• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
I just want to see a good game. Still rooting for GS but hoping the Cavs can make it competitive
until the final seconds when GS snatches their souls and consumes them on live TV.

TTG

Tonight is the night we see if the Warriors have the killer instinct. If they come out throwing loose passes around like it's a joke game then they learned nothing. If they come out fighting to end the series here and now, it's over.

The only time that's happened in these finals has been like a passing version of a heat check. Which is still dumb, just like heat checks are dumb. I don't think they'll be up by enough in this game for that to happen, but Durant isn't about that behind the back pass out of a pick and roll anyway. He'll call for the ball and stand with it for 10 seconds while everyone settles down.

I just want to see a good game. Still rooting for GS but hoping the Cavs can make it competitive
until the final seconds when GS snatches their souls and consumes them on live TV.

I'm rooting for GS, but hoping the Cavs win this game. It would be so lame if both of these teams didn't see a single competitive series this post season.

If you like basketball, you shouldn't be wishing for a Warriors win tonight.

After this series, no meaningful basketball till late October, y'all.

:(

#plzgoseven

bionic77

For Cavs to win I think their reserves (4-7) need to score 40 points.

JR needs to make an appearance or else they all about to go fishing in a hurry (which may not bother him too much). If he goes for 15+ things could get interesting.

#plzgoseven

Not even crazy Ben Simmons passes to hold us over until then in summer league, nor a free agency that is going to be more exciting than last year's

This series is over. The day it sinks in to Cleveland ownership that all those millions and millions over the cap isn't going to bring them more than 1 season of success. Should have realized this on 7-6-2016 when the Dubs signed the best player in the league, but tonight will do. Wonder how long it takes until this team gets gutted? Cleveland back to being Cleveland.

Btw, how much is JR Smith costing them? Oh, in money terms I mean. Not losses.

NJRJyLEKnX2Q8.webp

5th year anniversary is tonight

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]

#plzgoseven

Why not? I wants to see a team go 16-0 in the postseason. Its historic. GS may never gets another chance like this.

bionic77

If the Cavs score more points, then they win.
There is no single stat that determines the outcome of the game.

I guess points scored is mostly a good predictor but I prefer winning percentage. I like a stat that includes more variables. Its calls analytics, which from my understanding is when people on the internet make analysis have sex with statistics to support their theories.

Really hope Cavs get washed. Don't want Clevelanders thinking their teams are supposed to win things. Glitch in the Matrix thanks to Neo James last year.

In all seriousness, hope this is an actual game and would be nice for someone other than Bron and Kevin to show up for the Cavs. It's pretty much do or die.

bigedole

Isn't Curry's contract finally up after this season? I don't think it's a given that this Warrior's team stays together in its current form. Curry will definitely want to (and deserves to) get paid a max contract.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If Cavs lose tonight LeBron can just add to his legacy as the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit. LeGOAT

HeySeuss

Yeah I had no idea as I don't follow basketball too heavily, this is heart-breaking.

Me neither and I live in Ohio. I don't follow the Cavs very closely to know anything about them off court. That was a happy ending that given how the story started I didn't think was going to happen.

The fact that JR Smith has a wife, child, and recognizable home life is kinda surreal

I take it he had a rough life? Don't know anything about him.

Bread

Banned
This series is over. The day it sinks in to Cleveland ownership that all those millions and millions over the cap isn't going to bring them more than 1 season of success. Should have realized this on 7-6-2016 when the Dubs signed the best player in the league, but tonight will do. Wonder how long it takes until this team gets gutted? Cleveland back to being Cleveland.

Btw, how much is JR Smith costing them? Oh, in money terms I mean. Not losses.
Im pretty sure that one year was worth it for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom