• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farsi

Offseason Thread strolling in like
Lavar.gif

Uh Oh, we in big baller zone.

What a quintessential Lebron moment, fuck up on defense and then turn the ball over on offense.

He was absolutely terrible in the last minutes but to be fair, he can't be playing all those minutes he has been playing all year. That's 100% on Lue.

And it's even more on Lue if JR steps on the court again in this series. Not after that ridiculous 3 he put up.

trixx

Let's not do LBJ vs Kobe and focus on the series please

One thing for sure is that this Golden State team is one of the best in NBA history

Shogun413

This is why it's silly to compare Lebron to MJ. He just doesn't have the killer instinct. He should have taken over the game late.

Ever

Banned
Bruh I can't believe people want Round 4 of this garbage

We had a playoffs with like 2 series out of 14 leading up to this moment and it's a 4-0 sweep lmao

At least this will force Silver to do something about these super teams because it makes the game unwatchable since there's no reason to care for 95% of the player base

People calling this greatness just make me SMH

Just put some hard cap on the league because NBA is close to unwatchable because the season is decided from the outset

just SMH

in before the warriors defense force comes in and calls me salty okay smh

Surfinn

I gotta say that KD three was one of the most gutsy/clutch shots I've seen in a long time. He misses that shot, Cavs probably win with momentum moving into their next home court game.

When he pulled up I was like HOLY shit. Dude is good

Warriors win 5 on 8!

Durant is a freaking beast.

You partisan-ass motherfuckers can't appreciate a good game without complaining about the refs. Come on man, that was just great basketball by both teams. Cleveland got outplayed by a superior team. No need to bring the refs into it.

And LeBron is just so good. Yes, Durant, and Curry, and Thompson (Klay, not Tristan) are phenomenal basketball players. But LeBron is averaging a triple-double still, and even when his team plays great (like tonight), they can't eke out a win. He's just ridiculously good, even when going up against the best team in history. That's pretty damn amazing. Hey, you know what Jordan never did? Drag the Wizards to the Finals.

I kinda want the sweep now, because it's clear this Warriors team is the best team ever, and the record should reflect that. But I also want the Cavs to win because if LeBron gets swept in the Finals twice, people will deride his legacy forever, and that's fucking absurd. LeBron can be one of the best 5 players ever and still come up short in the team legacy given the super-teams he's come up against (and been part of, to be fair).

Setzer

You're trying to compare Bosh and Wade

To shaquielle o fucking neal?

No, where did I say that?

I'm saying Bron didn't win anything until he got paired up with Wade and Bosh. I'm sure if he did have Shaq he may have won a ring or two but no way he gets more than Kobe. And I guarantee you Kobe would have got more rings if he had been paired up with Bosh and Wade.

yuraya

The refs tried so hard to make the Warriors lose. So many bullshit soft calls on so many key players throughout the entire game. Lebron and Kyrie both scored nearly 40 a piece. And Warriors still win.

KD persevered.

Ric Flair

Banned
You give Kobe, Wade and Bosh and he gets more than 2 rings. I mean he had less talent in Pau and Odom and still got two. Please...
How quickly people forget how good LeBron was a few years ago, Kobe is nowhere near the superstar that LeBron is and was. I would take a 32 year old LeBron over any version of Kobe.

Oh fuck please don't start a Kobe/LeBron argument

It's damn near fact that Kobe is below LeBron at this point

Move on Kobe Stans
Kobe my FOAT.

Lebron is the better player. His passes are laser-guided, he gets to the rim like a center, rebounds AND he added an efficient 3-point stroke. Basically complete. Kobe was great, but he was selfish to a fault. Great player, 2nd best SG OAT, but LeBron is better.

I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom