team. Just because I get to watch players dunk and drain threes all game and play no defense doesn't make it anymore fun to watch than seeing Jason Kidd's Nets get destroyed.

At least the Nets won a few games against the Spurs. We'll see if the Cavs can win a couple in this series. I think they'll get at least one at home but the problem is Golden State isn't losing on their home court.

What NBA have you watched ? The same teams always finish at the top. This isn't new at all and it has always been this way. Read some of the posts in this thread or look up some NBA history. Those nets teams weren't ok they were bad just like Iverson Sixers or James first Cleveland team. The NBA is more loaded with Talent right now then it's been in a long time. Who knows what would have happened in that Spurs series if their best player didn't get hurt. Let's see what the Cavs do at home. They lost the first two games last year and also got blown out in one of them. Even if the Warriors sweep who knows what's going to happen next year with moves and teams making trades.

BadAss2961

LeBron fans have the least amount of faith in the guy. You've already given up and reverted back to KD ruining the league. You all gave up last year too when it was 2-0.

Attract another KD? What does that even mean?
OK, attract another top 10 player who has offensive and defensive acumen and isn't selfish in their play. They don't need to be a top 3 player to work well on this team and push them into unbeatable territory.

KD is almost overkill at this point, but he understands the spirit of the team and wanted to be part of it.

rambis

Banned
I get where both of you are coming from but that wasn't my point. There are many here complaining about the Warriors superteam as if the NBA could've done something about it. Besides the signing of Durant maybe, no. Their other top 3 guys were all drafted, so tough shit. It isnt like this Warriors team assembled overnight.

GTFO with this strawman. Nobody would bat an eye after that team was just beaten 3 straight games in the Finals.

I hope we remember this series as Lebron James vs. the Western Conference All-Stars.

It is a shame that he might get another finals defeat on his resume.

LeBron fans have the least amount of faith in the guy. You've already given up and reverted back to KD ruining the league. You all gave up last year too when it was 2-0.

And if it wasn't for injuries and dick punching that series would've been done as well. Instead we have a healthy team that replaced their worst starter with a former MVP. If the Warriors don't win this it's because the team bus drove off a bridge or something.

OK, attract another top 10 player who has offensive and defensive acumen and isn't selfish in their play. They don't need to be a top 3 player to work well on this team and push them into unbeatable territory.

KD is almost overkill at this point, but he understands the spirit of the team and wanted to be part of it.

The team won't have any cap room after this season. If KD leaves, they're not replacing him with another top 10 player. Top 10 players also aren't really available regardless of cap space.

VeeP

There is no way you are that foolish.

If anything,they realized that both WB and Harden were too sell serving to work together.

The reality is they lacked vision and were cheap.

I was joking lol, should've put a /s at the end but I thought it was obvious.

GSW hit remains brutally efficient.

Hopefully some home cheering will get CLE back on track and find a way to get 3 point looks again. And needless to say, it's hard to win when giving up 30 points+ a quarter.

you need to define who you're speaking to. I've seen this movie before. We're okay, but gotta figure out something better on defense. Simple as that.

rambis

Banned
Yeah Im sure no fan has complained about the Warriors prior to now.

Y'all must have been pissed as hell when Kobe and Shaq teamed up.
Was Kobe even starting then? These strawmen are terrible. People should just go laugh in the corner or something cause these justifications are trash.

VJzg1G1.jpg

I have no idea why any superstar would want to go West.
Paul George what are you thinking?
CP3 go East. You will never see a conference finals if you stay West.

bionic77

He's thinking what every non Warrior fan is thinking.

"His a great player who's riding the coattails of a 73-9 team."
If you are going to hate on KD at least be more creative.

He has been the best player on the floor for the first 2 games of the finals. More dominant on offense than LeBron and probably the 2nd best defensive player after Draymond (maybe Klay can argue with that).

Riding the coattails means he is being carried when in reality he is the guy who took them to another level.

The league could have stopped it if it didn't hike up the salary cap so quickly. A team with that roster should not have been able to make a big time signing like that without gutting their roster with a machete.

Right now they got KD and basically gave up fuck all in the process.

rambis

Banned

He has been the best player on the floor for the first 2 games of the finals. More dominant on offense than LeBron and probably the 2nd best defensive player after Draymond (maybe Klay can argue with that).

Riding the coattails means he is being carried when in reality he is the guy who took them to another level.
Riding the coattails as in can't make it to the Finals on his own without them.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The league could have stopped it if it didn't hike up the salary cap so quickly. A team with that roster should not have been able to make a big time signing like that without gutting their roster with a machete.

Right now they got KD and basically gave up fuck all in the process.

You gonna disrespect Max Barnes like that?

That honestly just speaks to the Warriors defense more than anything.

Yep.

They're really running CLE off the 3 point line. Very aggressive in that. Very rarely have we had good 3 point looks. And when we do get them in rare occasions, we don't seem to be hitting very many of them.

TT is struggling against taller, lankier players. Not having a true center (Bogut) is hurting.

Kusagari

Another superstar going to the Spurs is the only thing that could possibly make anything interesting.

Every team besides them and the Cavs/Warriors is completely irrelevant.

As a guy who doesn't obsessively hate Lebron, watching him lose final after final to these Warriors the next few years is going to be depressing.

TuXx

They were already at a championship level when he got there, and it's easy for him to be more effective than Lebron on offense when he can easily preserve himself for long stretches by relying on Curry and Thompson.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Pretty solid game. Better than game 1. Warriors are incredible. It was nice to see Cavs try harder.

It sucks that every game is going to be tainted with all of these dumb fucking posts about league parity due to KD. Just give it a rest already people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom