• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Only one thing to do Bron

Bring back the old jerseys and ascend to SSJ God

uzhpbthlHqoLTGZ-DW0xYH7u8s4rCCRYp3kfhZc6_6eQ7EQQHeV2PpodXY1ego52ZoatyDINtvstnMW7OoOUPewZ06BT_foofrL_q4yvJ4DbBXnnbvwV8axkIYZK0A63WA

They actually have new jerseys/logo next year, so they might get new unis yet again.

Folks want the Cavs to run shit like the Dubs are about too they never should have let LeGM trade all them prospects and youth (well okay cept Bennett he obviously doesn't count) for Love.

Yeah it made em good right away and they got a ring out of it.

But at the cost of financial flexibility and long term view.

The only difference keeping Wiggins would have made is that they wouldn't have won a ring last year.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Warriors decided to get together? They drafted Draymond, Steph, and Klay, in mid-low first round picks your favorite team probably passed over. Get over it, they beat the game.

This is what bothers me the most. Apart from KD being signed they built the team from the ground up.

This shit comes up all the fucking time now just because they're reaping success of their labor, but around 2014 they were the feel good team of the league. Hell, even 2015 they were the feel good team.

The narrative changes because people have the memories of goldfish.

LMao at this rose tinted bullshit. "You had teams making some noise!" Like what even does that mean? I was there. Nobody in the world thought the Sonics or Blazers had a legit shot of beating Jordan's Bulls. Them winning became a foregone conclusion.

Horseshit. I was there too. And yes, people obviously favored the Bulls (rightly so). But no one gave their opposition zero chance to win. Nor should they; the Bulls didn't sweep a single Finals. Apart from their first, all of them were 4-2, which is close enough to give people reason to think their was an outside shot. Then again, the Bulls also didn't add a former MVP to their team after setting the record for most wins in a season... which might be a fucking clue that parity in the league is worse than it's been since there were only eight fucking teams.

Wow here comes the defense force oh man you sure showed me

Wow a team of great players decided to get together and win rings with little to no effort oh wow that's greatness

Wow son the league doing nothing about it and calling it greatness and pointing to ratings even though it's the only series anyone cares about to damage control the fact that no one else cares about the other 28 teams

Wow damn man if nothing's done we're going to get this same crap for years so why even bother watching

But yeah okay greatness bro you sure showed me

Jesus posts like these just make me smh but w/e get people like this all the time

just smh tbh

I know you think you're making a good point, but you're acting like a child. Take a step back and cool off. It's not that serious.

TuXx

And yet next year the same two teams will be in the Finals with the same outcome..

If something crazy doesn't happen in the offseason, I'm done.

The finals is literally the only thing to look forward to and now that's not even competitive anymore

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Folks want the Cavs to run shit like the Dubs are about too they never should have let LeGM trade all them prospects and youth (well okay cept Bennett he obviously doesn't count) for Love.

I don't give a fuck. They got their ring. They're going to be Sacramento Kings bad once Lebron retires.

Yup, I so glad Dirk and company blanked the Lakers that year and ripped out Miamis heart. Was redemption for 06 and at least we stopped the first round of the supposed super team.

Peja still has me chapped. I would have accepted getting torched by Diggler and Terry...but Peja...?

😡😡😡

sans_pants

avec_pénis
well i hope this means the cavs at least shake it up pretty hard next season

those last 2 minutes were brutal, everyone needs to go

FZZ

Banned
Btw for everyone sarcastically saying "lol yeah LeBron has no help" Kyrie finally showed up for a fucking half, and the rest of the team played average. TT fucking sucked, Deron Williams is negative cap space, fuck a Shumpert, and if JR isn't fuckballing those threes he's useless

Literally the only consistent player has been Klove

fucking hell

A 32 year does not need to play fucking 46 minutes

Bronx-Man

Banned
Y'all whining about the same teams dominating the post-season; I'm an NBA fan living in Charlotte, how the fuck do you think I feel?

Horseshit. I was there too. And yes, people obviously favored the Bulls (rightly so). But no one gave their opposition zero chance to win. Nor should they; the Bulls didn't sweep a single Finals. Apart from their first, all of them were 4-2, which is close enough to give people reason to think their was an outside shot. Then again, the Bulls also didn't add a former MVP to their team after setting the record for most wins in a season... which might be a fucking clue that parity in the league is worse than it's been since there were only eight fucking teams.

Proof is in the ratings. If what you are saying is true it would be reflected in the ratings. Less people would be watching because they hate super teams, and hate when super teams roll over teams. But ratings since Lebron went to Miami, or since KD went to GState, have been as high as they were during MJ's prime.

matt ryan plays like an elite qb until he needs to be an elite qb

And there's that, he could have changed that narrative. It would have been beautiful, it could be the start of a new dynasty and I honestly still believe that with how well they played. I really really hope they come back like Warriors did.

Please. No Falcons talk. Plz.

Sorry my man, I'll stop. It wasn't sad just for Falcons fans, it was sad for sports.

Wedzi

Banned

Well those moves did bring Cleveland their first championship in 50 years and if the Warriors didn't happen who knows how well this Cavs team could have done.

Nobody on earth thought the shambling ass corpses of Stockton and Malone were gonna beat the Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom