• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
How much better can the Cavs play?

I thought for 3 quarters they played well.

I also think that might be peak Warriors. They made it look so easy to score from almost every spot on the floor.

the scary thing was only the second half was peak warriors, they played poorly in the first half

kaiju

Toaster.

031417-kgo-warriors-klay-staring-RDollaz-img.jpg

Rachel Nichols @Rachel__Nichols 7m7 minutes ago
NBA just announced that LeBron James is not coming to the podium post-game.

New SI article on the way

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dubs are scary good.

If they all stay together next year, I would put my house on them winning it all again and I'd throw 50 bucks down for them to break their regular season record again.

They are virtually unplayable.

He couldn't make a contest of it because the second best player on the team played like shit.

You guys kvetching about competition, if Kyrie even shows up half way tonight this is a close game, instead he pissed all over himself on both sides of the court, reminded us all he is horrible on defense, and provided next to nothing offensively.
The Warriors have 4 guys better than Kyrie.

I mean, if this is the NBA y'all want, that's cool. Ride that bad boy into the ground.

TTG

Both teams played really well tonight, 8 or 9 out of 10. Both teams could clean up a number of things, but it was there. Lebron faded, KD and Curry with overwhelming shooting late. Cleveland are gonna have a great chance back home, it's been competitive for like 6 quarters out of 8, don't listen to the whiners about how it's unfair and there's no point.

Great adjustments by Cleveland too, I almost don't feel like making fun of Lue. Lebron got rest in the first half on the bench, Shumpert took a load off him when he played too because he was on Durant. Warriors tried to match by playing Livingston on Lebron for a stretch and didn't work nearly as well. Limiting Tristan Thompson's minutes worked really well for him as well.

Still nothing from JR and Deron. You can't let their role players outplay you when all the of their stars are going too.

PS: Kerr knows what's up. "We couldn't repeat game 1, this was a game based on talent", he's absolutely right, Cleveland has a great chance at home if this is a repeat.

rambis

Banned
Hold up. Did I read a complaint that the warriors and cavs have played 3 years in a row so that's unfair? Do some of you need a history lesson? We ain't gonna act like the celtics didn't play the lakers 4 out of 5 years during their most dominant era? Or how the lakers had a dynasty in the early 2000's or the bulls in the 90's? Or how a good chunk of the 80's was just pretty much the lakers and celtics?

C'mon now. You guys whine about everything
Yeah I missed the seasons where BOS and LA swept there way to the Finals every year.

The NBA is a joke. Ive been alot more entertained by the 3 games of Cup finals action than this bullshit. I hope the Dubs tank the NBA's ratings as long as theyre around in their current form.

Yeah, I'm aware. I would have stopped watching during the 60's and probably the 90's if Jordan hadn't quit.

Even when Jordan quit.

Two best players in the league met in the finals in 94 with Big Pat and Hakeem, 95 it was Shaq and Hakeem and Hakeem DESTROYED Shaq.

This is the league.

yuraya

Lebron is gonna bring it all on Wednesday to not get swept. Down 3-0 will be the nail. If he gets swept in the finals for the 2nd time no one will ever utter his name in same breath with MJ.

Yeah I missed the seasons where BOS amd LA swept there way to the Finals every year.
You act like the other teams stood a chance against those teams anyway. Pardon me but didn't the lakers have a season where they lost like one or two games en route to the finals?

Plus as I said earlier, the warriors easily could've lost a couple of games so far. So yeah, you can go ahead and miss those all you want.

Chase17

Super teams are fine. We just need the other NBA teams to collude to build their own joint super team to compete with the warriors. And what better location than Brooklyn for this to happen.

Aren't playoff ratings higher then they've been in a long time? The masses tune in to watch the super teams play.

Game 1 was lower than game 1 the last two years, but still higher than pretty much any other series since 2000.

TuXx

Does Lebron even come back? Hard to imagine him resigning just for another finals massacre and I doubt Gilbert would be willing to pay another huge luxury tax.

neptunes

Lebron is gonna bring it all on Wednesday to not get swept. Down 3-0 will be the nail. If he gets swept in the finals for the 2nd time no one will ever utter his name in same breath with MJ.

What else can he do if Kyrie, JR, and Korver etc... don't move the game in any way?

overcast

Nice post @TTG. I'm honestly questioning Kyrie's worth right now. But the Cavs can't keep up without a freak game by a support player. Zero consistency there.

Matticers

He couldn't make a contest of it because the second best player on the team played like shit.

You guys kvetching about competition, if Kyrie even shows up half way tonight this is a close game, instead he pissed all over himself on both sides of the court, reminded us all he is horrible on defense, and provided next to nothing offensively.

His team couldn't make a contest out of it. How's that. The Cavs can't stop Golden State's offense. Their defense isn't good enough. But who would have a good enough defense to stop them in a seven game series? Kyrie playing well wouldn't have gotten them the win unless they put up 130+. They basically need their big three to go bananas every game to have a chance.

If people want to defend Golden State because they like KD or the team then that's cool. But this stuff is still unwatchable and it's kind of sad to see the game in this state. And it started due to players teaming up in free agency to chase rings, regardless if people want to have that discussion or not.

bionic77

the scary thing was only the second half was peak warriors, they played poorly in the first half
They turned if over in the first half but they were making a ton of tough shots and playing super fast.

I actually enjoyed the game. It ended up being a blowout but it was close for 2.5 quarters and I kept thinking that maybe the Cavs might keep it close and the Warriors might choke up at the end. Love showed up and played huge and LeBron was huge in the first half. Warriors made a dozen insane shots/plays on offense. It was fun to watch .

charsace

Some of you guys are just acting crazy right now. For all you guys know someone could take that next step and start wrecking people next season.

hyp3rlink

Lebron looked really gassed when he checked out in the 3rd and he couldn't make any of his trademark freight-train runs after that.

I think he is gonna try hard for two and half quarters in the next game and if Warriors can withstand and have a lead of 5-10 points Lebron will surely be fatigued and demoralized to do any harm in the fourth!

Kickz

The NBA is a joke. Ive been alot more entertained by the 3 games of Cup finals action than this bullshit. I hope the Dubs tank the NBA's ratings as long as theyre around in their current form.

This is the worst playoffs I can remember going back awhile...

Atleast the West used to be competitive now nothing

In five years when the next team that lucked into drafting the guy that actually develops into that elite top-3 player has assembled an unbeatable squad that rolls through to a finals win we'll be hearing the same shit.

Member how the Spurs got Tim Duncan while already having the Admiral?

Cavs will give GSW their first lost of the post-season tonight, the black jerseys will remain undefeated against the Warriors and the series will return to Cleveland tied up. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if Cleveland can win both home games after securing a win tonight...... Cavs in 5.....

This is why you don't get too ahead of yourself, mang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom