• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Banned
So what? We saw this year, KD moving or staying would change only one other team, and the playoffs were complete crap because EVERY other team sucked. So you add one more competitive team to the mix, then the playoffs are the conference and NBA finals instead of just the NBA finals.

The shifting order of who gets 3rd-16th place in the playoffs is utterly meaningless, because the regular season had a bunch of entertaining teams and ball even if those teams weren't great record wise.

There's no fix that removes these two teams from the equation.

The difference between multiple rounds of meaningful, competitive basketball and zero rounds of meaningful, competitive basketball is pretty enormous. The West playoffs would have been incredible this year. Instead they were unwatchable.

All these finals do is remind me that dirk is the actual best player in the league. Did it by himself for real, no super team needed.

I don't mind these blowouts, I think they're fun. My team ain't in it, so seeing some ridiculous ball being played is fun.

rambis

Banned
They pretty much have done that, and they still cry and complain. I wanna see Lebron take a pay cut, a big on just like durant's and then get another great teamm8. But he will never do that.
Lmfao. How? KD isnt even taking a big cut.

Curry's bargain contract is the whole reason this is even possible. There hasn't ever been a situation like this in NBA history.

Which is my point, you need to fundamentally alter the entire league if you want to "fix" this and even then I don't think you can.

There is nothing to fix.

Human beings deserve the right to work where they want.

Realistically they cant max out Klay or Dray. Those two will get their paydays elsewhere.

GSW will be great for 5 years then the next team will step in.

To be honest guys, this is moment the NBA changed forever.
Big3.jpg

Tell me how many other times did we have the same match-up in the finals 3 times in a row?

Jordan's Bulls they faced a lot of different teams in the Finals.

Celtics and Lakers in the 80s had a lot of different teams challenging them and pushing them.

Cavs and Warriors got fuck-all to compete with.

Cause the West in the early 90's sucked ass. And even then it was 3 teams twice and the Chuck lead Suns.

Go bitch to the player development guys in Minnesota, and Philly, and Orlando and Nawleans and everywhere else where all these young players came in and haven't developed to where they should be.

Ainge gonna end the Warriors next year
He's ready

LeBron will trade Love , etc for Crowder, Smart, Bradley, 2018 nets pick
��

Love actually showed up tonight. He needs to stop being treated like the expendable one on the Cavs when it comes to their starters

To be honest guys, this is moment the NBA changed forever.
Big3.jpg

What about the Celtics big 3 from a few years before that? Malone joining up with Kobe and Shaq?

LionPride

Banned
Man literally plays for his shitty ass team and drags them to the fucking finals at 23

Leaves at 26 because shitty FO

Goes to another team with close friends, happens to be in the same conference

He obviously did that on purpose and didn't go to the West outta fear. Sure.

I do agree that the rebuild is perfect timing. Let the Warriors have their dynasty for the next couple of years while the Lakers let their future core grow beastly.

Ball/DLO/Ingram/Randle/Zubac is gonna be fun as hell to watch next year.

<high five>

People are laughing at LaVar but if Lonzo balls out, in that market, he is gonna sell them shoes, especially in LA.

He just ain't selling me a pair, 'tis all. :)

charsace

Which is my point, you need to fundamentally alter the entire league if you want to "fix" this and even then I don't think you can.
So what would you do. Do you want penalize the Warriors for being a well run franchise that plans ahead?

Celtics are a well run team too. They are a top 5 team and have the 1st pick. Should they be penalized?

Because I can't think of anything you can do that wouldn't be unfair to well run teams.

does anyone actually want that tho? I know there's a shit ton of salt about the warriors right now but the NBA has always been a super star led league and personally I wouldn't have it any other way

I don't, it would make the league boring as sin and wouldn't even do anything impactful. Best players would still always win, it's a 5 on 5 sport, you can only do so much.

The league is working as designed and it's fine, don't like it, tell KAT to get his ass into as many workouts and film rooms as he can and hope the Brow gets help.

So what would you do. Do you want penalize the Warriors for being a well run franchise that plans ahead?

Celtics are a well run team too. They are a top 5 team and have the 1st pick. Should they be penalized?

Because I can't think of anything you can do that wouldn't be unfair to well run teams.

I'd do nothing. There's nothing to be done and personally, I don't have an issue with it because the alternative is basically just the same thing anyway.

The league is fine, teams missed on Curry and he turns into the greatest offensive player in history.

Sucks to be them.

bionic77

How much better can the Cavs play?

I thought for 3 quarters they played well.

I also think that might be peak Warriors. They made it look so easy to score from almost every spot on the floor.

LionPride

Banned
Tell me how many other times did we have the same match-up in the finals 3 times in a row?

Celtics and Lakers in the 80s had a lot of different teams challenging them and pushing them.

Magic, Bird, or Jordan were in the finals from like 1980-1999

For like 6 of Magic's 8 finals appearances it was against the Pistons or Celtics

Who the fuck the Bulls play? The Blazers? The Sonics? Their best competition was an old ass Stockton and Malone once the three peats started

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

And the Bulls were favorites for all 6 of those championships. Lebron's teams have been the favorite twice.

It would be nice if Kyrie and Love could both show up in the same game.

Matticers

qbwtsht.jpg

The NBA truly does suck now. It's hardly worth watching. I mean, it has usually been a league where you know who's going to be in the finals and you rarely get any upsets in the playoffs. But now it's more extreme than ever. One of the best players ever can't even make a contest out of this. It's silly.

Magic, Bird, or Jordan were in the finals from 1980-1999

For like 6 of Magic's 8 finals appearances it was against the Pistons or Celtics

Who the fuck the Bulls play? The Blazers? The Sonics? Their best competition was an old ass Stockton and Malone once the three peats started

Honestly the closest anybody got to pushing them were the Suns and even then.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This loss is all on Kyrie, pass out of the double

Come on man! This isn't a way to talk about people who work this hard to get here. Laying the blame, let alone in its entirety, is mean-spirited. Maybe you should look internally if you want to find fault with the Cavs and Kyrie because it was YOU who thought they ever stood a chance in hell. Just cause they got lucky last year, you decided to stay in a fantasy land where the cavs actually stood a chance against a healthy Warriors team. Instead of blaming Kyrie, why don't you get on your knees and pray to KD and Steph and beg for forgiveness for the blasphemous thought you've been harboring in your heart that cavs somehow had a chance in these series.

Warriors in 4

Warriors need to cut down the turnovers and foul troubles for the next two games. This game really had moments where it felt like the warriors were in trouble

qbwtsht.jpg

The NBA truly does suck now. It's hardly worth watching. I mean, it has usually been a league where you know who's going to be in the finals and you rarely get any upsets in the playoffs. But now it's more extreme than ever. One of the best players ever can't even make a contest out of this. It's silly.

He couldn't make a contest of it because the second best player on the team played like shit.

You guys kvetching about competition, if Kyrie even shows up half way tonight this is a close game, instead he pissed all over himself on both sides of the court, reminded us all he is horrible on defense, and provided next to nothing offensively.

overcast

I honestly just feel like the western conference finals let me down. Maybe I'm dumb but I feel like the Spurs can legit challenge the warriors with a healthy Kahwai. They will next year.

The finals are far from over. If Cavs lose either game at home it's done tho.

Miracle

<high five>

People are laughing at LaVar but if Lonzo balls out, in that market, he is gonna sell them shoes, especially in LA.

He just ain't selling me a pair, 'tis all. :)

Oh I ain't buyin that shit for 500 either lol. I don't care about the dad much either. He's a living cartoon character imo XD.

Lonzo looks like a good kid which is all that matters. And if he "balls out" like he's been doing in the NBA, his dad could be Don King for all I care.

Hold up. Did I read a complaint that the warriors and cavs have played 3 years in a row so that's unfair? Do some of you need a history lesson? We ain't gonna act like the celtics didn't play the lakers 4 out of 5 years during their most dominant era? Or how the lakers had a dynasty in the early 2000's or the bulls in the 90's? Or how a good chunk of the 80's was just pretty much the lakers and celtics?

C'mon now. You guys whine about everything

Dre3001

NBA should move to eliminate conferences and just do top 16 teams. I think that is the only way to stop super teams as of now.

That way there could actually be different matchups in the Finals each year. Warriors-Spurs with a healthy Kawhi would have been a better series than what we are going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom