• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I love how the minute the game ends the stupid ass "Kobe/Bron/Jordan/KD" arguments start like clockwork.
You know you ignorant if you are not even discussing how this ranks against Ced's accomplishments.

I don't even get the Jordan hype. Freakin Ball's dad said he would rip him up on the court in his prime and he didn't even make it in college.

SCChappy

Banned
Warriors are just too good. I didn't think it would be a sweep but I'm not surprised.

Holy fuck at the Kobe bullshit, did we teleport back to 2010 or something?

Bruh I can't believe people want Round 4 of this garbage

We had a playoffs with like 2 series out of 14 leading up to this moment and it's a 4-0 sweep lmao

At least this will force Silver to do something about these super teams because it makes the game unwatchable since there's no reason to care for 95% of the player base

People calling this greatness just make me SMH

Just put some hard cap on the league because NBA is close to unwatchable because the season is decided from the outset

just SMH

in before the warriors defense force comes in and calls me salty okay smh

QFT. This is the worst post-season in the NBA since the 1960s (the era of "oh, maybe the Celtics will win again"). The league has to do something to change the current nature of super-teams. It's become unwatchable dreck for fans of 28 teams, and now it's clear it's unwatchable dreck for anyone outside of Golden State fans. Even in the 90s, during the heyday of Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls, you still had the Blazers, Rockets, Jazz, Suns, Knicks, Magic, Sonics and Pistons making some noise. By comparison, this is just garbage. Even when Jordan and crew were winning everything constantly, they didn't sweep.

Tristan Thompson makes like $18 million a year and can't even play in this series. Players like him don't have a place in the league anymore. Doesn't protect the rim. Can't score or shoot. Has zero defensive versatility. Same with JR Smith. the one game out of 5 where he's hot is nice, but when he's not hitting his shots he's worthless. Can't defend. Can't create for others. Outside of Bron/Love/Kyrie the Cavs resemble a team from 2004 in terms of roster construction. Not sure what they can do to change that.

LionPride

Banned
QFT. This is the worst post-season in the NBA since the 1960s (the era of "oh, maybe the Celtics will win again"). The league has to do something to change the current nature of super-teams. It's become unwatchable dreck for fans of 28 teams, and now it's clear it's unwatchable dreck for anyone outside of Golden State fans. Even in the 90s, during the heyday of Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls, you still had the Blazers, Rockets, Jazz, Suns, Knicks, Magic, Sonics and Pistons making some noise. By comparison, this is just garbage. Even when Jordan and crew were winning everything constantly, they didn't sweep.
Again

More people watching

But okay

"The league sucks"

And yet next year, there might be as many as like, 6 new playoff teams and a bunch of young, rising stars.

i mean, all that can happen and i personally am still not gonna fuckin' watch next year, because short of half the Warriors roster getting permanently banned for doping in a month my team's ceiling is "punching bag"

Wedzi

Banned
On PTI they were talking about the Cavs maybe trying to go after Paul George this offseason. I have no idea what they can realistically do. GS trading in Harrison Barnes for Kevin Durant is like the Cavs trading in Tristan Thompson for Anthony Davis lol

Setzer

"A new chapter."

DBkOhTSV0AADeF3.jpg

Lmao

Wouldn't surprise me. Then we can just skip the regular season and play-offs and just go right to the trophy presentation.

LMao at this rose tinted bullshit. "You had teams making some noise!" Like what even does that mean? I was there. Nobody in the world thought the Sonics or Blazers had a legit shot of beating Jordan's Bulls. Them winning became a foregone conclusion.

ViciousDS

Banned
"A new chapter."

DBkOhTSV0AADeF3.jpg

Lmao

Sad part is, he looks badass in a warriors uniform. Because clevelands current uniforms suck ass

2003-2010 lebron era was GOAT uniform.

The wine and gold for away and navy blue was fucking awesome

Even the home white from 03-10 looks badass

Kylie was playing like man possesed, its pretty dumb to blame him. The only chance they had was him playing with complete confidence.

Tristan Thompson makes like $18 million a year and can't even play in this series. Players like him don't have a place in the league anymore. Doesn't protect the rim. Can't score or shoot. Has zero defensive versatility. Same with JR Smith. the one game out of 5 where he's hot is nice, but when he's not hitting his shots he's worthless. Can't defend. Can't create for others. Outside of Bron/Love/Kyrie the Cavs resemble a team from 2004 in terms of roster construction. Not sure what they can do to change that.

They can pay David Griffin a lot of money so he can continue his quest to make a new Knicks out of the Cavs.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Kevin Durant's bitch ass is gonna get a chip

Falcons had the biggest choke job of the century

Theresa May is gonna be the new PM

Trump ain't getting impeached

The world fucking sucks, man. Villains winning everywhere. It's like the Earth got trapped in a George R.R. Martin novel somewhere down the line.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Korver has one job.....

Also when The Toaster is on, it is hard to beat this team. He is their X factor and that's crazy to say with how good he is.

Again

More people watching

But okay

Sure, for an entertainment product, that's good news. But people will tune out when it becomes perfunctory. And worse for the NBA, people will stop going to home games to support teams they know have zero hopes in the playoffs. That's where the league gets its money; not people watching a lopsided Finals on TV. What reason do I have to see the Blazers when I know they have zero chance of challenging the actual league champions?

AcridMeat

Banned
Not letting LeBron build the team would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom